Help! My crew skills only cost me money

Ksiphon

Gathering skills *obviously* allow you to exchange your time for their credits - gather stuff in the field and sell it to other players and/or vendors.

At lower levels, there isn't much demand for crafted gear because it goes out of date too quickly, although e.g. color crystals don't have this problem. At max level, most of the crafted armour and weapons are fixed-stats, and therefore not really desirable (especially the armour).

So crafting is in a bad place from that point of view. Concentrate on Augments and their kits, dye modules, color crystals, grenades, and Biochemistry consumables.

EDIT: sorry, also "left side" pieces = Relics (Artifice), Implants (Biochemistry), Ears (Cybertech).

Edited by SteveTheCynic

You can also make intermediate ingredients like Bonded Attachments and sell them to people.

I have had moderate luck selling crafted 278 and 286 gear to people that apparently are gearing their first character and just hit 75. It's in that range of "still profitable to sell, and not too expensive to buy" and cuts a few days of grind out for the people buying it.

Trying to craft up to top tier gear and then sell that - LOL no. Just sell the mats. At a 10% success rate at 8 or 12 SRMs per try, levelling that has one hell of an opportunity cost. That said the gear does sell for bank once you get to that level.