The Clone Wars without Sidious

Aurbere

If Sidious wasn't involved in the Clone Wars(remove him from the equation if you will), what would have happened?

Personally, I think the seps would have won eventually. Don't let TCW fool you. The CIS had the Reps on the run for a majority of the war.

What do you all think?

If he was removed from the equation, then the war wouldn't have started?...Or do you mean if he was killed before all everyone found out he was the big bad sith?

If the latter, then Anakin would have achieved the rank of jedi master and he wouldn't have fallen to the darkside. Padme would give birth to Luke/Leia, by that time Anakin would have to confront the council about his secret marriage to Padme. Seeing how far Anakin had come, who by this point learned to control his emotions better the council is ok with the marriage as long as the children are taken in for jedi training this being a fair deal the two of them agree and they are sent for training. Meanwhile, the council finds out where General Grevious is hiding and they send Obi-Wan after him and it goes the same as the movies while Anakin is with the 501st liberating other planets from the CIS. Without Sidious being around, the CIS leaders are having a difficult time in making decisions of what to do next.

Later on the leaders of the CIS all go to Mustafar in hiding, the war continues to drag on for a few more years seeing that Anakin was never sent to Mustafar by Palpatine to kill the CIS leaders. At this point, Anakin reached his full potential and has become the most powerful jedi in the galaxy with his son right behind him though not quite there yet. Leia however, decides to quit and go into a more political role following her mother in politics. Eventually, the jedi and Republic find out where the CIS leaders are hiding and they send a large fleet to the planet to ensure that they don't escape.

After a long and brutal battle, the CIS are apprehended by Republic forces and taken to Courscant to stand trial where they are all found guilty and sentenced to executions for crimes committed against the Republic. Luke now has achieved the same level of potential as Anakin, and the jedi order thrives until the sith come around again and a new threat emerges.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

If he was removed from the equation, then the war wouldn't have started?...Or do you mean if he was killed before all everyone found out he was the big bad sith?

If the latter, then Anakin would have achieved the rank of jedi master and he wouldn't have fallen to the darkside. Padme would give birth to Luke/Leia, by that time Anakin would have to confront the council about his secret marriage to Padme. Seeing how far Anakin had come, who by this point learned to control his emotions better the council is ok with the marriage as long as the children are taken in for jedi training this being a fair deal the two of them agree and they are sent for training. Meanwhile, the council finds out where General Grevious is hiding and they send Obi-Wan after him and it goes the same as the movies while Anakin is with the 501st liberating other planets from the CIS. Without Sidious being around, the CIS leaders are having a difficult time in making decisions of what to do next.

Later on the leaders of the CIS all go to Mustafar in hiding, the war continues to drag on for a few more years seeing that Anakin was never sent to Mustafar by Palpatine to kill the CIS leaders. At this point, Anakin reached his full potential and has become the most powerful jedi in the galaxy with his son right behind him though not quite there yet. Leia however, decides to quit and go into a more political role following her mother in politics. Eventually, the jedi and Republic find out where the CIS leaders are hiding and they send a large fleet to the planet to ensure that they don't escape.

After a long and brutal battle, the CIS are apprehended by Republic forces and taken to Courscant to stand trial where they are all found guilty and sentenced to executions for crimes committed against the Republic. Luke now has achieved the same level of potential as Anakin, and the jedi order thrives until the sith come around again and a new threat emerges.

By removed from the equation, I mean that the trade feds and their buddies start the war on their own and Sidious doesn't take such a hands on role. Or maybe he starts the war but tries to use it to gain more points with the Senate to create an Empire. But I do see events ocurring as you have described, maybe I have read Labryinth of Evil too many times or something. I do need to catch up on some of my Clone Wars novels:rolleyes:

Edited by Aurbere

no he means sidious started the war he planned it way before episode 1 back when he became the dark lord of the sith without him the 20k peace would have keep going since dark jedi were basically burned out and the sith except him were all dead he is the last one considered sith

no he means sidious started the war he planned it way before episode 1 back when he became the dark lord of the sith without him the 20k peace would have keep going since dark jedi were basically burned out and the sith except him were all dead he is the last one considered sith

I'm not very good at getting my point across. I'll start a thread, but my point will be vague so I gotta make up for it later on.

