Strike on the capital ships: Double edged sword?

DEATHICIDE

"Due to a strike organized by the Capital Ship Defense Operators, the Capital Ships in Galactic Starfighter’s Team Deathmatch mode will no longer fire at opposing players."

This will axe the non-contributors, it will stop newbies from flying into certain death, and will stop victory camping, but won't this also be opening the gates for spawn camping?

Let's hope the operators are striking for a new system, and not higher pay.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Due to a strike organized by the Capital Ship Defense Operators, the Capital Ships in Galactic Starfighter’s Team Deathmatch mode will no longer fire at opposing players."

This will axe the non-contributors, it will stop newbies from flying into certain death, and will stop victory camping, but won't this also be opening the gates for spawn camping?

If you're being spawn campedm, you're already losing the match. Prologing it achieves nothing and opens up ways to blatantly abuse the cap ships as we've seen happen on a regular basis.

Time to go out and actually fight with those gunships scrubs. Cannot wait.

I just wanted to add that a third spawn point has also been added for each team in Team Deathmatch mode.

Personally I think spawning in an exhaustion zone with 10-15 seconds (or so) of exhaustion zone immunity would do it.

But I appreciate the attempt at reducing the amount of chickens who are getting the NPCs to fight FOR them.

This move does seem to favor premades. Did you guys take into account pugs in your decision on this?

Sir, every game, in all of history, and in all of the future, will favor premades. Working together is what made humanity the best invasive species on the planet. Don't fight your instincts, play nice with others.

Sir, every game, in all of history, and in all of the future, will favor premades. Working together is what made humanity the best invasive species on the planet. Don't fight your instincts, play nice with others.

You assume to much my good man. I could care less about you being a premade. I moslty pug cause its all i have time for to be honest. And lets be honest there is a VAST gap between pugs and premades. And if everything done for gsf just over favors premade team. I can promis you this gsf will always stay the giant meh that the majority population thinks of it. And that sucks thinking about it.

Maybe you guys(and bioware it seems) don't want to believe people would walk into a wall of gunships and use the other spawns. But i see it almost daily now.....

Edited by Applejacxs

You assume to much my good man. I could care less about you being a premade. I moslty pug cause its all i have time for to be honest. And lets be honest there is a VAST gap between pugs and premades. And if everything done for gsf just over favors premade team. I can promis you this gsf will always stay the giant meh that the majority population thinks of it. And that sucks thinking about it.

Maybe you guys(and bioware it seems) don't want to believe people would walk into a wall of gunships and use the other spawns. But i see it almost daily now.....

My apologies, I don't mean to say that these policies don't make it harder on the losing team, they do. I'm just a bit perturbed by the community here treating pre-mades like they haven't been around for millennia.

Also, all this policy seems to do is favor the winning team. This is going to be a premade most of the time, but it's you folk who are saying premades will always win. That's bad for morale and probably a decent reason why pugs don't do as well as premades.

(Also, most of the time, I solo que, on the side of my server with the worse players, but I've yet to be personally camped because... well there are already two spawns, yes? [also, a starting barrel roll does wonders for breaking walls])

Edited by Nocher

Personally I think spawning in an exhaustion zone with 10-15 seconds (or so) of exhaustion zone immunity would do it.

But I appreciate the attempt at reducing the amount of chickens who are getting the NPCs to fight FOR them.

This. I don't remember where I first heard it, but I've been supporting this idea as well.

It would prevent spawn camping while also preventing people from hiding behind their capship.

Not gonna claim I was the first to say it, but I've been endorsing something of this sort for... a while now.

I will exit every battle that is the only way to avoid being spawncamped with these changes iets already possible as a bomber to drop a hyperspace beacon on the enemy capital ships. This change only favours premade teams to farm pugplayers. Who will lose intrest in playing and will stop playing starfighter. Meaning longer q's for us all

I will exit every battle that is the only way to avoid being spawncamped with these changes iets already possible as a bomber to drop a hyperspace beacon on the enemy capital ships. This change only favours premade teams to farm pugplayers. Who will lose intrest in playing and will stop playing starfighter. Meaning longer q's for us all

Good. Maybe if people like you exit he battle, it will be backfilled by actual pilots and not capital ship huggers.

