To the Devs: Daily Story Mode ops via grp finder completely ruined.

Darittha

If i dont mention the bug that caused 8man grp to be dropped into 16m phase theres still the huge problem of having multiple ops to choose from. It completely ruined daily SM ops runs imo. I tried few times to qq for all of them - because i wished to get daily bonus, few times i got stuck with Monolith. The MONOLITH. ->> 90% of the people on the server dont know how to kill that. Then you have Hive of the Mountain queen and Toborro. While Toborro is pretty straightforward to kill and easy to explain ive seen loads of people fail there - and even more failing on Queen.

Adding these one-boss ops to the grp finder was colossal mistake imo. These days its like clock rolled back to the time before grp finder was a thing - people simply gather a grp for ops in the fleet chat and ignore grp finder alltogether, because its really not worth qqing the whole grp for 1 in 4 chance of daily gf ops reward if you risk ending up in one of these one-boss ops that which have huge possibility of failure. Ive had half of the people instantly leaving the grp when we got Toborro. Same thing only worse on those Monolith runs i mentioned.

Best thing would be to go back to old way when only ONE full 5+ boss ops was in the grp finder. Youve already messed with the SM ops lockouts - making them reset daily - thats change enough.

Daily ops gf selection needs a rollback to before 6.0 because right now its completely redundant.

Edited by Darittha

If i dont mention the bug that caused 8man grp to be dropped into 16m phase theres still the huge problem of having multiple ops to choose from. It completely ruined daily SM ops runs imo. I tried few times to qq for all of them - because i wished to get daily bonus, few times i got stuck with Monolith. The MONOLITH. ->> 90% of the people on the server dont know how to kill that. Then you have Hive of the Mountain queen and Toborro. While Toborro is pretty straightforward to kill and easy to explain ive seen loads of people fail there - and even more failing on Queen.

Adding these one-boss ops to the grp finder was colossal mistake imo. These days its like clock rolled back to the time before grp finder was a thing - people simply gather a grp for ops in the fleet chat and ignore grp finder alltogether, because its really not worth qqing the whole grp for 1 in 4 chance of daily gf ops reward if you risk ending up in one of these one-boss ops that which have huge possibility of failure. Ive had half of the people instantly leaving the grp when we got Toborro. Same thing only worse on those Monolith runs i mentioned.

Best thing would be to go back to old way when only ONE full 5+ boss ops was in the grp finder. Youve already messed with the SM ops lockouts - making them reset daily - thats change enough.

Daily ops gf selection needs a rollback to before 6.0 because right now its completely redundant.

What's wrong with adding those into the rotation for group finder, but only having 1 Operation per day listed?

I agree they shouldn't have 4 options per day, but they can make it so all of the 1 boss operations are added to the rotation so they get played as well. The reason Monolith isn't known by many is because once 4.0 came out it became obsolete. So unless you wanted the achievement you skipped it, same as TC, and the new Hive Operation would have followed suit to those.

What's wrong with adding those into the rotation for group finder, but only having 1 Operation per day listed?

I agree they shouldn't have 4 options per day, but they can make it so all of the 1 boss operations are added to the rotation so they get played as well. The reason Monolith isn't known by many is because once 4.0 came out it became obsolete. So unless you wanted the achievement you skipped it, same as TC, and the new Hive Operation would have followed suit to those.

There wouldn't be any problem if groups could decide whether to run them or not. However, if you toggle off any of the selections, you don't get reward (for group finder).

It also wouldn't be a problem if you could leave and reque for a different Op if you got one you didn't like. You can't do that either. You have to disband and form the group again, dealing with a lockout for leaving a group in progress (at least I've never been able to find a way to queue for a different Op when you've been placed in one.)

There wouldn't be any problem if groups could decide whether to run them or not. However, if you toggle off any of the selections, you don't get reward (for group finder).

It also wouldn't be a problem if you could leave and reque for a different Op if you got one you didn't like. You can't do that either. You have to disband and form the group again, dealing with a lockout for leaving a group in progress (at least I've never been able to find a way to queue for a different Op when you've been placed in one.)

