Suggestions for level 50 PVP - gear setup at 50

thecoffeeguy

Hey all.

I am bout 3 1/2 levels away from hitting level 50 and was hoping to get some suggestions for gear once I do hit the magic number 50.

At this time, I have around 2500 RWZ comms. I keep changing them with WZ comms when I get full.

That being said, any suggestions on how to quickly gear up and be effective at 50?

Currently, been playing Vigilance and I like it a lot. however, I have heard about the hybrid build and trying to find out more.

Also, I want to be effective at 50, so guarding healers will be a priority I want to focus on. I'd like to keep them alive while being able to dish out some DPS as well.

Just hoping for some feedback and suggestions.

Thx

TCG

I just went through this on my Guardian less than a week ago. I had 2800 RWZ and 2750 normals (I suggest spending your entire 49th level enjoying one last dominant level of PvP so you get more RWZ). As soon as I hit 50, I bought two EWH relics and a WH belt. After four or five days of moderate playing time, I'm in full WH. Of course you should be in the Recruit gear as you fill out your WH, but I'm sure you already know that. IMO skipping straight to the EWH relics helped a lot.

The role I'm playing right now is full tank, in a 27/11/2 spec. As such, I went after the War Leader armor set. What I will be doing this week is working on the Vindicator set so that I can mix and match in more of a hybrid set - the two piece Vindicator set bonus is great for tanks (8% heal every time you Guardian Leap). I would suggest min-maxing your WH set to your desired stats before moving on to the EWH set, because more than likely only some of the EWH mods will be an increase. IIRC a lot of the EWH armor has accuracy mods, yuck.

Edited by Kamikaze

Wrong on both accounts. You should purchase the 900 comm weapons. These weapons have a 2 hour played time limit for when they can be returned and grant you back 900 reg wz comms. Those two hours are played time, as in, when you're logged out, the timer doesn't tick. So, buy a weapon, then at the 1 hour timer, sell it back to the vendor and buy it back again. Now the timer is reset. Every 900 comms you get, keep purchasing weapons, and keep cycling them. It's a lot of work but for PvP will pay off in the end. I leveled from 30 to 50 on my sentinel in WZs only. When I hit 50, I had something like 40 weapons in my inventory. Enough to fully Min/Max myself in War Hero gear and get some work done on Elite War Hero.

The role I'm playing right now is full tank, in a 27/11/2 spec. As such, I went after the War Leader armor set. What I will be doing this week is working on the Vindicator set so that I can mix and match in more of a hybrid set - the two piece Vindicator set bonus is great for tanks (8% heal every time you Guardian Leap). I would suggest min-maxing your WH set to your desired stats before moving on to the EWH set, because more than likely only some of the EWH mods will be an increase. IIRC a lot of the EWH armor has accuracy mods, yuck.

PvP Tank Guardian War Hero Min/Maxing in a nutshell. Unfortunately, they've removed Battlemaster from the game, so your BIS Earpiece is now gone. The EWH Implants are a marginal upgrade. You're probably going to be wanting to fix the Implant issue first.

For your WH gear, you're just going to end up purchasing the boots over and over again. The boots have the best Itemization. Simply acquire your two set vindicator, then choose if you want the tank PvE 2 set (my preference) or the tank PvP 2 set (1 extra second of force choke/stasis) and go from there. Socket everything for Endurance. Craft the Guardian armoring 27's, and use the mod from the boots in your belt/bracers. I use five of them (check armory).

The standard 27/12/2 spec is a little old, but certainly viable. I prefer to run 29/12/0. The master strike talent does little for me as I'm not there to DPS. My philosophy is area denial and debuffing. You can read into the spec again on my armory.

For EWH gear, basically you'll be buying the gloves over and over again and substituting their mod and enhancement to every slot.

Have fun.

It's in my sig, where it says "Cates", but if you're interested:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/0a1ef31f-d48e-42a8-b267-5491e9be5283

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I have a few Guardin tanks that are gearing for ranked matches that are asking me about min/maxing properly, so I'll pass this along and see what they think about it.

Your logic and approach makes good sense to me, though.

/bowrespect;

Thanks for the input guys. I meant to reply earlier, but thought I would wait until I hit 50.

I hit 50 last night and saved up 3100 RWZ comms and 2750 WZ comms.

I picked up the War Leaders Recruit gear.

I also picked up the PVE gear set that has a bonus to blade turning.

I like the idea of getting the two piece PVP set that heals you for 8% when you guardian leap.

My question now is, what should be the order of what i should purchase first?

I figure i'll grind out two sets of gear: Tank and DPS. I think i'll go tank first as I dont know how much of a dent I will make as DPS as a fresh 50.

Should there be a specific order on gear purchasing?

Much obliged and thanks for the help

Cheers,

TCG

• 2 weeks later...