Orange Gear Question

Veluthurk

Think of orange gear an item that will always look the same, so you can make your character look a certain way but it also allows you to upgrade it as you progress through the game.

As mentioned levels play no part in the strength of orange items when talking about orange items with no mods attached..

Their properties are based on what you put into them.

A level 50 could use a level 10 orange saber if they found one, provided they kept it upgraded the item 'could' be 'on par' with other items at that level, though I cannot comment heavily into what items are best at that game so I could very well be wrong.

But take it as an example..

Once slight annoyance that I did find out is that items with mods already in them that are listed at a certain level will retain their level if you pull the mods out. I found that out the first week playing, when I was trying to put together the look that I wanted for my character. :(

I know orange armors have the same base stats, but doesn't orange weapons differ? I have different light sabres of varying base dmg even after pulling out all the mods. :confused:

If you put the same hilt into two different lightsabers, the damage will be the same. If you put a rating 76 hilt into one lightsaber, and a different rating 76 hilt into another lightsaber, the base damage will be the same. Stats might not be, but the base damage, sure.

Being that this is a thread about orange gear, I was wondering if anyone knows where to find a traditional looking Jedi robe?

Heck, the commendation robe from Tython is pretty Obi-wan. But orange version, uh.. I'd hafta do some serious research :)

Enjoy all the info on orange gear. My main concern was my lvl 11 class quest lightsaber (or other gear for that matter) was going to be the same as a lvl 50 one so long as the same mods were used. Didn't want to invest in updating mods to only find out I was shorting myself.

As far as the Obi-esque robes the class quest for a Sentinel gives you a choice of hvy or medium. Also I've seen multiple higher-level obi-robes on the GTN so I suspect they may have been crafted.

Once slight annoyance that I did find out is that items with mods already in them that are listed at a certain level will retain their level if you pull the mods out. I found that out the first week playing, when I was trying to put together the look that I wanted for my character. :(

i found this was happening to me as well, but all i did to fix it was move the piece from one slot in my bag to another, close and open my bag, and the item was down to its low level.

maybe try moving to your bank, or even selling and buy back, i guess the game needs a reason to refresh the item for it to update.

i found this was happening to me as well, but all i did to fix it was move the piece from one slot in my bag to another, close and open my bag, and the item was down to its low level.

maybe try moving to your bank, or even selling and buy back, i guess the game needs a reason to refresh the item for it to update.

So are you saying you can by a lvl 35 chest piece (orange gear) remove the mods, place bag in cargo then put it back in bag I would be able to equip it on a lvl 12 character (as long as the mods were only lvl 12 mods?

Heck, the commendation robe from Tython is pretty Obi-wan. But orange version, uh.. I'd hafta do some serious research :)

Do you mean the hoodless medium armor called Watchman's Vest? The orange version is the Aspiring Knight's vest and the blank one is only at lowly lv 13.

The armoring slot on level 50 purples (such as tier pieces, and other such things) presently cannot be modified -- neither can the hilt on weapons. This means that an orange item with no mods will have different stats than a level 50 item with no mods, as either its hilt section or its armoring section is built into its base stats... just wanted to bring this up as the thread made it sound as if there is no difference between a level 50 piece that has been stripped of its mods and an orange piece that has been stripped of its mods.

Also, the tier PVE and PVP sets both have 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses that are given for possessing the appropriate amount of pieces of such.

The armoring slot on level 50 purples (such as tier pieces, and other such things) presently cannot be modified -- neither can the hilt on weapons. This means that an orange item with no mods will have different stats than a level 50 item with no mods, as either its hilt section or its armoring section is built into its base stats... just wanted to bring this up as the thread made it sound as if there is no difference between a level 50 piece that has been stripped of its mods and an orange piece that has been stripped of its mods.

Also, the tier PVE and PVP sets both have 2-piece and 4-piece set bonuses that are given for possessing the appropriate amount of pieces of such.

Good to know.