You failed to see my point. I was saying they should only have 1 operation per day listed in the GF queu, however they should add TC, Hive of the Mountain queen, and Monolith to the rotating Operations. This way we'd still have the GF as normal of 1 per day, but these 1 boss Operations would be added to the normal rotating Ops so they would get played as well. This would give us a reason to do these 1 boss operations where previously we wouldn't.

An example for a rotating Operations Schedule (keep in mind this is made up).

Day 1: EC

Day 2: TC

Day 3: SnV

Day 4: EV

Day 5: ToS

Day 6: Hive of the Mountain Queen

Day 7: KP

Day 8: DF

Day 9: Monolith

Day 10: DP

Day 11: Rav

Day 12: TFB

This way all of those Operations would be available in the rotation, however you wouldn't have to deal with the randomness of getting the one you want.

Edited by Toraak

You failed to see my point. I was saying they should only have 1 operation per day listed in the GF queu, however they should add TC, Hive of the Mountain queen, and Monolith to the rotating Operations. This way we'd still have the GF as normal of 1 per day, but these 1 boss Operations would be added to the normal rotating Ops so they would get played as well. This would give us a reason to do these 1 boss operations where previously we wouldn't.

Ah, got it. Yeah, that could work. After all, it's just for the daily bonus. Ppl could run another op afterwards if they wanted (which is what they're doing now anyway).

I wouldnt mind if one-boss ops were added to the group finder as daily ops, but it would have to be kept at 1 ops each day. having 4 to choose from like i said before makes grp finder redundant as ppl simply ignore it because it gives them nothing. Edited by Darittha

T̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶p̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶.̶ ̶S̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶f̶i̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶o̶n̶u̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶.̶

*only works for flashpoints, i guess

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

The group leader can choose which op he queues the group for. Sure the leader won't get the groupfinder bonus, but everyone else will.

That is not true - its the same as before 6.0. If the grp leader selects anything other than all options available whole grp isnt eligible for the daily reward ->which is mainly why i made this thread, because ppl either lose daily reward by selecting only the actual 5-boss ops, or risk the grp insta quitting because they got Queen or Monolith.

Having 1 ops available in gf every day was best so they should go back to that.

Edited by Darittha

I think people are seeing this all wrong. You can get your daily ops done with a 4 or 7 minutes fight. Isn't that a bargain?

When you are in a new exp, with all your gear insta-nerfed to nothing, and some fights (like monolith) are overtuned? it ain't really doing you any favors when you are using OPS to try to gear.

it also prevents preferred group loading.... some SM ops can be solo healed or solo tanked, but could REALLY use some extra dps... other benefit from having ranged or aoe damage dealers... etc but you can't fine tune a group for random OP's with different requirements (and before anyone jumps me for it just being SM, our guild runs ops daily for leveling, undergeared, and new to ops players... specialization help maximize available slot per run and keep things smooth)

When you are in a new exp, with all your gear insta-nerfed to nothing, and some fights (like monolith) are overtuned? it ain't really doing you any favors when you are using OPS to try to gear.

it also prevents preferred group loading.... some SM ops can be solo healed or solo tanked, but could REALLY use some extra dps... other benefit from having ranged or aoe damage dealers... etc but you can't fine tune a group for random OP's with different requirements (and before anyone jumps me for it just being SM, our guild runs ops daily for leveling, undergeared, and new to ops players... specialization help maximize available slot per run and keep things smooth)

I agree with most of what you say, however Operations aren't the best way to gear undergeared characters now, so if your trying to gear out new guildies, your better off doing FP's with them.

I’d prefer they go into a separate category for which you can queue. So an entry for one-boss-ops (which includes event bosses when relevant) and an entry for SM regular ops.

Not a bad idea, we already have multiple categories for other stuff so why not for ops as well? Would solve the problem and make sense.

Edited by Darittha

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that players in the new low level gear would find some bosses more challenging. However, all of the solo boss fights except Monolith have very weak mechanics, many of those mechanics have been removed over the year as well. Groups makeup is something I do not concern myself with any SM ops I would pug players on.. So it si really only Monolith that does not fit with the rest.

