So I am legitamately Curious, are the haters happy now?

Zennshi

So instead of asking for the other crew skills to be more useful you smash a crew skill that actually worked just fine.

A crew skill that ANYONE can pick up.

A crew skill that takes no effort to level even.

So instead of just making a slicer we all complain about how broke we are and how slicing is to blame.

Are you happy now?

I'll still be taking slicing with my next character, because I'm not a whining little child who expects to have all the credits in the galaxy dumped in my lap for doing absolutely nothing.

You'd rather be the idiot who took a garbage skill? Noted.

Edited by CapC

I'll still be taking slicing with my next character, because I'm not a whining little child who expects to have all the credits in the galaxy dumped in my lap for doing absolutely nothing.

I'm curious, why? There doesn't seem to be any benefit to it anymore. You can't control what kind of augments you get from augment missions, you can't control the type of schematics you get from crits, you can't even control if you get schematics period. You might as well just go get a real gathering profession now so you have something reliable and just buy all the augments you want off the GTN because everyone will be selling them because they never get the ones they want. (Assuming they don't just vendor them cause the GTN is a horrible mess)

I have Slicing on 8 characters. You know why?

Because it was too good. I'm glad it's nerfed- now I can go back to playing normally.

:D

Yes I made bank. No, it's not the end of the world.

It's the same story with anything that was too good - use the hell out of it while it is, before the nerfbat hits, then get back to playing the game for real.

:)

Have fun making no money and producing nothing worthwhile.

The only really point in slicing was getting a credit gain each mission. You'll get about 10-15 schematics/missions by 300, which aren't really useful either.

Edited by Iwakura

I have Slicing on 8 characters. You know why?

Because it was too good. I'm glad it's nerfed- now I can go back to playing normally.

:D

Yes I made bank. No, it's not the end of the world.

It's the same story with anything that was too good - use the hell out of it while it is, before the nerfbat hits, then get back to playing the game for real.

:)

So because you abused something, everyone else should suffer? What about those of us that were playing normally with slicing? I personally have slicing on 1 character and used it to fund my cybertech instead of having to spend copious amounts of cash sending crew members on missions that might not even return with what I need.

Slicing gave me a reliable way to purchase what I needed, when I needed it. Now I fail to see why anyone would want slicing, because it seems completely pointless now.

Have fun making no money and producing nothing worthwhile.

The only really point in slicing was getting a credit gain each mission. You'll get about 10-15 schematics/missions by 300, which aren't really useful either.

Slicing is a gathering profession. GATHERING. So now, it's like the other ones, where you either have a loss, or make a little bit of profit (if you just sold everything you got from scav/arch/bio), and have a chance of a crit where you get something nice and can make a better profit.

So instead of asking for the other crew skills to be more useful you smash a crew skill that actually worked just fine.

A crew skill that ANYONE can pick up.

A crew skill that takes no effort to level even.

So instead of just making a slicer we all complain about how broke we are and how slicing is to blame.

Are you happy now?

It didn't work fine. It was adding money to the economy at too fast of a rate which would lead to unmanageable inflation. Your suggestion that they just offer free money to all the other professions as well is no way to 'fix' anything.

It didn't work fine. It was adding money to the economy at too fast of a rate which would lead to unmanageable inflation. Your suggestion that they just offer free money to all the other professions as well is no way to 'fix' anything.

I know reading is asking far too much, and I am amazed you didn't read it and hit the quote button to make it look like you actually used the peabrain you do have.

I never said ANYTHING about it working fine.

If you will now take the time to read the quote, you will know what I said.

But because you are a lazy instant gratification sort, I will sum it up for you :

Instead of nerfing a profession that actually has some sort of gain, why not buff other professions to balance it out.

Inflation assumes that there is money there, this game is rampant with money sinks and the gains from Slicing at later player levels are small compared to what you get from selling high level vendor trash.

Also, it amazes me how many of you fail to see that a major part of this money issue is the failure of their Galactic Trading Market.

Or, hmmm... I donno... maybe make crafted items better than the stuff you can buy from vendors and fix the gtm so that buy/selling isn't a nightmare???

Why are the ignorant and unimaginative nerf herders the ones QQing the most?

Your solutions are narrow minded and poorly thought out.

This is why I ask, are you haters happy now that slicing is about as useless as the other trade skills?

Oh and before anyone asks, I have 6 characters who I craft on, they all have different professions. I used Slicing to support these crafters because it is a huge money sink. I know the pain, don't think I don't understand what I am talking about.