Soa bugs

Had a good night with Soa - bugged out on us 3 times, once he stayed 1 level above us after we got to the bottom and did not come down or attack ever.

and then we had the 2nd floor break before we even got through the jumps from the top.

A GM apparently told a guild mate in his ticket that Soa was working as intended - I wish I had a screen shot of THAT response.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many bugs here too. Took us 5 tries... 3 bugged, 1 death, then got him.

A brief list of our bugs:

1) After arriving to the 2nd floor, we discovered that there were three "pieces" missing. So after dropping him to 30%, we were unable to complete the run to the bottom because the missing "pieces" were not in place to allow us to fall safely.

2) Another run, during the 2nd floor, our tank was "flying" as he hit 30%. Then the tank was placed back at the beginning of the encounter.

3) Another run, once we got to the final floor, there was already a mind trap there (Soa was still floating down), so we killed it. Once it was dead I was placed in an "invisible cell", on the floor, but with no mob or fellow players. I could see their icons on the map, but they were faded out as if they were too far away. I couldn't walk more than a couple of steps as it would "reset" me. I couldn't even pan the camera around as it would "reset" the viewing angle forward.

After putting in a ticket, I got a response "we are aware of the issue and are working on it" or to some similar effect.

Many bugs here too. Took us 5 tries... 3 bugged, 1 death, then got him.

A brief list of our bugs:

1) After arriving to the 2nd floor, we discovered that there were three "pieces" missing. So after dropping him to 30%, we were unable to complete the run to the bottom because the missing "pieces" were not in place to allow us to fall safely.

2) Another run, during the 2nd floor, our tank was "flying" as he hit 30%. Then the tank was placed back at the beginning of the encounter.

3) Another run, once we got to the final floor, there was already a mind trap there (Soa was still floating down), so we killed it. Once it was dead I was placed in an "invisible cell", on the floor, but with no mob or fellow players. I could see their icons on the map, but they were faded out as if they were too far away. I couldn't walk more than a couple of steps as it would "reset" me. I couldn't even pan the camera around as it would "reset" the viewing angle forward.

After putting in a ticket, I got a response "we are aware of the issue and are working on it" or to some similar effect.

is not a bug its bad play on your guild is it so hard to stop dps for a few seconds and let him get that final toss in

is not a bug its bad play on your guild is it so hard to stop dps for a few seconds and let him get that final toss in

You misunderstood what he's saying. He's not saying the player is teleported to the middle of the platform and falls to his death, he's saying the player is teleported to the entranced of the encounter.

This week, we had an enormous amount of bugs on Soa, while last week we had none. Two weeks ago, massive amounts of bugs.

Inb4 "you're not doing the encounter correctly." We are.

Inb4 "blah blah poopsickle blah." Not to be elitist, but any kind of those troll comments have no bearing on me. Top world WoW raiders etc.

This isn't e-peen building, this is "dont insult me with asking me to unplug my router from the wall for 30 seconds" kind of information. We know what we're doing.

On to the bugs!

Lightning Orbs not exploding on contact.

Example: Orbs on Player 1 and Player 2. Player 1 pops his orb, leaving only player 2 and his orb. Player 2 isolates himself away from the raid, and lets the orb close in. Player 2 runs through the orb, and it doesn't explode. Player 2 tries again, it doesn't explode again. The third time of running through the orb, it finally explodes.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended.

Starting off by stating that we know the difference of when a combat resurrection is available to use, and when it isn't. Not having the debuff, I expect that we should be able to use the abilities of the classes we bring. "Target cannot benefit" is the error we receive most. An inquisitor Vanish and out of combat resurrection also yields the "Target cannot benefit" bug.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended pt2.

Imperial Agent Operative Resuscitation Probe will resurrect a fallen player, however, The sorcerer Reanimation will not raise an ally. On some fights, the Sorcerer Reanimation will work, but the Resuscitation Probe will not.

