Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request to Change Project and Throw, with suggestions and examples…

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Request to Change Project and Throw, with suggestions and examples…

MirrimFaranth
05.13.2012 , 03:42 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Vales View Post
There are probably equally many people who like the animation and want it to stay at best sped up to minimize the difference to Shock.
Yes your opinion is just as much worth as those who like the animation. And yes when I see people make out a big fuss over something which has on the big scale PvP only a very minor influence overall I will stay in the thread and will point out the flaws in the argumentation.
And please, the forums were never representative to anything. They are most of the time a cesspool of whining and should be ignored by any professional company.

Let it make me clear I do PvP almost exclusively as a Sage and I also have a Sorcerer at level 22 and the main difference is that I see 150+ people in leveling areas while we have parely a quarter of that on Republic Fleet.
In other words, the main problem I have on my Sage there are too few people PvPing, few to no premade on our side while Imperials have the luxury to run premades 24/7 and are on avarage also better geared.

If anything needs to be adressed with top priority in PvP, since the differnce is of absolute NO consequence in Ops, Flashpoints, Leveling and Grinding they need to adress server population imbalances first.
So in other words you just want to argue and be a pain. OK. But consider this...having a second or so less to fire a proc in addition to the damage delay, is a big deal to me. Why do I have a second less to use particle acceleration, or force potency. I see you just keep skipping over that...to ignore it is very stupid of you. And virtually no one likes pebblestorm...and no one serious about jedi "look and feel" likes junk throwing as the hallmark of the class. I see people say they like it because it reminds them of some super hero game...not of jedi in star wars.

Also, consider this...I agree about the faction imbalance. I refuse to play my 50 sage anymore and prefer my Sin to my Shadow...for the very reason that the look and feel of the jedi consulars is junk. I hate the pebbles, rocks, and junk. And I am not the only one. Not by a long shot. It is a joke. There is a reason there is such a huge faction imbalance in this game, and for me it starts with jedi being a junk throwing joke. And on top of that the junk throwing gimps the class with disadvantages that the other side of the mirror simply doesnt have...

What is really frustrating is that sith companions...friggin companions...have better animations to use then jedi players do...someone should get axed for this crap. Seriously.
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." ― Darth Traya

Vales
05.14.2012 , 12:21 AM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by MirrimFaranth View Post
So in other words you just want to argue and be a pain. OK. But consider this...having a second or so less to fire a proc in addition to the damage delay, is a big deal to me. Why do I have a second less to use particle acceleration, or force potency. I see you just keep skipping over that...to ignore it is very stupid of you. And virtually no one likes pebblestorm...and no one serious about jedi "look and feel" likes junk throwing as the hallmark of the class. I see people say they like it because it reminds them of some super hero game...not of jedi in star wars.

Also, consider this...I agree about the faction imbalance. I refuse to play my 50 sage anymore and prefer my Sin to my Shadow...for the very reason that the look and feel of the jedi consulars is junk. I hate the pebbles, rocks, and junk. And I am not the only one. Not by a long shot. It is a joke. There is a reason there is such a huge faction imbalance in this game, and for me it starts with jedi being a junk throwing joke. And on top of that the junk throwing gimps the class with disadvantages that the other side of the mirror simply doesnt have...

What is really frustrating is that sith companions...friggin companions...have better animations to use then jedi players do...someone should get axed for this crap. Seriously.
I could say the same about you and your peers. Especially when I read this:
Quote:
Something like that hurts my brain because it is so absolutely irrelevant and again purely subjective. I like my companions a lot all of them in any shape or form which of course proves nothing just mentioned it to show that it is a again a matter of pure personal preference and neither BW nor any other company can make everyone happy with everything. Tastes differ far too much for that.

It does not matter if it is a "big" problem for you. What counts is how much it affects PvP in a big group environment and you can be mad about it all you want but in the big picture the difference is and will always be neglegible.

If you had to give 1-100 points to each class and you give Sorc 100 then Sage is at 99.9. Yes the difference is that small regardless how much you exaggerate and how many anecdotal evidence you bring up and anecdotal evidence means absolutely nothing.
And I am sure aside from the population imbalances which are the biggest problem right now on an even server with a balanced population it the win/loss ratio would be nearly 50/50 overall.

Fine you enjoy your Sorc more what does that prove? Nothing. You know why?
I started my Sorc and Sage nearly same time and guess what? Sorc is 20 and Sage 50. All that purple lightning got boring so fast for me it isn't even funny anymore. I of course play him from time to time to advance a bit in the story and he might hit 21 in a few weeks.
So what now? Who is "right" in this case?
This game needs more Kel Dor!

MirrimFaranth
05.14.2012 , 03:03 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Vales View Post
I could say the same about you and your peers. Especially when I read this:

Something like that hurts my brain because it is so absolutely irrelevant and again purely subjective. I like my companions a lot all of them in any shape or form which of course proves nothing just mentioned it to show that it is a again a matter of pure personal preference and neither BW nor any other company can make everyone happy with everything. Tastes differ far too much for that.

It does not matter if it is a "big" problem for you. What counts is how much it affects PvP in a big group environment and you can be mad about it all you want but in the big picture the difference is and will always be neglegible.

