Anti-Aliasing...Please read, Bioware.

Aerolith

Noticed it hadn't made any difference whatsoever.

So I mousedover and it says "Feature has not been implemented yet."

[smallRage] You kidding me? Put it on the TOP of your patch notes and it doesn't even work?![/smallRage]

I mean hell, I play the game because it reminds me of vanilla WoW (best times ever playing). But when you say "Hey, patch is coming out such&such a date!" then pull it away, then give it back to us, pull it away AGAIN then FINALLY release it, you'd expect for the main feature to be there...

I'm pretty upset. Obviously only a fool would say "I'm RAGEQUITTING the game"... I've got enough patience to wait for the important things.

But please, give us what we want/need that would make the game that much better:

UI scaling/customization (specifically not having to use sidebars).

COMBAT LOGS.

Not having to change chat preferences like font size almost every time we go to another planet.

Ability delay, like having to mash your interrupt key off GCD (global cooldown) and it won't go off.

Core abilities like Snipe not going off properly.

Shooting up to >9000ms when watching something on youtube (and no, it's not a bandwidth issue).

And hopefully one day, addon-capability. In reality, only damage meters. Would be nice to see who is and isn't pulling their weight in a group, instead of having to have a feel for it.

I love the game Bioware, so please don't make me look naive for believing you'll fix these issues and implement what the ENTIRE community wants.

-Aerolith

There are a few other threads with this. My AA works fine. Smoothed everything out, game looks GREAT.

Mouseover tip is wrong. Bioware admitted that.

ATI cards (can't remember the number, 65++) have this disabled right now.

There are a few other threads with this. My AA works fine. Smoothed everything out, game looks GREAT.

Mouseover tip is wrong. Bioware admitted that.

ATI cards (can't remember the number, 65++) have this disabled right now.

No way in hell your AA works.

I'll even post screenshots of what the game looks like without, on low and on high AA.

AA Off: http://imgur.com/iHi6n

AA Low: http://imgur.com/AZRG5

AA High: http://imgur.com/neKmq

...I play on fullscreen windowed...

i7 2600k 4.2GHz

gtx 570

16gb Ram

I'm on an old rig, and was running 10-20fps in warzones. I literally just have a loading screen 50% of my time when I play now, Ilum I can't even move, it's just a loading screen for 5 minutes, followed by 10seconds of nothing, and then people, then a loading screen.

*cough cough* Actually I'm certain his AA does work, because mine does too. Low AA does enough to notice the difference, but High looks pretty great. Didn't take that much of a fps hit while in Republic Fleet either. We'll see how my framerate fares when out questing or in space combat. I only have a GTX 460, but it's handling things well right now.

EDIT: And you don't speak for the entire community. If I had a dime for every time one of you people said that what you want is what everybody wants and best for everybody I could buy 10 years of subs with what I would find in my couch. Please don't assume we care about the same things you do, because we don't.

Edited by Daekarus

I'll even post screenshots of what the game looks like without, on low and on high AA.

i7 2600k 4.2GHz

gtx 570

16gb Ram

Mine works just fine. I'm not going to bother posting screenshots, but it does work

I don't get the "disabled" thing on the control either. They did say that ATI 6900s (or something like that, I don't buy ATI hardware, it always has issues with MMOs) had AA disabled still due to a severe graphical issue they're working with AMD to resolve.

Umm... it works fine. "High" isn't 16x AA, more like 4 or 8, but it does work.

Yeah, I'm thinking the High option is 4x, while the Low option is probably meant to be 2x (but that one doesn't seem to do anything right now, guessing it's broken).

Anyway, in the screenshots OP posted we can clearly see AA is enabled in the AA High screenshot, so I'm not sure why he's saying it doesn't work. There's a difference between "it doesn't work" and "I wanted 16xAA".

Noticed it hadn't made any difference whatsoever.

So I mousedover and it says "Feature has not been implemented yet."

[smallRage] You kidding me? Put it on the TOP of your patch notes and it doesn't even work?![/smallRage]

You kind of lost me there. AA works.

I just checked mine through Nvidia's control panel. Made sure to set SWTOR to Override games setting and then to 32x CSAA. Went into the game, and switched AA to High (I do have the popup that says it's not implemented yet though) and game went from choppy graphics to nicely smoothed out graphics.

Took a 2 degree C hit on my graphics card so turned the fan speed up a little.

Ram use jumped from 650mb to just over 700mb.

FPS loss: dropped a mere 5-6 fps from my normal VSYNC 60 so went from 60 to 54-55FPS (I Vsync simply because I know there is no reason to run faster FPS as the human eye can't see the difference anyway (and my card can't do much better so lol)... no matter what people delude themselves into thinking.).

~Saitada

Edited by Saitada

AA on High is 1X AA, its clearly apparent by going into the game, enabling AA on HIGH then logging out and going to look at the game_client.ini

Like Anistropic Filtering AA can be run in either 2,4,8,16 etc. It does not work like other options such as 1 = on and 0 = off. The Hero Engine doesnt control its AA / AF like this, in fact no game does.

Therefor, the fact Anti Aliasing says = 1 in the game_client.ini means its running 1x AA, which is horendous. Bump the game down to 1280x720 (720P) and keep AA enabled, at that rez, anything from 2x AA upwards will render jaggies complelety smooth, this isnt the case in SW, the game is jaggy as hell at low resolutions even with AA set to HIGH.

This a shoddy implementation of Anti Aliasing and yet another perfect of example of just how awful this engine is.

Ah, shodows - there's a thing. My toon looks like he's had a facelift - but the shadows are just as jagged as ever. Can an engine use AA selectively?

No it canot, AA and AF is applied to the entire image, in fact the AA/AF process isnt even aware of what shapes and objects it is smoothing, its literally a process applied to the entire image. You cannot AA an object like your character and then choose not to AA shadows.

Anyone who thinks there AA is working, I'm sorry but it simply isnt if you've enable it ingame, if however you've edited your game_client.ini then yes it is, although that in itself bring with it its only issues i.e Nvidia Cards having problems with Holo Comms

i7 2600k 4.2GHz

gtx 570

16gb Ram

Those screenshots show that your AA DOES work! I see a difference between no AA and high AA in those screenshots. Sure, the difference is small. Like, maybe it's max 4x AA. But still it does work. You just aren't looking properly.

I went back to forcing AA on my nvidia control panel, even though the ingame one does work. Why? Higher AA and better FPS performance that way.

No it canot, AA and AF is applied to the entire image, in fact the AA/AF process isnt even aware of what shapes and objects it is smoothing, its literally a process applied to the entire image.

This is just not true, and that's why shadows have always looked like crap even for people that force AA on in their video cards.

No it canot, AA and AF is applied to the entire image, in fact the AA/AF process isnt even aware of what shapes and objects it is smoothing, its literally a process applied to the entire image. You cannot AA an object like your character and then choose not to AA shadows.

Anyone who thinks there AA is working, I'm sorry but it simply isnt if you've enable it ingame, if however you've edited your game_client.ini then yes it is, although that in itself bring with it its only issues i.e Nvidia Cards having problems with Holo Comms

Dude the AA is working in game get over yourself and stop with BS pls.....

Is it the greatest no but what did you expect?