Real Life Example: Player popping his lightning orb gets knocked down to 50%. He is on cooldown from the Sorc shield, so he could not negate a large portion of the damage. Immedietely, he is picked for Toss. Knowing he is going to die, I tell both the Operative and Sorcerer to be ready to battle res. Player lands, dies. Operative tries to res, "Cannot benefit." Sorcerer tries to res, and it works! On other attempts, the Sorcerer res will get the "cannot benefit" line, but the Operative resurrection will go through no problem.

In some circumstances, we have an Inquisitor Assassin vanish/cloak and attempt an out of combat resurrection (to save the battle res for later). Sometimes this works as intended. Sometimes RNG gets us via a toss or mind trap, interrupting the process. This is fine, as it's part of fight design. However, sometimes the out of combat res getting the "cannot benefit" bug, is not part of fight design. Especially when the Operative tries to res afterwards, and cannot. But the sorcerer is actually able to get the Reanimation off.

Combat Resurrection not working as intended p3.

This isn't limited to Soa, but to Resurrection in general. Some times when a player is raised, it will not bring him back into the battle. Instead, it teleports him to outside the instance, away from the fight. We killed Soa on an attempt where this actually occured, and the played involved had to run back into the operation, and fall 5,000 meters to his death so he could receive loot.

Platforms, Mind Traps.

Two weeks ago we constantly had this issue. If people are stuck in Mind Trap when the fight ends, there was a high percentage chance that the platforms would not respawn. We just got in the habit of resetting the instance after every wipe. We shouldn't have to do this, however. There needs to be a debuff that kills people inside Mind Trap after X amount of time (45-60 seconds?) to allow the fight to properly reset.

Toss.

People getting tossed and not landing in the middle is a rare issue. I can't touch on this much since it hasn't happened to us more than once.

Toss , Lightning Orb combo

If the person targeted by Lightning Orb simultaneously gets picked by Toss, the orb will go to the middle and evade away. This isn't usually a problem, but it can align itself to where the Orb is trying to evade in the middle, when the person lands from the Toss. Toss land damage + instant orb explosion = unnecessary RNG death. This is not fun, this is not "part of the fight." Getting hit for 20k+ for not doing anything wrong is not proper fight design.

Corpse bug

If someone dies in phase 2, but a combat resurrection isn't available yet due to debuff, the body falls to the bottom of the arena for phase 3. However, the body isn't visible for several minutes. Engaging Soa at 29% for p3, the body is not visible. However, by the time Soa reaches 10% or so, the body is now visible where it should have been for the duration of phase 3. Need to fix the X Y Z axis issues with corpses dying on phase 2.

Pillars.

Pillars can and will hit Soa smack in the forehead, and his shield will not break. He will be dead center of the fissured ground, and his shield will not break. If he is not enraged, the tank just eats the pillar too to make sure that it goes off. Tank will take the 40% damage from the pillar, but Soa's shield remains intact.

Also, there have be instances where the tank and Soa will not get hit by the pillar despite being within 5 meters of the Fissure, however, a player that is 20+ meters away from the Fissure markings will instantly be killed by the pillar.

Soa, 5 meters away : No shield breaking.

Bounty Hunter, 20 meters away : Dead.

Charged pylons.

One attempt this week, Soa decided to not drop his shield stacks during the platform transition. We start on the west side, work our way down, and kill every pylon. Despite killing every single pylon (8-9?), we got to the bottom to discover that Soa still had 3 stacks of his Lightning Shield.

We've now, again, established that every single ability of Soa's is bugged. This is depressing, because Soa is an extremely fun fight. It's a complex fight. But it feels like the programming was far too complex for whoever was in charge of this encounter.

A fight shouldn't have -every single mechanic- bugged in some way, three months after release, and multiple months prior of beta testing. It's irresponsible.

And just for the lulz, other bugs we encountered this week:

Gharj skipped everything this week. Thus, no adds, no platform switching, no pounce, no frenzy. At the end of the fight, he did a frenzy, and the platform we were supposed to go to was 200 meters away. The rock path was coming from where the main platform SHOULD have been, but wasn't. We had to trek through lava to get to the new platform. At this time, the fight began following typical protocol.

