The Old Republic at E3 2012!

CourtneyWoods

“The future of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is incredibly bright”, according to Electronic Gaming Monthly, but they aren’t the only ones raving about the future of the galaxy far, far away. This year’s E3 in Los Angeles was an incredible experience, and everyone who saw the behind-closed-doors preview of upcoming content walked away impressed. Numerous gaming sites praised the content coming to The Old Republic, including GameTrailers, PC Gamer, and Shack News, and IGN even nominated the game for their “Best MMO of Show” E3 award!

Read More

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to hear the good press. For myself and my wife, we're enjoying the game immensely and will stay subscribed for a long time. Great job with transfers and the 1.3 changes too.

And please ignore the forum haters, the one's with obviously active accounts that tear things down because they can.

Exactly how many are nominated and why state it if you didn't win it?

Planetside 2 clearly is the E3 winner.

Great to hear about the future! Too bad about the present though!

And with my pessimistic hat off, for what it's worth even a nomination as MMO of the show going to a game that's already released is unprecedented and a pretty big deal. They have every right to feel proud of that.

the presentation was cool. good to see Dallas Dickinson again. the video was cool and the new content was fun. we wiped trying out the new heroics cause no one was used to their characters lol.

the tauntaun pet was awesome and the Journal of Gnost Dural was one of the best pieces of swag I got this year. One of the main things I wanted out of the CE. Now I'm really glad I didn't pay all that money for it. :D

I think they were all excited and wanted to give awards, because they heard the news as reported on...

MMORPG.com , in it's feature MMOFTW, which quoted a since removed article of the UK's Gamerstm which quoted Star Wars lead designer Emanuel Lewnski (it's a video so I don't know how it's spelt), that SWTOR is seriously looking at the F2P model.

Imagine how stupid EA, Bioware will look after they spent a reported 100 million dollars developing a "AAA" MMO they thought would draw 6 million subs. Would be a real competitor to WOW. Then 6 months later was thinking about the F2P model.

The award has to be something like the MMO with the most promise, that fell the farthest. And the award goes to SWTOR.

I have to be one of the biggest losers though, I pay for 3 subs. While apparently, in 2 months those who are too cheap to buy the initial copy of Guild Wars 2 can play SWTOR for free. Ouch.

I think they were all excited and wanted to give awards, because they heard the news as reported on...

MMORPG.com , in it's feature MMOFTW, which quoted a since removed article of the UK's Gamerstm which quoted Star Wars lead designer Emanuel Lewnski (it's a video so I don't know how it's spelt), that SWTOR is seriously looking at the F2P model.

Imagine how stupid EA, Bioware will look after they spent a reported 100 million dollars developing a "AAA" MMO they thought would draw 6 million subs. Would be a real competitor to WOW. Then 6 months later was thinking about the F2P model.

The award has to be something like the MMO with the most promise, that fell the farthest. And the award goes to SWTOR.

I have to be one of the biggest losers though, I pay for 3 subs. While apparently, in 2 months those who are too cheap to buy the initial copy of Guild Wars 2 can play SWTOR for free. Ouch.

They thought it would draw 500k subs. Stop making up crap, you really don't need to make anything up to talk about the failings of the game.

SW:TOR didn't fail because it needed to be the next WOW killer to make money and failed at doing so. SW:TOR failed because it had a target of 500,000 subs, ended up with 2.2 million in sales, and DIDN'T CAPITALIZE ON THIS AWESOME OPPORTUNITY.

No one at EA of Bioware thought this game was going to be the next WOW (EA has said in both earning reports about this game that they don't understand why the media is so interested in such a tiny, unimportant game they never planned on making more money off of then tiger woods 2012). But it had the chance to be. That's the shame of it.

Edited by lexiekaboom

“The future of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is incredibly bright”, according to Electronic Gaming Monthly,

Incredibly bright, seriously?

How much ads did you guy buy out on this web site?