Very mature response starting personal attacks to people who raise a issue with a not well thought out change that will be gamebreacking.

Seeing that ik mostly in the top three of every match that i play no matter what ship i fly think i know what i am talking about.

With the minelayer i can drop a hyperspace beacon behind the enemy capital ship let a dronecarrier and a gunship spawn you be able to spawncamp a match and win without reality effort.so no piloting skills needed. This is already possible without the change. Because only the front turrets work on the republic capital ships work and you can behind the. Ships where the front turrets cant shoot at you.

Please i would like you to discuss this subject with facts and not personal attacks like so many of the forumtrolls.

So many are afraid of spawn camping. But have you ever seen a team camping at both spawn points?

I never have. But then again i don't think there are many premades on the red eclipse who could do that.

Furthermore I doubt most of the gsf players have realized you can switch spawn points.

Anyway I appreciate the change.

I am concerned for this. 3 spawn points will make it harder to lock a team totally down but I could definitly see matches where bombers get into cap ship area drop off full load of mines and people die before they even move. Yeah your going to loose match if your at that point anyway but it would be frustrating.

I like the idea of a 10 second or so immunity once spawned it would at least give you chance to hit thrusters and get back in fight. Everyone claims to want more dogfighting so give people a chance to spawn at least to dog fight instead of letting them spawn into minefieds.

I'd just like to inform everyone that although the Republic operators may be on strike, the Imperial operators will not be firing because "they failed for the last time."

We are currently in the midst of training replacements.

I preface my comments with the statement that I am, in fact, the Galaxy's Worst Gunship Pilot and therefore never even fly the damned things - let alone know how to use terrain to my advantage like the better ones do.

First and foremost, terrain modifiers have been used in the art of war since the first tribal leader figured out sneak attacks were a lot better against well-entrenched foes than charging at 'em in broad daylight across an open plain. The gunship pilots in question were doing nothing wrong. Matter of fact, the ones that were actually getting bonafide kills were doing something I consider to be more difficult than standard TDM. (It takes skill, patience and battlefield awareness to get kills if all you're doing is running like a blasted chicken, but damned if Rainous doesn't manage!)

Secondly, the concept's ludicrous on its face. Capital ship turret operators... on STRIKE?! You can't STRIKE in the f*&^ing military! Are they Pandaren too? I mean, if we're gonna get THIS silly, let's go all-out.

Finally, spawn-camping. It's gonna happen and it's gonna be bad if proper measures haven't been preemptively taken. I imagine that's why BioWare had the turrets in the first place - because, at some point, they had an issue with PvP spawn camping.

Bottom line? I don't think it's a change that ultimately benefits the playmode. Good squads had little difficulty beating victory campers - matter of fact, I flew with a random pick-up Imperial squad on Ebon Hawk just yesterday that utterly ANNIHILATED a group of victory-camping voice-enabled Pubs. That victory felt especially good - but now the challenge is gone.

Don't dumb down GSF for the sake of a few whiny, non-talented pilots who don't understand how to rise to a challenge. (And don't bother flaming me for the opinion, pilots - I'm married and used to far, far worse.)

Very mature response starting personal attacks to people who raise a issue with a not well thought out change that will be gamebreacking.

Seeing that ik mostly in the top three of every match that i play no matter what ship i fly think i know what i am talking about.

With the minelayer i can drop a hyperspace beacon behind the enemy capital ship let a dronecarrier and a gunship spawn you be able to spawncamp a match and win without reality effort.so no piloting skills needed. This is already possible without the change. Because only the front turrets work on the republic capital ships work and you can behind the. Ships where the front turrets cant shoot at you.

Please i would like you to discuss this subject with facts and not personal attacks like so many of the forumtrolls.

I am wondering if you know that you can click the yellow diamonds on the map before you spawn so you can CHANGE your spawn location. Now there are 3 different locations to chose from. You will NEVER be spawn camped again my friend!