Bonethrasher's 360 degree cleave. We know that in actuality, his body is switching targets faster than the animation can keep up to give the 'illusion' of a 360 degree cleave. It's more of a graphical annoyance than a bug. Solution is to obviously just take yourself out of the fight for 15 seconds while you wait for the debuff to fall off. DPS timer isn't so intense that you can't dip out for a short time.

Foreman Crusher: Boss despawned in the middle of the encounter, resetting himself instantly with the four adds around him.

Edited by Daltin

You misunderstood what he's saying. He's not saying the player is teleported to the middle of the platform and falls to his death, he's saying the player is teleported to the entranced of the encounter.

He's not misunderstanding. The situation shouldn't occur whether the player was falling to his death or being teleported to the entrance of the encounter. It should never be happening.

He's not misunderstanding. The situation shouldn't occur whether the player was falling to his death or being teleported to the entrance of the encounter. It should never be happening.

Yes, he is misunderstanding.

The original post shouldn't have included the "30%" part. You can get tossed from Soa and placed at the entrance if Soa is squatting at 60% HP. It's not the transition toss that's bugging, it's Toss in general.

Edit: Because yes, at 32% , you should hold DPS and allow for the final toss to occur. If you're not doing that, the fight is not being executed correctly.

Edited by Daltin

its humerous that we get 325423958192 wrong answers from people who think they know what they are talking about ...

and ZERO answers from Bioware. on most of these bugs.

My apologies, but you get 3223523528828 complaints from people about guys getting tossed during the transition, those of us who have been killing Soa for 9 or 10 weeks with little to no issues just assume it's another uninformed rant.

This new "bug" is still something I've never seen and considering how quickly we were raiding and killing him there aren't many people with more experience/pulls on Soa. It's hard to take every new "bug" report seriously sometimes when you just absolutely don't run into any of them on any attempt on any difficulty.

It's like complaints about people on pylons claiming we're just "lucky" and that the workarounds don't always work...you know they work 100% of the time for you, other guilds on your server, and other people posting. But random player_117 says it doesn't work for them, so we should just take them at their word it's a bug and not something they are causing themselves.

its humerous that we get 325423958192 wrong answers from people who think they know what they are talking about ...

and ZERO answers from Bioware. on most of these bugs.

If you're insinuating that none of the above bugs are legitimate, I'm going to kindly chuckle to myself.

The reason why Bioware doesn't respond to most Soa threads is because they're probably more embarrassed about Soa than we are frustrated about him. Cmon, every single ability he has has a bug associated with it. Despite several patch notes of "Soa is fixed" all his previous issues are retained, along with new bugs. Every time.

Edited by Daltin

The weirdest thing that happened to my group today in nightmare EV was our tank being snatched into mindtrap before Soa even managed to land after second phase transition. Also we've been experiencing bugs mentioned above. Balls not blowing properly is the most annoying thing though.

If you're insinuating that none of the above bugs are legitimate, I'm going to kindly chuckle to myself.

The reason why Bioware doesn't respond to most Soa threads is because they're probably more embarrassed about Soa than we are frustrated about him. Cmon, every single ability he has has a bug associated with it. Despite several patch notes of "Soa is fixed" all his previous issues are retained, along with new bugs. Every time.

He's right though. MY guild has downed soa 2 or 3 times now and the only REAL problem we've been having is the RNG of getting hit by balls and getting thrown around right after. other than that everythings been working fine

I left out an "issue" as well. There was a time where a Mindtrap went out, but no one was sucked into it. The DPS got the Mind Trap to 20% before I actually got ported inside. I loaded the inside, and then instantly loaded out of it due to the Mind Trap's death. This is one bug i didn't mind!

He's right though. MY guild has downed soa 2 or 3 times now and the only REAL problem we've been having is the RNG of getting hit by balls and getting thrown around right after. other than that everythings been working fine

I'll say the same thing to you that i've said to other people.

I'm glad your guild isn't having the issues with Soa's massive Bug Mode Difficulty. It doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

Just like people who experienced loot distribution issues in Flash Points, who said "Lol RNG is RNG" don't understand the mathematical significance of what is/was actually happening. A static 25% chance resulting in the same 1-25 roll 13 times consecutively reaches the MILLIONS of chances of happening, and it was happening on a daily basis.

