Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not. Its not dictating, you should probably learn the definition.

Its suggesting other ways to achieve things in game. The fact you can't quote me on just one thing where I tell other players how to spend their money shows that you are wrong, sir.

It's only a suggestion the first time.

Continually telling people how to play in several threads and posts?

That's dictating.

And threatening to report people who do not agree with you?

Abuse of power.

Basically, you are the forum equivalent of a certain famous dictator who believed he had a right to tell people how to be and then threatened to remove any who disagreed with him by using the law to his advantage.

That's right.

You're Emperor Palpatine.

And there's only one way to deal with wicked like that.

*picks up Ayelinna and throws her down an exhaust shaft*

*falls to knees in TheNahash's arms*

That was...pretty wizard, wasn't, my son?

From reading your replies to multiple threads, I've noticed you're one of those people (and there are plenty in this forum) who are okay with accepting mediocrity with this game?

As it turns out, I am ok with a lot of things in this game. I paid for it, I sub to it, and I support the CM $200 at a time. Unlike most of the players in this forum, I understand that it is what it is. I can ask for a feature request or bug fix like an adult. Most of the "feedback" given is written as "It's still broke BWEA. Way to get right on that and fix it! GG!"

An adult would simply create a thread, express their feedback in a mature and adult fashion, and then follow the results to see if/when the issue is resolved. Players need to act like adults. I prefer the game's mediocrity to their stupidity.

It's only a suggestion the first time.

Continually telling people how to play in several threads and posts?

Please quote me where I told another player how to play this game MY way.

And threatening to report people who do not agree with you?

Abuse of power.

Please quote me where I reported someone for not agreeing with my opinion.

Fact is, you're wrong. You can't quote me because there is no quote. The fact i'm still here doesn't tell you something?

That I haven't broken any rules (apart from being a little bit off topic, then again almost everyone does). Thanks, good day. :)

i was expecting to get another useless mount that i would probably never use. Worse would have been a pet. 500CC is so much better than either of those (or both together)

I would have to agree, some people may or may not use the mount. But the mount would be something unique to subscribers only, where as Cartel Coins can be used and purchased by anyone. This is what the whole thread is about.

Some people feel this is just lazy, underwhelming to get 500cc when they could have put a lot more thought into something else.

It had to be done. Sorry :/

No, it did not and you are not sorry in the least from the looks of it.

As many have stated, gamer entitlement knows no bounds.

You seem to think few 'see your point'. I think most see it quite clearly, yet since the point is silly at best and entitled whining for the most part, many posters disagree with said point; it matters not if the disagreement is couched in a manner you prefer, especially due to the manner in which you couched your displeasure.

Your point is clear, you think subscribers are more valuable than those whose only spend money in the form of cartel coins and should be rewarded. I and many here, disagree. I think it would a waste of resources to make items, titles, anything subscriber only at this point. The money is to be made in cartel coins and if you don't like that, it really is your problem, not anyone else's.

i was expecting to get another useless mount that i would probably never use. Worse would have been a pet. 500CC is so much better than either of those (or both together)

Agreed.

That said, the problem here is really one of differences in taste. Some people would love some unique item, mount, skin, etc. To them, getting CC coins is a disappointment. On the other hand, there are those like ForsakenKing or myself here who couldn't care less about that stuff and are thrilled to have extra CC coins. In the end, regardless of what was offered some folks would wish it was something else.

This is largely the "conflict" that we find with MMOs in general - its very difficult to please everyone, and so there will always be someone to be unhappy about any one given instance. As a result, when there are forums, there will always be someone to complain on them about any given offering a developer provides.

Unfortunately, the only real solution is not one which is likely to be adhered to by most folks in any online community: patience and reasonableness. Realize that this current offering may not be for you, but the next time round you may like what is presented where others do not. You may have hated the Gree event, but love the upcoming bounty one, for example - or vice versa.

Then you like to pretend to be pretending? Seriously everyone knows that the cake is but a lie!

Mind! BLOWN!!!!

Ok, the cake was a lie. I do however, like to roll myself in my duvet and pretend I'm a puff pastry :D

Edited by chimex

basically, you are the forum equivalent of a certain famous dictator who believed he had a right to tell people how to be and then threatened to remove any who disagreed with him by using the law to his advantage.

That's right.

You're emperor palpatine.

roflmao!

Agreed.

That said, the problem here is really one of differences in taste. Some people would love some unique item, mount, skin, etc. To them, getting CC coins is a disappointment. On the other hand, there are those like ForsakenKing or myself here who couldn't care less about that stuff and are thrilled to have extra CC coins. In the end, regardless of what was offered some folks would wish it was something else.

This is largely the "conflict" that we find with MMOs in general - its very difficult to please everyone, and so there will always be someone to be unhappy about any one given instance. As a result, when there are forums, there will always be someone to complain on them about any given offering a developer provides.

Unfortunately, the only real solution is not one which is likely to be adhered to by most folks in any online community: patience and reasonableness. Realize that this current offering may not be for you, but the next time round you may like what is presented where others do not. You may have hated the Gree event, but love the upcoming bounty one, for example - or vice versa.

It would oviously have been way too much work, but It would've been cool if we'd received a token that can be traded in for let's say one of three items OR the 500cc grant.

This is so true and (seemingly) so simple, yet it seems that 90% of the people complaining fail to understand that not everything revolves around them and what they would've liked.

I myself won't be bashing over this Bioware. Free CC are nice. Thanks.

That said I am a bit dissapointed. I actually tought they'd do something acutally fun. From a time perspective even the damn anniversary fireworks seem to be a better thing compared to CC. :rolleyes: I'd think Bioware would show some creativity in giving candy to subs. An emote, a mount or something. Instead we got... CC yeah.

Sadly this is the way that F2P games must go :(

Like Legacy Unlocks and Appearance Kiosk and....

Sorry, that's the only two things. So the number of things you spoke of is two things. Well, I guess two is a number.

Too bad that almost no one thinks making changes on the Appearance Kiosk is worth CC in the first place, unless you got a special unlock and have to use it to change to that. And too bad almost everyone would rather unlock their Legacy stuff with credits so they can save their CC for stuff that you can't do or get with credits.

:cool:

You can't say those are the only 2 things because those 2 things involve a ton of stuff. Everything in this game is practically coin based (and alternately credit based). The great part about this gift is that I can choose to spend it however.

I don't want some crummy pet or star fighter model. That crap is so worthless. TO ME. Now I can get what I want.