Appearance Designer Kiosk Bug?

Valkain

Hello all,

Just went and changed my appearance at the Appearance Designer Kiosk. It took my Cartel Coins for the change, but didn't make the changes to my toon. Is it bugged? Or does it take some time for it to appear?

You should see the changes when you exit the kiosk. For example, if you change your hair color, when you exit the kios your character will have the new hair color. If this is the case, then it is bug. Try log out and back. If that does not work shutdown the client and restart. If that doesn't work, put in a ticket.

• 4 years later...
Hello all,

Just went and changed my appearance at the Appearance Designer Kiosk. It took my Cartel Coins for the change, but didn't make the changes to my toon. Is it bugged? Or does it take some time for it to appear?

Sorry for the nekro but im literally having the same bug I tried it again just to see on the other designer kiosk if it worked and it did and now im really sad cause it charged me 2x is there a way to unbug it or will I have to contact support? :(

You'll have to contact cs,

As ^^ says, but use the email address support@swtor.com .Unfortunately the ticket system , most of the time is slower, and doesn't always sort out the issues, where as mailing the support, most of the time is quick, and fixes the issues

*most of the time, not all, but they are pretty good.

Edited by DarkTergon

Oh, it's bugged alright...it takes Cartel Coins for any kind of change to your appearance. I mean, c'mon...really? There are cash grabs, and there are desperately pathetic cash grabs...and then there's fifty feet of Disney...and below that, there's charging CC for appearance changes. :rolleyes:

can't blame disney, this was in the game before they took over :D it's all on EA/BW ;)

Oh, it's bugged alright...it takes Cartel Coins for any kind of change to your appearance. I mean, c'mon...really? There are cash grabs, and there are desperately pathetic cash grabs...and then there's fifty feet of Disney...and below that, there's charging CC for appearance changes. :rolleyes:

Yes, heaven forbid that BW should try to make enough money to want to keep the game alive. How selfish of them. They should just shut SWTOR down completely so they're not accused of any 'cash grabs'.

[/sarcasm]

Sorry for the nekro but im literally having the same bug I tried it again just to see on the other designer kiosk if it worked and it did and now im really sad cause it charged me 2x is there a way to unbug it or will I have to contact support? :(

You could've made a new thread yourself really. MMOs are constantly changing and as a general rule of thumb I'd say any thread that's 6-12 months or longer ago, would be too old to necro. The issues of the past may or may not be the same issues of today and have a very different context.

In the end though it's a matter for CS and you may want to call them considering it's a bug that cost you cartel coins.

You could've made a new thread yourself really. MMOs are constantly changing and as a general rule of thumb I'd say any thread that's 6-12 months or longer ago, would be too old to necro. The issues of the past may or may not be the same issues of today and have a very different context.

In the end though it's a matter for CS and you may want to call them considering it's a bug that cost you cartel coins.

The problem is, when people do start threads, some smart *** points out that one already exist, etc...lol

Sometimes it's hard to know whether to necro, or begin new. But yup, ringing, or emailing is the best option. I wouldn't waste time on the ticket system.

Yes, heaven forbid that BW should try to make enough money to want to keep the game alive. How selfish of them. They should just shut SWTOR down completely so they're not accused of any 'cash grabs'.

[/sarcasm]

There's a difference between 1) generating revenue, and 2) nickel-and-diming something to death.

It's the reason Pizza Hut won't charge you extra for napkins.

There's a difference between 1) generating revenue, and 2) nickel-and-diming something to death.

It's the reason Pizza Hut won't charge you extra for napkins.

That's because you NEED napkins when you are eating, at least most people do.

But you don't NEED to change how you look. It would be like going in to a chemist and demanding make up for free*.

Sometime you can actually get free makes overs, with special promotions, etc. Or if you are buying stuff. But most of the time, not

That's because you NEED napkins when you are eating, at least most people do.

But you don't NEED to change how you look. It would be like going in to a chemist and demanding make up for free*.

Sometime you can actually get free makes overs, with special promotions, etc. Or if you are buying stuff. But most of the time, not

That would actually be a nice guesture once in a while, 1 week of free make-overs or something