Just like the people who said Master Looter was bugged, but people chimed in "lol I got Rakata gear idk *** u talking about" , Those people were clearly on Free For All and didn't understand that yes, Master Looter WAS indeed bugged.

And, unfortunately, Soa has a massive and documented list of bugs. Sometimes you only get 1 per attempt, sometimes you get multiples.

Consider yourself fortunate that you've never experienced the "Cannot Benefit" resurrection bug from Combat Res, and Out of Combat Resurrections.

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of instances where these bugs are occurring , but not being reported. Not everyone uses the forums. Someone has to stick up for the people that don't know any better, and that person is going to be me.

I'll say the same thing to you that i've said to other people.

I'm glad your guild isn't having the issues with Soa's massive Bug Mode Difficulty. It doesn't mean the problem isn't there.

Just like people who experienced loot distribution issues in Flash Points, who said "Lol RNG is RNG" don't understand the mathematical significance of what is/was actually happening. A static 25% chance resulting in the same 1-25 roll 13 times consecutively reaches the MILLIONS of chances of happening, and it was happening on a daily basis.

Just like the people who said Master Looter was bugged, but people chimed in "lol I got Rakata gear idk *** u talking about" , Those people were clearly on Free For All and didn't understand that yes, Master Looter WAS indeed bugged.

And, unfortunately, Soa has a massive and documented list of bugs. Sometimes you only get 1 per attempt, sometimes you get multiples.

Consider yourself fortunate that you've never experienced the "Cannot Benefit" resurrection bug from Combat Res, and Out of Combat Resurrections.

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of instances where these bugs are occurring , but not being reported. Not everyone uses the forums. Someone has to stick up for the people that don't know any better, and that person is going to be me.

No no, i do understand an we've had bugs too mostly on pylons though, but i find it weird how we down him everyweek and never have these problems :( Sucks for everyone that does though

We've downed him on hard mode for about 4-5 weeks straight from january. First try took about 20 attempts, then every other attempt was done in 1-2 wipes at most. After those few weeks we haven't been able to down him again without major issues. I've seen pylons drop PERFECTLY on him and not remove shield; i've seen people die on the other side of the room in p3 when pylons drop; i've seen him in p2 with all 5 Aoe stacks, when we've killed every single pylon on our way before he absorbs them; every single time someone dies p2-p3, its a 99% wipe beause we CANNOT rez AT ALL in p3, even if we don't have the debuff, because said player isnt there. If someone is in the air when p2 ends and p3 starts, he ends up on the bottom floor, unable to do anything, and we can't see him. Lots of issues that we did not have when we did down him.

While this fight is a matter of skill, its also a matter of luck to not get the existing bugs.

Edited by KinkyFluff

If Bioware could rewind time, their simplest solution to Soa would be to say "Soa is so complex that his fight changes every week."

It would be exactly the same as what we're doing now, but the hardcore idiots would have something to hang their hats on about the "planned difficulty" of the fight.

I would suggest that the sheer randomness of a lot of the events in this encounter is a signifier of very poor development and planning. I also would suggest that, once that actual bugs are fixed, some time is spent attempting to make random deaths and such impossible. Edited by svartalfimposter

I would suggest that the sheer randomness of a lot of the events in this encounter is a signifier of very poor development and planning. I also would suggest that, once that actual bugs are fixed, some time is spent attempting to make random deaths and such impossible.

Aside from bugs that some people experience, the only thing that is random in this fight is who he's targeting to mind trap, toss in the air, and lightning balls. The fight even tells you now who the lightning balls are targeting. Timers might help some people, but nothing is so random as to make this fight impossible or even that hard really.

We got bugged on Gharj saturday night doing EV regular mode. The trash mobs in the tunnel before Gharj, we pulled them out the entrance to the tunnel and used pushbacks to knock the trash mobs into the pit. Quicker than killing them.

Well when we got into Gharj after some time the platform just completely disappeared and we were all left standing in lava, no rocks to another platform, nothing. First time I've seen that happen