If you had to give 1-100 points to each class and you give Sorc 100 then Sage is at 99.9. Yes the difference is that small regardless how much you exaggerate and how many anecdotal evidence you bring up and anecdotal evidence means absolutely nothing.
And I am sure aside from the population imbalances which are the biggest problem right now on an even server with a balanced population it the win/loss ratio would be nearly 50/50 overall.

Fine you enjoy your Sorc more what does that prove? Nothing. You know why?
I started my Sorc and Sage nearly same time and guess what? Sorc is 20 and Sage 50. All that purple lightning got boring so fast for me it isn't even funny anymore. I of course play him from time to time to advance a bit in the story and he might hit 21 in a few weeks.
So what now? Who is "right" in this case?
Who? Anyone who can view six movies and use their fingers and toes to count out that if anyone is a junk thrower, it isnt jedi. This involves simple observation, math and counting skills. It really is that simple. Haven't you said you would be ok with an animatiom change and a delay removal? What makes my brain hurt is someone that will argue over nothing, and keep on arguing, post after post, when he isnt opposed to the underlying change that needs to happen...what makes my brain hurt is the stupidity of a jedi class based on junk throwing. Poorly conceived, delay ridden, environmentally wrong, junk throwing. Tastes differ but basic facts do not. Right now the jedi class skillset is based off of a skill used by sith much much more than jedi. As pointed out by the OP, there are at least two sith companions with animations that would be very good replacements for junk chunking. I haven't seen both of them in the game, but I have seen Ashara Zavros' and I like it.

You mentioned faction imbalance. It is something that really bothers me as well. As a former galaxies player, where essentially the same classes and the same factions existed, based off the same IP, that game never, ever saw the kind of faction imbalance this game has...why do you think that is? I know I have talked to a number of people who refuse to play consular because of the outfits and the ridiculous animations. And the numbers showing that imbalance dont lie...Now is too much lightning a problem for some people? Yep, I have seen that too, but there are no shortage of Sith players. Perhaps introducing alternate animations through the legacy system for some of the major, hallmark skills of the classes, like lightning and junk throwing, might be an approach to make more people happy. Give people animation alternatives. You make most people happy by giving them choice. But first you have to sync up the mirrors and get rid of the @#$% delay, which is much more easily done by replacing junk chunking.

The animation needs to change and the delay need to go. Again, it is that simple. The delay buggers up too many things...the damage/interrupts, the procs, the reaction time given to your enemy. The procs alone are a big big deal, which again you just keep ignoring...quite silly of you. Project is the "big hit" skill for shadows...or one of them...and it is also impacted by several talents for some sage builds. It is an integral skill.

Why don't you take some of the energy you put into needless banter and use it to promote positive change for the game. Present your own ideas.
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." ― Darth Traya

laughingbuddha
05.18.2012 , 01:30 AM | #494
Lots of tl;dr here, so someone may have already said this, but, the Concular equivilant of crushing darkness might be a candidate for the thrown objects animation. Project definitely needs to change to something instant, at any rate. Throwing objects witth the dot might be kind of cool, similar to how some of the movie fight scenes went down, where Sith were fighting with their sabers at the same time objects continued to fly without any specific gestures or hand motions from them. Dooku did it. I'm trying to remember whether Vader did, or not. On that note, maybe it should replace Crushing Darkness and become a Sith ability. lol. You can be sure Bioware will keep that animation in the game somewhere not matter what. They had too much fun designing it. And besides...throwing **** is cool.....just not as a mirror ability to shock.

Sireene
05.23.2012 , 01:16 PM | #495
Hey there!

After careful consideration we're going to go ahead and re-open this thread. Please note that this thread is to discuss suggestions and share ideas as to how you'd like the Project and Throw animations to change. For those who wish to discuss the latest Project news, as well as speculation as to what it will be, please feel free to join in here:

Project is getting fixed!!!!!

Thanks and may the Force be with you!

SvnStrSlm
05.24.2012 , 12:16 PM | #496
Well since this issue is being addressed here are my thoughts.
Either it will be both delayed or both instant. I personaly like the current project but would perfer it to be more instant. id rather just see a chunk/ droid part launch directly from the ground to the target. it does not need to float in the air. if the change shock i would like to see lightning riple around the inq while they glow to make it obvious as our project.

As for TK throw. i think a pulsing force wave would be cool. Im sorry but getting critted for 2k from pebbles is effing silly.

Also our knock back isnt right. I think a more instant effect ahould be in place and we shouldnt be jumping likewe are tossing a temper tantrum. I think if the model stood straight up and threw their hands out to the side seems more dignified for a jedi.

Dyvim
05.25.2012 , 11:02 PM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
Well since this issue is being addressed here are my thoughts.
Either it will be both delayed or both instant. I personaly like the current project but would perfer it to be more instant. id rather just see a chunk/ droid part launch directly from the ground to the target. it does not need to float in the air. if the change shock i would like to see lightning riple around the inq while they glow to make it obvious as our project.

As for TK throw. i think a pulsing force wave would be cool. Im sorry but getting critted for 2k from pebbles is effing silly.

Also our knock back isnt right. I think a more instant effect ahould be in place and we shouldnt be jumping likewe are tossing a temper tantrum. I think if the model stood straight up and threw their hands out to the side seems more dignified for a jedi.
Our knock back would be much cooler if it was a simple kneel down and touch the ground...instant...im picturing what jeff bridges did in tron legacy in the club, where he just knelt down and touched the floor...simple, elegant, effective.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...