Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marksman To Engineering

Infalliable
01.23.2013 , 04:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
I've been engineering spec for a while, but never thought that the cooldown on frag grenade would be any use. They don't set off cluster bomb charges, and do take quite a bit of energy. Why use them vigorously?
Because they are great at clearing trash mobs. If you hit more than 2 foes, they're extremely efficient. With the standard group of foes in PVE being 3 normals, it works great.

Zunayson
01.24.2013 , 05:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post
Because they are great at clearing trash mobs. If you hit more than 2 foes, they're extremely efficient. With the standard group of foes in PVE being 3 normals, it works great.
This and 45 seconds on flashbang can be nice! 10 extra energy = little worth since energy problems rarely I run into them and can be solved by adrenaline probe every minute lol.
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao
Next time you hear about someone getting raped ask them if it was like PvP in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

thefishdude
01.27.2013 , 09:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
I've been engineering spec for a while, but never thought that the cooldown on frag grenade would be any use. They don't set off cluster bomb charges, and do take quite a bit of energy. Why use them vigorously?
In pvp, people want to inflate their numbers; so, the spam nades. If you really want to inflate ur numbers, just go Lethality and dot away.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

Daxy
01.28.2013 , 10:39 AM | #14
my wh full engineer loves the frag grenades in pvp

i use them more often than a snipe
they are great for stopping cappers and their slinky aliies trying to los
they are undiscernable
they can be used on the run

engineer has things you will miss as soon as one cant use them anymore
-- interrogation probe (the slow is incredible)
--SHIELD PROBE-- my shield probe is consistently stopping 50-70k damage a game-- i sometimes even get a 75k healing medal at the end of a game
-- plasma probe-- this nifty ability has thwarted more caps than i can count; best of all-- it is a fire and forget- place it just right and no one is capping even if there is not a defender in sight-- couple the interrogation probe with the plasma probe and the engineering sniper has a sweet little 30m stun (excellent for those weenie sage/sorc healers who try to sprint away-- especially the graphic of their speed animation coming to an abrupt halt when they start eating fire for 3 secs)

what i miss from marksman when i'm engineer-- the efficiency of switching targets; an ambush that actually has some use; the hunker down ability that confuses some derpy fotm smashers; FOLLOWTHROUGH; the ability that refreshes sos? (forget name)

in the end, both are excellent specs

Jayshames
01.28.2013 , 10:53 AM | #15
Well, I currently have a level 41 Sniper at the moment, I've used Marksmanship from the start and only recently (at 40) specced into Engineering to try. It's an amazing spec for PvP no doubt about it, and it's also pretty damn good for powering through PvE, with the AoE of Plasma probe, frag grenade and suppresive fire, you mow your way through normal mobs. Though, at times I feel like I've got nothing left to use once I've used my probes etc, feels like going way back to the beginning where I had to use snipe only, and for that reason I shall be continuing to level with MM.

EDIT: Just to make it clear though, Engineering is extremely good in PvP, it basically allows you to 1v1 and win just about any class given you don't get LOS'd
EDIT2: I also really miss the 60% reduction in AoE damage when entrench is active, it's rather amusing to laugh at smashmonkeys when they hit somewhat below they were expecting.
SCOTLAND