Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More unannounced conquest changes on PTS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
More unannounced conquest changes on PTS

pellejedi
09.16.2019 , 08:28 AM | #11
What is clear is that it was made more difficult to get conquest goal, but what is not clear is why? I'm trying to understand the business reason behind it, such as does it bring in more money to the company?

Master_Morak
09.16.2019 , 09:55 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by pellejedi View Post
What is clear is that it was made more difficult to get conquest goal, but what is not clear is why? I'm trying to understand the business reason behind it, such as does it bring in more money to the company?
I think their strategy is to get ride of most of the subscribers so that they could cater the remaining minority of elitist players. Solo players, story players, crafter and conquester are not any longer welelcome.
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

Totemdancer
09.16.2019 , 11:24 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Hawkebatt View Post
Last week I did over 250k just doing Hammer station over and over. Think about it? Does rampage really matter?

Though I think it should stay and doing any heroic that is listed should be repeatable. Just like pvp rewards are repeatable.

Getting points will not be the issue it is jumping through the hoops to get there the fastest.
That’s not what everyone wants to do and it’s certainly not “play your way” for everyone who likes to do other activities
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

Totemdancer
09.16.2019 , 11:32 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by scardera View Post
Play the way we tell you
That should be 6.0’s catch phrase
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription

Lhancelot
09.16.2019 , 11:43 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
They are making it pretty clear that people who play multiple alts or do conquest on more than one character are unwelcomed in this game.
That's right. I began losing my interest in playing when they crushed gearing alts and that was around the same time they destroyed conquest too.

The game design now favors people that want a one toon, super grinding gear system that punishes alts. Which is ironic, I mean we can have 5000 toons in our stable.

You'd think judging by this alt-gameplay would be encouraged but this is just one more contradiction with the game. Basically don't listen to what they say, listen to what they do.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Calwred
09.25.2019 , 10:11 PM | #16
Edit Report Post Quote
I know that conquest is going to be a grind, and perhaps a lot of newer friendly guilds may dissolve because of the new point system 500k for small, 2 mil for medium and 5 mil for large, it will be mostly the larger guilds getting bigger, and may also force players whom get tired of the grind for conquest out of game. Lol, 50k personal goal, at times I do perhaps that on a total of 3 alts a day to give my guild enough encryptions to try to keep up with the larger guilds whom can do 5 to 10 mil a week easy. Most we have done is about 1.8 million but most of the time it is about 1.4, at moment we are doing medium yield and after expansion, we may have to drop back down to small yield so we can get enough points for the week.

Not sure what was reasoning for raising the point goals, perhaps it was for less people to participate or perhaps there are too many guild in game and they want to cut down, maybe those are the reasons, because anything else benefits the large guilds whom will just get stronger and perhaps if we have guild vs guild pvp will totally dominate the smaller guilds.

do people shouldn't care about having multiple alts then, we are going to perhaps only able to play 1 or 2 to week for conquest, unless you perhaps don't have a life, I like the point counts where they are now,
Refer a friend www.swtor.com/r/L5fXHX