Also, we often pug a couple players to fill the group and I do not worry about who we get as we can carry someone who is not very experienced. Heck, we have carried some through HM operations before Onslaught and I am not talking about EV or KP. With Monolith it becomes more challenging to carry players who do not know what they are doing. Gearing is not the issue.. Monolith is not in the same category as the other single boss fights.

Further, every single SM ops that had some sort of mechanic challenge has been nerfed. Mostly because they were a challenge for unorganized groups which is exactly what the GF is designed to create. iirc, Toth and Zorn on SM needed to be separated when EC first launched and we stack and burn them now. The increased damage output in the DP council fight during burn phase was noticeable when that ops first launched where it is not irrelevant.

Edited by ThatGuyToo

Even though few use group finder for Ops as an actual group finder (groups tend to form first, then queue), with the population of this game and the variability between the Ops, the daily GF needs to be either a specific operation, or the outliers need to be adjusted in difficulty.

Also event boss should be a queue by itself (not a random selection from a list including regular and one boss operations) - someone wanting to run Xeno this week for the event does not want to get randomly put into Monolith.

Lastly, operations need work with regard to loot - they are not very good sources of loot, and as usual, there are bugs like getting no loot at all (I really enjoy running a full Operation with pugs and getting nothing but a few tech fragments off each boss).

Edited by DawnAskham

Whoever put Monolith on that list had to be trolling the playerbase. There's no way they looked at all the OPs and decided such a mechanic-heavy, position-dependent fight would be great for pugs. Queen you can just faceroll through her stuff and TC you just have the beam to dodge, but Monolith is ridiculous and I've seen coordinated teams wipe on it, let alone pugs.

thanks for living up to your name = P

True that we form before we queue. As I posted earlier we often pug on or two players as we are a small guild. But we get them from chat. Considering most of the SM Ops and all but one of the SM bosses can be done with just one tank it makes no sense to have an outlier such as Monolith requiring a group queueing for the random to have two full tanks every time. Not to mention the major difference in difficulty Monolith presents over all the rest. I just do not want to bring pugs into Monolith.

As for gear. run HMs. We run SM ops mostly for conquest points. HM has a chance to drop set piece on every boss. Granted, it is not guaranteed to drop on every boss but that is a much higher drop rate.

Whoever put Monolith on that list had to be trolling the playerbase. There's no way they looked at all the OPs and decided such a mechanic-heavy, position-dependent fight would be great for pugs. Queen you can just faceroll through her stuff and TC you just have the beam to dodge, but Monolith is ridiculous and I've seen coordinated teams wipe on it, let alone pugs.

TBH, that fight is strictly mechanics. I don't think there's even an enrage timer. The problem is that pugs don't know the fight, and no one is teaching them.

Well, I'll say that those 1 boss OPs (besides Monolite, too much HP for 8 players) are the best thing to happen to the Group finder for the daily reward crates. Takes 5 minutes to form a group, 5 minutes to run the OP. rewards recieved. done and done.

Now here is the problem you guys are having with it because Bioware is silly.

If you Q for a random OP without a full group (works best if you premake your group in chat, then have your tank drop group,then Q random outside the group) it will give you the real Operation Popup window that you need to see. The one that has all 8 group members that got selected and the Operation that was selected to run, and each player gets a chance to accept/decline. You can decline and reQueue your group and get this popup multiple times, so you know exactly what Operation the group finder will give you each time it makes your group.

This doesnt happen if you Q for a random Operation with a full group, it selects randomly and puts you in with no option to travel. This is what Bioware can change and I'm pretty sure it is literally a 1 line code change.

Proposed Change:

If you Q for Operations no matter if your group is full or not, force the real Operation group popup window so a premade group still has the option to see what Operation was selected, and giving them the chance to click decline if they want. Operations should never send you right in like they do if you Q with a full group.

The popup players want to see is literally already in the game and is being used on not Full groups. Make that popup the default popup for full Op groups Q'ing and partial instead of having us make our full group partial just so we can see what OP it picked for us.

Edit: I found a picture of what the popup looks like, you all should recognize it https://s3.amazonaws.com/dulfy.net/uploads/2012/06/lfgtool5.jpg

Edited by stromin_normo

Yeah God forbid we can't farm last boss anymore to jack up our Conquest.. What will we all do??