Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ending the EGA Discussion

catherder
12.14.2011 , 07:25 AM | #1
I went back and found my original Pre-Order Email received July 21 from swtor@email.swtor.com

it says "The wait is over. Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is now available for pre-order. Order now to lock in your Early Game Access."

"Early Game Access - create your character and explore the universe first."

"The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day."

there were no asterisks and no fine print of any kind. what they promised was that if you pre-order you will gain early access at some point during the early access period. BW did NOT claim you would be guaranteed any amount of time in early access or early access on a particular day/time.

Based on BW's history one can also interpret their stance on Early Access is to provide an opportunity to create a character for launch and that's it which they easily could have opted for but didn't. DA:O was released in this manner lest you all forget your BW history.

Dragonator
12.14.2011 , 07:26 AM | #2
So you preordered in July? You have EGA then? Why post on here? Go play.

DesleDarksyde
12.14.2011 , 07:26 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by catherder View Post
there were no asterisks and no fine print of any kind.
liar liar pants on fire...
Another OP made the exact same thread as you 30 minutes ago, and actually found the clause and had to post a retraction.
Want to join him?

catherder
12.14.2011 , 07:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonator View Post
So you preordered in July? You have EGA then? Why post on here? Go play.
you assume too much

Tersidre
12.14.2011 , 07:28 AM | #5
for bioware to keep the promise they only require a person be given an hour or less of EA before the launch
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

catherder
12.14.2011 , 07:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DesleDarksyde View Post
liar liar pants on fire...
Another OP made the exact same thread as you 30 minutes ago, and actually found the clause and had to post a retraction.
Want to join him?
nope b/c I have the email, I'll redact and post somewhere... mind your utterances

ok where can I post a jpeg of the email? I have removed my email address and part of the support reply, that's it.

uploading

DesleDarksyde
12.14.2011 , 07:29 AM | #7
nope b/c I have the email, I'll redact and post somewhere... mind your utterances

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=15384

Quote:
[edit] ok I checked my e-mail and it was announced on the 21st of July that the order in which you pre-order is the order in which you play, my mistake. I wish I woulda known, lol...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBeav View Post
here's the text of the e-mail I received on July 21st:

Pre-order bonuses: Early Game Access- create your character and explore the universe first

Nothing at all about how long the Early Game Access is even...

Oh ****...

The order in which you purchase and redeem your Pre-Order Code is the order in which you will gain early access to the game, prior to official launch day.

I am mistaken, editing my first post, I should have read that e-mail better.... lol... Unless they somehow managed to change the html in the e-mail? lol...

///waits...

catherder
12.14.2011 , 07:36 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DesleDarksyde View Post

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/a9678

(troll much?)

gbburn
12.14.2011 , 07:37 AM | #9
you must read the fine print

DesleDarksyde
12.14.2011 , 07:37 AM | #10