The Dreaded HK Component Search

_Napalm_Death

Yes, anyone with a scanner can help you. 🙂

Some elaboration is required here, of course.

The other person scans elsewhere in the same area, and as soon as one of you finds it, that person tells the other that it has been found. Once someone finds it, anyone in the area can dig up the part from the place where that person found it, during a period of one minute. (Caveat: it might require you to either have the scanner or the mission.)

I’m really glad that I did this during the SOR endgame before level scaling. It was a lot easier to deal with mobs and a lot of people were bored and doing it at the same time, sharing on /general when they found a part.

I imagine it would be a lot harder now... especially if you still have to run that one instance hard mode.

This quest might seem overwhelming for a first-timer, but honestly, it's pretty easy. It really shouldn't take longer than about 5 minutes per planet if you have experience.

One thing that can help is to set your camera to zoom way out, so you can get a top view showing the generic search reticle animation. Then you have a good idea of the covered area and you should move approximately 25m beyond the outer edge to perform your next search. Just keep track of the areas you covered and don't just run around with no thought at all.

Again, stay focused and it shouldn't take very long.

This quest might seem overwhelming for a first-timer, but honestly, it's pretty easy.[/Quote]

Yes it does not require anything hard to do or difficult to accomplish....

It really shouldn't take longer than about 5 minutes per planet if you have experience.[/Quote]

Though some parts you may find in a couple of minuets it can take anywhere from a few minuets to a couple of hours to find each part.

Then you have a good idea of the covered area and you should move approximately 25m beyond the outer edge to perform your next search. Just keep track of the areas you covered and don't just run around with no thought at all.

A systematic search is the only way to find any of the parts. Though I would suggest that since the search pattern is "Round" you should make sure that your search areas "Overlap" to avoid missing any portions with your search. If you search randomly you will take for ever to find them. Doing a "Grid" search pattern is best to get optimal coverage. The part can be anywhere in the search area. Though it usually will be near the location marked in most help suggestions though not always.

Again, stay focused and it shouldn't take very long.

Don't give up.... The parts can be found. You just have to keep looking.

Well just started my 11th server for HK. 3rd account. Oddly though it is on this account, which was my very first account. I though I had already done it, but guess not. So doing Tulk Hord at present time. Have done SS,SF,DM

For my other now F2P accounts, not sure if its worth buying the cartel access for them or just wait until I sub again on them, which my be some time. I did manage to do all 5 servers on two accounts within 10days. Not neally as long as i thought it would take. Still I think I do need time away from HK searching after this. Anything to make it eaier would be nice all the same.

The quest kinda sucks to do in this day and age but as others have said, perseverance will win the day.

I managed to do the search in two evenings. Be methodical in your search: scan, walk a few steps and scan again, repeat.

one thing i really wish they added in was world of warships's mouse cursor distance thingie, the cursor shows the distance from the target, so for us who is terrible at maths, wouldn't have issues with it

Keep the sound up loud enough that you can hear your character's footsteps, and advance seven(1) footfall sounds between scans.

(1) That's the voice of experience talking there. Seven. Really.

• Like 1

Keep the sound up loud enough that you can hear your character's footsteps, and advance seven(1) footfall sounds between scans.

(1) That's the voice of experience talking there. Seven. Really.

thanks man, i appreciate that. Lol going to have to do the quest again now that i deleted the malgus character and moved to star forge

Think I did whole HK quest line 5 or 6 times, cause way back 1 mill to unlock him was a lot and I'm cheap. :)

Like the others have said just keep scanning in a systematic search pattern with overlapping circles.

My first time I tried looking in places where ppl have found it before, but I never found the part in any of them. Though it might give an idea about the general area it could be in.

Also if someone else found it while you're searching and you didn't see the beam cause it was out of sight or whatever, the part is going to move again and might pop up in an area you already searched before.

Would always recommend asking on a planet if anyone else is searching, you might get lucky. :)

For me Hoth was usually worst planet. Once I spend over 2h searching there and found part finally in an area I know I've searched several times before.

All in all HK-51 quest is still one of my favorite quest lines, even though the scanning can be a bit tedious at times.

Good luck anyway :)