Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dual Spec: Let's Talk about it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Dual Spec: Let's Talk about it.

Kashaan's Avatar


Kashaan
01.10.2012 , 12:29 AM | #11
1) Dual spec is coming, so there's no speculation on whether it will be in the game.


Pros:

-Easier to switch between soloing and grouping
-Easier to fill roles missing in a group or raid
-Flexibility during raids
-Gives developers the opportunity to make more dynamic raid content

Cons:

-None


Any subjective "cons" only apply to the ability to respec at all. Those that disagree with dual specing don't realize that it's not dual specing they disagree with. It's the ability to respec that they don't like... since that where all their arguments end up. But because respec is already in the game, and they are fans of the game, they try to rationalize it.
Pro-Addon, but also Pro-regulation. Working to keep addons that do more harm than good out of the game.

Moricthian's Avatar


Moricthian
01.10.2012 , 12:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitewolfe View Post
I say NO to dual spec! and keep respec cost high!
I do not want to have to face guild pressure to have a heal/tank spec!
No dont tell me roll a gunslinger i have a very viable dps commando!
What starts out as optional soon becomes demanded. Rift is prime example. What sounded great with a flexible soul system became you WILL carry a spec for all possible roles or you wont raid!
Get a better guild.

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.10.2012 , 01:08 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kashaan View Post
1) Dual spec is coming, so there's no speculation on whether it will be in the game.


Pros:

-Easier to switch between soloing and grouping
-Easier to fill roles missing in a group or raid
-Flexibility during raids
-Gives developers the opportunity to make more dynamic raid content

Cons:

-None

That I agree with or acknowlege at the current time.

I just wanted to fix that for you.. There are a lot of cons.. You just seem to ignore them and pretend they aren't there..

Dual speccing contradicts the entire premise of having a spec at all.. How about we have no spec and everyone can just do everything.. That is what you are advocating.. How can you see any pro's in that??

Dual speccing does not give the developers the ability or make more dynamic raid content.. That is simply wrong.. If anything dual speccing will limit what the developers can do.. It will create an over abundance of specialized characters.. Any group can either have 6 healers or 6 tanks at the press of a button.. Without it, people will simply bring what they need.. Not a bunch of people that can switch back and forth..

There is no need to switch between soloing and grouping.. Totally needless.. With companions, people can level as either a tank or a healer and not be handicapped by doing so..

Easier?? There is the operative word?? Ever thought of filling those holes with companions?? Bioware did.. Why didn't you?? Can't get much easier than just summoning a different companion..

Flexibility during raids?? That isn't flexibility.. That is easy mode!! You have to have the cookie cutter group for each boss don't you?? Right amount of tanks and healers solves everything don't it.. Is there a reason you are not advocating the challenge of doing it with the group you have??

Just admit it.. You want easy mode.. Easy mode will ruin this game.. See WOW that has lost about 2 million players in just over a year.. See what easy mode does?? Now people are one shotting the latest raids the first week they are released.. See patch 4.3.. Yes.. Dual speccing helped in this..

Players could no longer play as a team.. Nobody was good with their toons.. People had to tell healers how to heal or tanks how to tank.. A typical BC 25 man raid needed 4-6 tanks in it.. Typical WOTLK raid?? Only needed 2 tanks.. Healers didn't change all that much.. But everyone wanted a tank and spank.. Easy mode.. So blizz gave it to them..

There is no viable or logical reason to have dual speccing.. That is simply fact.. Whether you choose to accept it or acknowlege it is irrelevent..

Quote: Originally Posted by Kashaan View Post
Any subjective "cons" only apply to the ability to respec at all. Those that disagree with dual specing don't realize that it's not dual specing they disagree with. It's the ability to respec that they don't like... since that where all their arguments end up. But because respec is already in the game, and they are fans of the game, they try to rationalize it.
Dude!! Do you read these forums at all or just make stuff up as you go along?? Nobody is against the current system as it is now.. Everyone, including me would like the ability to reset my talent trees.. How else are we going to learn all the greatest specs for each class?? But that isn't dual speccing now is it?? You are just blowing smoke.. That is all there is to it.. There is simply nothing to what you are saying..

There is a difference between dual speccing and what most people are against.. And resetting your talent tree which is currently in the game.. I can't help you fail to see the difference between the two.. There is nothing to rationalize.. If you really think that what is in the game now is dual speccing.. Then why on earth do you post as an advocate for dual speccing in these forums?? Since we already have it according to you..

Hear that everyone!! Problem is solved!! Dual speccing is already in the game.. How about you rationalize that??

So much for your pros and cons eh?? Do they apply to the current system as well?? It is after all dual speccing according you..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Heranden's Avatar


Heranden
01.10.2012 , 01:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
There is no need to switch between soloing and grouping.. Totally needless.. With companions, people can level as either a tank or a healer and not be handicapped by doing so..
Spoken like someone who has never played a tank or healer. Yes leveling as dps is easy.

Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Just admit it.. You want easy mode.. Easy mode will ruin this game.. See WOW that has lost about 2 million players in just over a year.. See what easy mode does?? Now people are one shotting the latest raids the first week they are released.. See patch 4.3.. Yes.. Dual speccing helped in this..
The amount of wrong here is staggering.

Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Players could no longer play as a team.. Nobody was good with their toons.. People had to tell healers how to heal or tanks how to tank.. A typical BC 25 man raid needed 4-6 tanks in it.. Typical WOTLK raid?? Only needed 2 tanks.. Healers didn't change all that much.. But everyone wanted a tank and spank.. Easy mode.. So blizz gave it to them..
They figured out no one wanted to play those classes. They also figured out they had to do something for the ones that did play those classes or they would lose more.

Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
There is no viable or logical reason to have dual speccing.. That is simply fact.. Whether you choose to accept it or acknowlege it is irrelevent..
I think you are confusing fact with opinion. We have given reason upon reason. Those of us that have chosen the tank/heal role so you can pew pew while afk would like to enjoy leveling.

Kashaan's Avatar


Kashaan
01.10.2012 , 01:23 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
I just wanted to fix that for you.. There are a lot of cons.. You just seem to ignore them and pretend they aren't there..
This is a false statement.


Quote:
Dual speccing contradicts the entire premise of having a spec at all.. How about we have no spec and everyone can just do everything.. That is what you are advocating.. How can you see any pro's in that??
Nope, RESPECING contradicts the entire premise of having a spec, by your logic (anyone can be any role... which is still false because each class only has two main roles). Don't straw-man, and don't put words into my mouth that I didn't say. One "con" debunked.


Quote:
Dual speccing does not give the developers the ability or make more dynamic raid content.. That is simply wrong.. If anything dual speccing will limit what the developers can do.. It will create an over abundance of specialized characters.. Any group can either have 6 healers or 6 tanks at the press of a button.. Without it, people will simply bring what they need.. Not a bunch of people that can switch back and forth..
Yes, it does. They can design Operations that are optimal with different setups, without forcing people to take a break and go respec.


Quote:
There is no need to switch between soloing and grouping.. Totally needless.. With companions, people can level as either a tank or a healer and not be handicapped by doing so..
This is a subjective opinion, and moot to boot. You already have respec, so people can switch already, thus voiding your argument. Also, it is objectively negative. If you force people to stay in one role always, then they cannot make use of all their companions.


Quote:
Easier?? There is the operative word?? Ever thought of filling those holes with companions?? Bioware did.. Why didn't you?? Can't get much easier than just summoning a different companion..
Can't use companions in a party.


Quote:
Flexibility during raids?? That isn't flexibility.. That is easy mode!! You have to have the cookie cutter group for each boss don't you?? Right amount of tanks and healers solves everything don't it.. Is there a reason you are not advocating the challenge of doing it with the group you have??
Once again, subjective opinion. You obviously don't care if your group is optimal for content. Those of us who do nightmare modes do. Good thing that you don't have to use Dual spec if you don't want to.


Quote:
Just admit it.. You want easy mode.. Easy mode will ruin this game.. See WOW that has lost about 2 million players in just over a year.. See what easy mode does?? Now people are one shotting the latest raids the first week they are released.. See patch 4.3.. Yes.. Dual speccing helped in this..
Dual spec has nothing to do with content being easy. One is not related to the other.


Once again, all your arguments apply to the ability to respec at all... not dual spec. All your "healers can't heal, tanks can't tank" bull is from the ability to respec. So if you're going to argue anything, argue to have respecing removed from the game.

Being that Respecing is in the game, there is no valid argument against Dual spec.
Pro-Addon, but also Pro-regulation. Working to keep addons that do more harm than good out of the game.

raptors's Avatar


raptors
01.10.2012 , 01:26 AM | #16
its simple choice you dont like it dont use it. dual spec is a good option when guilds who dont have the needed amount of tanks or healers OR dps 1 of the 2 healers can go dps and the guild does not suffer or friends. people cry about this but dual spec does not hurt the game just makes it easier to fill in the harder roles without breaking people bank who switch very often. dual spec = better game experience

raptors's Avatar


raptors
01.10.2012 , 01:27 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
So?? Is it safe to assume that you do not have a logical and viable reason for dual speccing.. I mean, that is what your lack of response seems to suggest.. Seems to me you are the one crying.. He made his points.. Where is yours??
stop trying to "forum fight" get over it...


dual spec is comming

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
01.10.2012 , 01:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Heranden View Post
Spoken like someone who has never played a tank or healer. Yes leveling as dps is easy..
Let me know when you have played something other than WOW.. I have been playing this game since July.. I was in the beta.. I have leveled all classes.. They are all viable with your companions..

My wife is currently leveling both a trooper healer and a Sage healer.. She has no problems killing stuff.. In fact the trooper healer gets some very nice AOE skills..

This game does not have the same handicapps that WOW had.. It simply doesn't.. You can level as a tank and healer.. It is just as easy and fun as it is for a DPS.. You should try it..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

Moricthian's Avatar


Moricthian
01.10.2012 , 01:28 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by raptors View Post
its simple choice you dont like it dont use it. dual spec is a good option when guilds who dont have the needed amount of tanks or healers OR dps 1 of the 2 healers can go dps and the guild does not suffer or friends. people cry about this but dual spec does not hurt the game just makes it easier to fill in the harder roles without breaking people bank who switch very often. dual spec = better game experience
This. Stop trying to limit people's choices because you're an elitist who feels like your way is the only way to play the game. You think having duel specs ruins the point of having a spec. So what? don't use it. I don't like pickles but I don't try to yank them off everyone's burger.

Jasbecc's Avatar


Jasbecc
01.10.2012 , 01:29 AM | #20
I am so sick of the it wont fit with lore garbage for dual spec. I am not saying you should be able to change your major class, (because it has it's own story for that char you picked) but talent trees should have dual spec. If you say that doesn't fit story... well neither does DYING in HUTT BALL then being magically brought back to life to die again and again. Neither does falling 400 ft to your death and spawning at the nearest rez point. Some things are added in games to just make the flow better. If they didn't add these things then you would have to create a new toon upon every death. Dual spec would give the people that like to maybe DPS or PVP during the off week but heal during raids the chance to do that without having to farm credits.