By removed from the equation, I mean that the trade feds and their buddies start the war on their own and Sidious doesn't take such a hands on role. Or maybe he starts the war but tries to use it to gain more points with the Senate to create an Empire. But I do see events ocurring as you have described, maybe I have read Labryinth of Evil too many times or something. I do need to catch up on some of my Clone Wars novels:rolleyes:

If they tried to start the war without him he would most likely blacklist them, sever all ties, and have his Ex Jedi Master turned Sith Lapdog, Dooku to mop up, meaning DECAPTIATION!!!!!...via Lightsaber so they don't squeal. He would then place someone more competent to his plans in charge, likely the second in command or another like minded indivual or group that he considered hiring for the plan, but instead chose the ones he did choose. A good Sith Lord always has a backup plan. Palpatine is no exception.

Edited by CassusVerda

If they tried to start the war without him he would most likely blacklist them, sever all ties, and have his Ex Jedi Master turned Sith Lapdog, Dooku to mop up, meaning DECAPTIATION!!!!!...via Lightsaber so they don't squeal. He would then place someone more competent to his plans in charge, likely the second in command or another like minded indivual or group that he considered hiring for the plan, but instead chose the ones he did choose. A good Sith Lord always has a backup plan. Palpatine is no exception.

True. Palps probably wouldn't let things happen on their own. This is all speculation of course. My dad actually asked me what would happen so I wanted to get some input from people more learned than I am.

Edited by Aurbere

I think the OP meant that even tho Sidious was the reason for TCW, who woulda won without him anyway?

The answer: The Republic probably, eventually. The Galactic Senate would simply have to get over its stagnant indecisiveness first.

Yes. This is the point I was trying to get across. As I said, I am not good at getting my point across because I type these things out on a whim. Like right now. :D

I get the feeling that the CIS leaders wouldn't of had the backbone without Sidious (and by extension Dooku) prodding them into action. The Naboo Blockade would never have started and so TCW wouldn't have either.

If TCW started with Sidious, and then he disappeared/died then a new Supreme Chancellor would have been elected (maybe Bail Organa) and Dooku would take the reins. However, without Sidious to spur both sides into war, a peace treaty could have been negotiated (the cartoon showed some ongoing diplomacy) and both sides would have had their own segments of the Galaxy.

If they kept at it in the war, the Republic probably would have won eventually.

I get the feeling that the CIS leaders wouldn't of had the backbone without Sidious (and by extension Dooku) prodding them into action. The Naboo Blockade would never have started and so TCW wouldn't have either.

If TCW started with Sidious, and then he disappeared/died then a new Supreme Chancellor would have been elected (maybe Bail Organa) and Dooku would take the reins. However, without Sidious to spur both sides into war, a peace treaty could have been negotiated (the cartoon showed some ongoing diplomacy) and both sides would have had their own segments of the Galaxy.

If they kept at it in the war, the Republic probably would have won eventually.

Ah,yes. I forgot about that episode with the sep council. If anybody could make a peace traty it would be Bail. But I don't see Grievous letting Dooku sign a treaty.

The Republic also had better tech/mech. The clones were vastly superior to their droid opponents.

I get the feeling that Sidious might have delivered a majority of the seps victories to them. If I were in Sidious' position I would have let the war go while I manipulate the Republic to make it ready to become an Empire. So that when the Republic wins, the clones can still wipe out the Jedi and my takeover could be just as clean.

I think the Republic, primarily because Palpatine would of been feeding the CIS intel of the Republic's movements. Without this great advantage, I do not think that they would of been as formidable. The thing is, Palps was playing both sides of the chess board, and while not everything went according to plan he was able to compensate. Without his insight and puppetry the war wouldn't of lasted nearly as long.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! LOL! I meant that Grievous would probably continue the war with his resources if Dooku made peace.

Dooku wouldn't let Grievous get that far. If the Good General didn't play things Dooku's way, he'd fix Grievous. He'd have all the droids on his ship label him a target just like he did Asajj Ventress, and he'd be on the run. Yea he most likely would escape, but he wouldn't have anything to command. That's the thing about Droid Armies...they are not very loyal...except to the one controlling them with a master control.

Dooku wouldn't let Grievous get that far. If the Good General didn't play things Dooku's way, he'd fix Grievous. He'd have all the droids on his ship label him a target just like he did Asajj Ventress, and he'd be on the run. Yea he most likely would escape, but he wouldn't have anything to command. That's the thing about Droid Armies...they are not very loyal...except to the one controlling them with a master control.

Poor Grievous :( He just can't catch a break.