Character transfers... helps, still until seeing such a future for the game you got a few mountains to climb and that's without taking into account you're going to be hit by at least a huge avalanche named GW2.

About the supposedly epic content:

• Raising the level cap on a shaky basement is a bad idea, especially so soon after launch
  • A welcome new specie that's just a face humanoid reskin. How about Wookies, Ithorian, Rodian...
  • The new companion is welcome yet the data has been in the client files since launch, so why not before?
  • The new space mission will get old faster than anything else.
  • The displayed bosses fits more a TSW Call of Cthulhu than SWG IP and you are still doing the same mistake of insanely huge bosses being beaten by many players.
  • One new Warzone and yet no world PvP at all.
  • How about fixes for the game engine and something better than 1997 shadows?
  • Video displaying the much disliked 1.2 non iconic gear, bad idea.
  • Yet no chat bubbles
  • Gear customization still lower than we can find in others AAA MMO with appearance tabs and gear dyes
  • Character body customization not improved
  • Talent trees lacking any choices
  • Gear that still does 80% of the PvP outcome
  • Imposed companions choices due to their locked roles

Let's go through the 1.3 patch:

• Quite none content
  • Ranked WZ without any rules that will end in a big mess
  • Lacking Group finder functionality
  • Lackluster "legacy" features that in fact have only legacy as the name as only applying to specific character and BTW still very expansive.

They thought it would draw 500k subs. Stop making up crap, you really don't need to make anything up to talk about the failings of the game.

SW:TOR didn't fail because it needed to be the next WOW killer to make money and failed at doing so. SW:TOR failed because it had a target of 500,000 subs, ended up with 2.2 million in sales, and DIDN'T CAPITALIZE ON THIS AWESOME OPPORTUNITY.

No one at EA of Bioware thought this game was going to be the next WOW (EA has said in both earning reports about this game that they don't understand why the media is so interested in such a tiny, unimportant game they never planned on making more money off of then tiger woods 2012). But it had the chance to be. That's the shame of it.

Agree with this, it was easy to tell that bioware ea were caught on the hop by how well the game did, all you have todo is look at most nearly all mmos that have come out since wow that they dont make a huge splash numbers wise, they might game wise but thats not normally converted into actual subscription numbers. The 1st weeks were mental with new servers being thrown at the game to try and catch up with the numbers which is what they are now sorting out. I dont blame them for not being able to catch all the subs cos that would have been a miricle really.

Also if EA wanted to beat wow they would have just bought it to be be brutal.

Edited by Shingara

“The future of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is incredibly bright”, according to Electronic Gaming Monthly, but they aren’t the only ones raving about the future of the galaxy far, far away. This year’s E3 in Los Angeles was an incredible experience, and everyone who saw the behind-closed-doors preview of upcoming content walked away impressed. Numerous gaming sites praised the content coming to The Old Republic, including GameTrailers, PC Gamer, and Shack News, and IGN even nominated the game for their “Best MMO of Show” E3 award!

Read More

for the love of god, get someone without a stutter and decent timing next year. Watching that through the live stream was painful.

He rushed the first half of the intro, realized it, lost track for a second, then started talking again and was behind

seriously.

ugh.

[*]One new Warzone and yet no world PvP at all.

There is no world PvP because the community does not seek it out. If you want to spark some world PvP, start camping in an enemy heroic area or make an ops group to go raid an enemy base.

There is no world PvP because the community does not seek it out. If you want to spark some world PvP, start camping in an enemy heroic area or make an ops group to go raid an enemy base.

True it takes 2 willing players to engage in PvP combat, however the game needs to have more incentives for players to do so and areas, events +more dedicated to it.

Given the StarWars universe, there's so many interesting ways that BioWare could implement player versus player content like cantina brawls, space battles or even just open PvP areas on the planets with control points.

Read More

Greatly looking forward to the new stuff, and the fact that what was shown was only a "small portion" of what's to come, makes me even more excited!

Keep up the good work! :cool:

Well seems not like it or should I say most intelligent PvP players left long time ago to other horizons...