Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request to Change Project and Throw, with suggestions and examples…

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Request to Change Project and Throw, with suggestions and examples…

lastchaplain
12.16.2011 , 01:22 AM | #11
I actually love Project, I think changing Shock's animation would be better than changing Project. As for the animations, I havent had inappropriately themed objects pulled out of the ground often enough to be noticeable. They always seem fine to me. And these things can always be refined.

However, I feel that Telekinetic Throw could use some love. Its animation is rather lackluster. Rather than pebbles, I think something along the lines of throwing multiple objects smaller than project at the enemy instead of pebbles at intervals that run in line with the ticks of damage. It'd be a sort of rapid fire Project.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.

jegidius
12.16.2011 , 01:50 AM | #12
I love the project animation and I would be sad if they removed our ability to throw big pieces of junk at evil agents of the empire.

But I also agree with the OP. More 'pure' force moves seems thematically more correct. The ideas someone had on the boards before the wipe of making project into something more shock-like (force punch if you will) and using the project animation to tear up multiple pieces of junk to throw at people for the channeled Throw would look awesome. Or maybe it would be over the top.

As it stands now I'm more annoyed by the delay of project than anything else, but I do support more 'pure force' animations for the consular.
Ru'rik - Jedi Shadow tank of
Violent by Design | The Red Eclipse | EU | PVE

Dreggzender
12.16.2011 , 04:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jegidius View Post
I love the project animation and I would be sad if they removed our ability to throw big pieces of junk at evil agents of the empire.

But I also agree with the OP. More 'pure' force moves seems thematically more correct. The ideas someone had on the boards before the wipe of making project into something more shock-like (force punch if you will) and using the project animation to tear up multiple pieces of junk to throw at people for the channeled Throw would look awesome. Or maybe it would be over the top.

As it stands now I'm more annoyed by the delay of project than anything else, but I do support more 'pure force' animations for the consular.
Not sure how I feel about "force punch", I mean it would work and is probably pretty simple and easy to implement, but the idea just feels kind of odd to me, I'm not sure why. However it did give me an idea. If you took project and made it a higher level long range sage ability like people said...

and make the new Shock equivalent like a force-pull-the-rug-out-from-under-a-bad-guy kind of move. Where you wave your hand the enemy does a quick little half-flip and hit the ground. And the time it takes them to fall and get back up counts as the stun part of the move, or something like that.

If a strong or elite resist the stun effect then they don't fall over in the first place, there's just the force "ripple" that spawns normally around the enemies legs and they take damage. Like they still were injured resisting the effects of the telekinetic attack.
(███████████████████}|█[Ξ()SNARK[]Ξ█|{████████████████████)

Dyvim
12.16.2011 , 05:26 PM | #14
Assuming you could get Project animation to be environment correct (no rocks out of spaceships), then I would be ok with that being used for some other high level skill. But NOT the classes basic, bread and butter, skill. And Throw just has to go...besides it doesnt make sense that you can throw something, or accelerate pebbles fast enough to do damage, but they stop after 10 meters? No.

Force kinetic effects would make more sense with that initial 10 m range for consulars and shadows, though. Its just more reasonable. And it would look better.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

Freels
12.16.2011 , 05:34 PM | #15
NOPE

If you want to play a caster without the pebbles, roll sith mates.
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other ******* die for his.” -Gen. Patton

Dyvim
12.16.2011 , 06:26 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Freels View Post
NOPE

If you want to play a caster without the pebbles, roll sith mates.
YES

I do have a sorcerer...and played one through 6 beta builds, as well as a sage. It just makes the poor consular animations stand out even more. And its not just when my own toon uses them. You have to see the craptasms every time there is a consular, shadow/sage in your grp. Which is about every time.

So pretending they dont exist doesnt work.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

Avellana
12.16.2011 , 06:37 PM | #17
I don't mind the animations.....
CE ⋐█i¯i▀▀▀▀i¯i‾δ█⋑▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)VIP
Master Yuyi Jedi Sage ~ DeviantArt ~

KinKyder
12.16.2011 , 08:17 PM | #18
I agree with the OP 100%. Its funny actually, he explained what I always imagined perfectly. I would LOVE to see this implemented and I would even love a dev response regarding this since so many people seem to be for it.

Edit: I will say, however, that I do not mind the current animations, but I'd definitely love to see the change some time in the near future. (Hopefully)
RIP .

kevshootit
12.16.2011 , 10:12 PM | #19
I dont think anyone is saying "get RID" of rock throwing/pebble tossing,

just give consulars, especially shadows, MORE options

I really don't like the current project/throw animations, id love another option for an ability that serves as my staple force range attacks, the way the game seems to be set up now, shadows really HAVE to cast either project or throw a LOT to be viable in ANY build.

sages seem to get more choices, many of their proc buffs will benefit MULTIPLE ranged attacks, verses many of the shadow buffs which ONLY buff either project or throw.

all the OP is asking for is switching animations, put the cooler force attacks LOWER/EARLIER in the consular arsenal and put the rock throwing animations higher up in specific trees so that people who love those animations can still have them

Dagonasti
12.17.2011 , 03:42 AM | #20
i'm with op, here.
It just looks silly to pull a million droids out of the ground.