I thought we was suppose to feel powerful?

Teladis

On my sith warrior Mara, I'm jealous of almost every class. I see people soloing things and being ******. This class is hard...

I mean not in the hard that most people think. My hotbar is full of skills, and the wind blows I take damage. I've tried both specs and it was hell to get to 25 compare to the other classes i've tried in beta.

Now, my only hope is to just get done with chap 1, and work on twinking him out so much that I can destory everything.

I can see why one of the most played classes is the lighting god <.< I see them soloing 3 things at the same time that I can't even solo by myself.

I don't know about high levels, but leveling up with this class does not make me feel like the power house.

Edited by Teladis

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said a sith warrior.. ok which AC did you pick? Where did you spend your skill points?

Carnage right now, Its getting harder and harder. I'm going to have to go the dot build for more defense im sure in the 30s.

My wife on the other hand is a sorc, who rips everything with ease. I out gear her yet, she has a easier time.

Carnage right now, Its getting harder and harder. I'm going to have to go the dot build for more defense im sure in the 30s. My wife on the other hand is a sorc, who rips everything with ease. I out gear her yet, she has a easier time.

Sounds like you're just using the wrong abilities. You should be spanking things.

Sounds like you're just using the wrong abilities. You should be spanking things.

Not really, the lack of CC is the main problem. I'm talking about silver mobs mostly. Some group mobs as well. My wife solos 2 golds :( I can hardly take one.

I'm just going to twink him out I think, out of all the classes i've tried, low level mara is by far the worse.

Not really, the lack of CC is the main problem. I'm talking about silver mobs mostly. Some group mobs as well. My wife solos 2 golds :( I can hardly take one.

Don't expect to solo content that's LABELED group content just because others can.

(Each class gets different tools at different rates, the ranged casters are front loaded because if something gets near them they get spanked.)

Don't expect to solo content that's LABELED group content just because others can.

(Each class gets different tools at different rates, the ranged casters are front loaded because if something gets near them they get spanked.)

I'm not talking really group quest I'm just talking power itself.

My sniper is able to take out groups without trouble.

My sorc could.

My BH can with ease.

I mean all the classes I've tried felt powerful. Mara is the only one that I don't get that feeling. Some class quest have you take silver and gold mobs.

Edited by Teladis

I'm playing a marauder myself at the moment going carnage and I feel like I'm a piece of glass. I'm currently only 19 as I'm taking my time.

I heard from people it gets better later on so I'll wait and see. I do love this class and the option of having tons and tons of abilities at my disposal.

I guess all I can say is keep at it op and hope it gets better and more fun

I'm playing a marauder myself at the moment going carnage and I feel like I'm a piece of glass. I'm currently only 19 as I'm taking my time.

I heard from people it gets better later on so I'll wait and see. I do love this class and the option of having tons and tons of abilities at my disposal.

I guess all I can say is keep at it op and hope it gets better and more fun

It gets worse 30+ unless you get out of carnage. I wish bioware would have listen to the testers on this.

My Sniper was Horrible compared to my Mara. Now I like the play of the Bounty Hunter so it is my main at the time. but my Mara is my second highest and favorite DPS toon.

The toon did seem to fall on its face about the 18-20s seems my rotation,talents,gear was not the correct setup. but once i put more thought into it. it was alot better.

It gets worse 30+ unless you get out of carnage. I wish bioware would have listen to the testers on this.

I saw a high level marauder on youtube taking out a few leet mobs so it can't be all that bad. Not sure what spec she was but she was rocking it. That was beta of course so who knows what happened.

Edited by DWarrior

After having played a Merc BH and a Marauder Warrior.. I can without a doubt say the Merc is superior in almost every way when taking out mobs in PVE.

The Marauder also feels like it is totally useless in PUG PVP. I can see it being a huge asset in organized play when you are getting heals, but since it has to get up close and personal it goes down pretty fast. Maybe this gets better when you have the mini-vanish, but still it feels weak.

I agree with the op, I started as Agent... got to lvl 22 and just decided i didnt like the cover mechanic... so i play BH now, but decided to give Warrior a go b4 i leveled to much as BH... and i have to say i couldnt believe how difficult SW is compared to the others.... from start till now i felt weak... needs a tweak i'd say.

If you have only played SW you may think they are fine... but trust me... play one of the other 3 classes and you will see what people mean.

Funny enough Jedi Knights have a post similar to this... i was say both these melee classes must be abit underpowered.

Edited by Slashi

weak compared to other classes? perhaps, i havent played others far enough to compare

but marauders are absolutely capable, ive yet to encounter a fight i couldnt beat while soloing (29 atm, 34 in a previous beta and its is absolutely better now than it was in the october beta) and from everything ive heard from testers things just get better from 30+

furthermore, the only times, literally, that i have died while leveling (not counting pvp) was twice when i tried to see if i could solo group content

we may not be able to solo as well as other classes, but we certainly are perfectly capable of soloing solo content

if you are having problems then i suggest finding help with your rotation or something

as for pvp ... marauders are beasts, understand what the class is and you can wreck things, what the class is, is a rogue without stealth, kill people on the edges of the battle, target low health enemies with your hardest hitting abilities, then back away and find someone else

marauders are NOT front line wrecking balls (like most people assume because their base class is a "warrior") if you play like one you will get stomped, hard

I'm having the exact same issue as a level 33 Jugg. First I leveled as Vengance, but after 30 levels of seing the HP-bar drop like a fat chick at sea I switched to Immortal to see if it made a difference. I was tired of the DPS-race in order not to die. It somewhat helped a bit, but still I find the whole game play while solo questing, in a defencive stance, rather un-enjoyable, and if i'm unlucky and pull another silver it's close to game over. Even with Quinn out + CD's. --> broken!

So, signed; a very weak class indeed at the moment compared to other classes.

I don't understand how it is fair that I can hardly solo 1 strong mob with two weak mobs where every other class can do it easily.

Bioware really dropped the ball on this class. SW is the worse out of them all

i can do it easily, i dont know why you cant

fix your rotation

4-5 weak = crazy easy

1 strong + 2-3 weak = easy

2 strong = easy

1 elite = easy

1 elite 1 strong = not easy but doable

1 elite 2 strong = not gonna happen (barring extreme luck)

2 elite = not gonna happen

honestly, marauder has no problem killing groups that you actually see while solo questing, you never need to kill 2 elite pulls unless you are going out of your way to do it

regardless of whether or not other classes are better, marauder is perfectly capable of soloing everything you have to solo

I don't understand how it is fair that I can hardly solo 1 strong mob with two weak mobs where every other class can do it easily.

Bioware really dropped the ball on this class. SW is the worse out of them all

Ok right in life everyone is a speical speical snowflake , just like people, classes are different.

This means , that when it comes to pve leveling process that is always unbalanced to some extent, because every class has different ablitys and powers.Im sorry would you like bioware to make everyone have the same stats and skills.

This thread stinks of 2nd gen self entitled scrubbyness.

Edited by reikazen

I'm having the exact same issue as a level 33 Jugg. First I leveled as Vengance, but after 30 levels of seing the HP-bar drop like a fat chick at sea I switched to Immortal to see if it made a difference. I was tired of the DPS-race in order not to die. It somewhat helped a bit, but still I find the whole game play while solo questing, in a defencive stance, rather un-enjoyable, and if i'm unlucky and pull another silver it's close to game over. Even with Quinn out + CD's. --> broken!

So, signed; a very weak class indeed at the moment compared to other classes.

just for the record , a fat chick at sea is more likely to float.