Rakata stats? Seriously...

So I was just looking at Rakata and noticed that it's a downgrade for Jedi Guardians from Columi. Columi properly gives us (I'm 100% certain I'm looking at the War Leader Set) +Defense but Rakata removes +Defense from War Leader Set and now has +Surge.

What in the heck was the Dev Team who did this smoking?

I've noticed some similar issues with the Battlemaster gear being a drop in stats from Champion but it's not as bad as going from Columi to Rakata.

And I know it's been discussed but it's just so amazing that the dev team messed this basic understanding of itemization up.

Dude have you seen some of the marauder gear that has SHIELD RATING on it? I'm still trying to figure that one out. But right now the best thing you can do is swap the mods and just keep the innate armor on the pieces. Also some of is still decent, but really they NEED to add a vendor for the Columni and Rakata Mods and allow players to trade tokens in to better optimize their stats.

I have taken the mods out of my columi and put them in my rakata, and now I'm just waiting for the USEFUL mods to drop in Ops.

There's all sorts of crazy itemization in this game. Sniper rife with aim and defense... who's that for?

I have taken the mods out of my columi and put them in my rakata, and now I'm just waiting for the USEFUL mods to drop in Ops.

There's all sorts of crazy itemization in this game. Sniper rife with aim and defense... who's that for?

its for unreleased content u know.. maybe in 2 years you can get a sniper which can tank :eek:

and yes for all who didnt notice that was sarcasm.

I"m a Guardian....First...

Surge... no, this has got to be a bug. Our t3, the top PvE gear, has surge for tanks, there is NO reason for surge on our tank set.

Also, far too much accuracy. This is the part that can kind of have a feasible argument. but 3 of our gear pieces are heavily accuracy focused, when 1 or none would be far better.

There are no better options, the only choice is to get the gear for the base stats from armoring, then put t2 mods into them, that is NOT how it should work.

It's for Kaliyo(or whatever the name is), first Imperial Agent companion. She can use sniper rifles and aim is main stat.

Huh.. I knew Kaliyo could use blaster rifles, never noticed that she could use a sniper rifle. Sniper tank FTW.

She can't use a sniper rifle. She uses blaster rifles and pistols. It's in the codex. The trooper companion Jorgen can use sniper rifles but that's small compensation to Imps that come across AIM sniper rifles. Likewise, I've been trying to figure out who uses Cunning and has blaster cannon use. I run across so many of those when on my Trooper it's not funny.

Agreed, the itemization on rakata gear is just awful all around. The worst part is that this will eventually cause raiders to lose motivation to continue running these ops. If the poor itemization doesn't do it, then the large amount of bugs sure will.

Too late. I just started ops and I've already lost motivation. Are the devs seriously this clueless? MMOs in general are all about loot and the devs messed up the loot. What's the point of doing ops now or playing the game?

Bioware, can we get some feedback on this problem that you guys are working on fixing the garbage itemization?