Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maturity difference between factions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maturity difference between factions

Phalacy
12.14.2011 , 07:49 AM | #1
I like the art styles and experience on the republic. I'd normally pick that side to roll on as a start/establishing a main without even thinking twice. This is what I did when I first started playing wow all those years ago. My concern is that, just like in wow, the empire while not my first choice is going to have an overall better community surrounding it. I know better than to expect 'maturity' but teamwork is another matter.

When I switched over to the horde after years of alliance I was blown away by the increase in teamwork in general and the improved mindset towards making progress. I know better than to think that there will be less flaming in general, but only am pointing at a very broad difference in mindset and possibly age. There will always be flamers and griefers and some hilarious mess like trade channel wherever you go...

Anyone else worried about this?

Yfelsung
12.14.2011 , 07:51 AM | #2
It's the "Grass is greener" effect.

If you switched from Horde to Alliance, you'd swear they were nicer.

If you switched from Alliance to Horde, you'd swear they were nicer.

It's all perception.

The law of averages states that without some sort of extenuating circumstance, both factions will be relatively statistically similar.
MHORDSUNG SOULGRINDER, LEGATUS OF PHOBOS LEGION

At the end of days the dragon stands tall and with limitless rage it illuminates all.

Tersidre
12.14.2011 , 07:52 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Yfelsung View Post
It's the "Grass is greener" effect.

If you switched from Horde to Alliance, you'd swear they were nicer.

If you switched from Alliance to Horde, you'd swear they were nicer.

It's all perception.

The law of averages states that without some sort of extenuating circumstance, both factions will be relatively statistically similar.
hey look a wild intelligent post appears... it casts logic and is super effective.
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

KrustyDog
12.14.2011 , 07:52 AM | #4
In the beginning of WoW, though, horde was the less popular choice. Over time we destinguished ourselves as the better pvp side and all the kids jumped on the bandwagon making the horde a shadow of its former self. Used to never lose bg's but at the end couldnt buy a win.