Who did you pick for you're XO?

DragonAgeOrgins

Aric is not a good choice. Go back and start a new trooper. See how far into the mission on Ord Mantell you get before you decide that this guy should never be put into a position of power again.

Elara makes an excellent XO. She's professional and well disciplined, and good with regulations and paperwork. She makes a phenomenal foil for the Trooper, handling the sorts of things you shouldn't need to.

Aric, while a good soldier, is not a good leader, and shouldn't be put in a command position again.

After some thought I ended up going with Dorne, for the following reasons:

1. The XO handles the paperwork. What are the odds that Jorgan's going to sit down and complete all five copies of form 51-849920/A-2 after a mission to explain why it was absolutely essential for me to hotwire a speeder and crash it into a cantina, whirling a bunch of satchel charges over my head like a set of bolas while singing all nineteen verses of "The Emperor's Staff Has a Knob on the End"?

1a. Jorgan might actually think that was a good plan.

2. Ditto requisitions. Do I really need to be halfway through a mission and discover that we're out of grenades because Jorgan lost his temper with the supply officers?

3. An entire unit (bar the FNG) defected right under his nose. This says many things to me, but "On the ball" really isn't one of them. I might have covered for him with the Senate, but I personally think that given the amount of planning that defection must have taken, he should have at least had a clue.

4. It's never particularly good form to have a relationship with someone under your command, but it's a lot less dodgy to boff another officer than an NCO. Promoting Dorne saves me from a Fraternisation charge.

Edited by Shinybum

After some thought I ended up going with Dorne, for the following reasons:

1. The XO handles the paperwork. What are the odds that Jorgan's going to sit down and complete all five copies of form 51-849920/A-2 after a mission to explain why it was absolutely essential for me to hotwire a speeder and crash it into a cantina, whirling a bunch of satchel charges over my head like a set of bolas while singing all nineteen verses of "The Emperor's Staff Has a Knob on the End"?

1a. Jorgan might actually think that was a good plan.

2. Ditto requisitions. Do I really need to be halfway through a mission and discover that we're out of grenades because Jorgan lost his temper with the supply officers?

3. An entire unit (bar the FNG) defected right under his nose. This says many things to me, but "On the ball" really isn't one of them. I might have covered for him with the Senate, but I personally think that given the amount of planning that defection must have taken, he should have at least had a clue.

4. It's never particularly good form to have a relationship with someone under your command, but it's a lot less dodgy to boff another officer than an NCO. Promoting Dorne saves me from a Fraternisation charge.

smart man, I picked Dorne mostly because im a EMPIRE main. And her empire ways are what im looking for as a Dark TROOPER. Even with that being said i think i would have picked her anyway. How could Havoc sqaud done all that, plans and details and aric didnt notice anything? With the fact that he treated me like crap to begin with. I dont need an dumb XO.

Honestly, I'm like the only guy in the game who had no problems with Jorgan. I had no problems with him on Ord Mantell. The guy is a gruff CO. I'm a gung ho trooper. I picked Dorne though just because I felt her by the books approach was a better way to go. Also, I felt she had distinguished herself in the field. Dorne is a good healer. I felt Aric was a pretty squishy DPS guy.

On the one I hand I think Elara is more qualified for the executive officer position with her perfectionism and her deep knowledge of every regulation, on the other I felt bad for Jorgan because of what happened to him in the prologue, so I asked them why they should get the promotion, Jorgan just said he should because he once was a lieutenant and thus is qualified while Dorne reinforced what I mentioned above and pointed out that as a former imperial she knows their tactics inside and out, which I agreed with so she got the promotion.

Which I think it's the best choice because choosing someone because of prior history rather than current potential is never the best thing to do, I just hope I can give Jorgan a promotion eventually, don't want him to become Havoc's Harry Kim.

I´m not sure i would thrust Jorgan to take a former Havoc squad member as prisoner. It´s not so much the heckeling he did on starter planet, it´s all "the boohoo i didn´t deserve this" + "i hate all the former Havoc squad members"

He´s just a bit too emotionall for my liking as XO.

Then there´s Elara. Former imperial soldier. Heer by the books ways might work well. Still she was imperial and i´m not 100% i´d like my XO to be X-imperial. Who knows what kinda relations she might have on imperial side with some emotional bind on her. Also, how good is she to think on the go. To make new plans when the old plans gets FUBAR.

i picked Elara. I asked both why they should get promoted, and Jorgen was shocked that i would ask. Clearly he was the better XO material. Getting emotional again instead of just pointing out his strong sides was what tipped the scales in Elaras favor.

I love my 4X, i can allways count on him to hate all imperial scum. Definedtly my favorite trooper companion. I cant promote him though, and he´d probably make a bad XO anyways. Emotions are bad for an XO, and hating all imperial scum is kinda emotional.

Vik, no way. He´d abuse power as XO and i would never thrust him to do anything without trying to angle it in some way so he could make some extra profit.

Yuun. He doesn´t seem to be enough trooper, but setting that aside he´d probably be my pick.(i know you cant pick him ofc.) He get things done even if his approch migh be a bit strange alot of the time. He seems to be a proffesional without getting too emotional or getting too "everything-must-be-by-the-book"

I haven't reached that point yet, but I plan to promote Jorgan.

Elara is the companion I use, and it'd be a bad decision from a long-term strategic standpoint to have the first and second in command running around together, facing the same dangers, without backup. If my Trooper wound up KIA, having his second-in-command there to get KIA along with him would be dumb. The second-in-command needs to be ready to step in and take charge. This is Star Wars, not Star Trek.

Besides, I plan to romance Elara, and it looks really bad for a commander to promote his girlfriend over the unjustly-demoted veteran.

Edited by nateslice

I promoted Dorne as mentioned earlier. Then on the last mission of Chapter 2, she gives the mission briefing which I would expect out of an XO. I'm assuming if I had picked Jorgan, he'd have been the one up there. However during a cut scene on the mission she refers to herself as Sergeant Dorne. Shouldn't she be a Lieutenant? What's up with that?

I've promoted Elara.

1) I'm Medic witch means Aric is all the time with me in "hot spot" would be whise to promote him.

2) Also Aric is to "hot blooded".

3) Elara for some unkown reason like to be burocrat so why not let her do what she likes and take this from my shoulders?

4) Happy wife happy life If You know what I'm saying. ;)

B.R.

Leigabar