Game breaking bug and error code C11

Thebannana

So I have had recent issues with the game after a patch. So when I thought I fixed the problem another arouse. Not every texture loaded in game and parts of maps where I had to do a class quest and this was right at the entrance. Then I redownloaded it a couple of times and less textures showed up and there are also NPCs that will not show up yet I can still click on them such as enemies. When I tried to leave the world Error Code C11 came up and crashed the game. Then after another redownload It would crash whenever I tried to play a character. I just payed for subscription and I am not going to deal with this bull. Please help me. Edited by Thebannana

It's possible that your hard drive is going bad, causing file corruption. You could try scanning the HDD for errors.

Or, maybe, your graphics card's RAM is going bad, resulting in missing or messed up textures.

Or - http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Error-code-c11/td-p/4886528

Thing is it has never done this before a certain patch when everything was working great. The computer I use was made for gaming so I find it to be the game itself.

There are a couple of problems there - the NPCs not loading sounds like an issue that some people (not a lot, but enough) have reported, with non-interactive NPCs failing to appear in the game world until after you have interacted with something - a NPC conversation, clickable switch, and so on. That has been reported to Bioware as a bug, but as far as I know they have not given a definitive statement regarding the cause, a fix or a workaround.

The second problem, with textures not rendering, can have one of two basic causes that I know of - first, the texture resource itself might be corrupt within your client; second, the texture may not load into memory in time for the graphics card to use it to render the frames it is needed for - that will usually result in a drop in frame rate in-game if the cause is the graphics system's inability to render the frames, but if the cause is the hard drive not accessing/delivering the texture resources from the client files in a timely fashion then the request for the texture may time-out resulting in an odd-looking "ball" on a character or a section of the screen looking decidedly unusual.

Hosting swtor on a SSD drive is the best way to minimise the graphic issues, and it has the welcome side-effect of speeding up the game and smoothing out the graphics framerate in a wide variety of situations. The downside of that approach is that swtor's footprint is around 60GB and growing with each patch and update, so a swtor installation plus an operating system is not going to leave much space on a 120GB SSD drive, and the cost of buying a SSD large enough (240GB+ ?) to accomodate all the software that will be loaded onto it while allowing for future expansion.

You can make the argument that Bioware "should do X" or "could do Y" to make things better/more efficient/faster/less corruptible, and I am not going to argue those points, other than to point out that the game is now 5 years old and these performance issues have been there since the start, as a feature of the game architecture and the graphics engine used, so they are not going away any time soon, and they will probably exist until the day that Bioware pull the plug on the servers and shut down the game.