Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dual Spec: Let's Talk about it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Dual Spec: Let's Talk about it.

Infleto
04.10.2012 , 07:05 PM | #481
Give me dual spec now plez, I want to pvp and PvE

ScarletBlaze
04.10.2012 , 07:08 PM | #482
And if you never plan on pvp? And no I'm not saying dual specs are bad for those that do that but for those that have no intention of ever pvping?
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

SuperSair
04.10.2012 , 07:37 PM | #483
People are going to be switching between specs anyway. Dual Spec will just make it so people don't rage on forums about the cost and inconvenience.

What is wrong with making people happy?
Duct tape is like the Force, it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Toogeloo
04.11.2012 , 02:33 AM | #484
The main problem with Dual Spec will now be maintaining gear efficiency on both specs.

plokolplok
04.14.2012 , 11:25 PM | #485
For me, the ONLY two things about dual speccing is that players MAY not know how to play the secondary spec that s/he rolled, and that they most likely will not have the proper gear for their secondary spec, especially at endgame.
If dual specs are allowed, players will have a tendency to make a healer/tank/dps spec JUST SO they can get into FP's/ops. That's even if they don't have the proper gear/stats, or if they have absolutely NO idea what they are/will be doing.

But other than that, dual speccing is VERY benificial to most players and the community itself.

- Players will enjoy how the other specs for their advance class works, without re-rolling the same content all over again. Been there, done that. I mean, I've made TWO sages just to experience the dps and heals specs. AND NO, IT'S NOT FUN.

- Of course dual speccing should, and again, SHOULD only be within the same AC. Specs and builds between different AC's are very very different, and if you want to try the other spec, you would really need to re-roll that character and start from the beginning so you can gradually learn the AC-specific skills and mechanics. But for different specs within the same AC, you would essentially have the same skills that are just enhanced by some talents.

- I still haven't maxed out the levels for both of my sages, and as much as I want to level them more, I'm getting bored by technically using the same skills and doing the same quests. I also made a lowbie shadow tank/dps but that, I've enjoyed. I really loved the new mechanics for the consular: going stealth, being more melee, tanking, etc.. And playing a Shadow really makes you see the same content differently than that while playing as a Sage. I was surprised on how the experience changed even if it was the same Consular questing and storyline content. But no, nothing much changes if you reroll the same AC. Dual speccing will save you alot of everything.

- It will allow dynamic playstyles for a lot of players. More often than not, this will help people that are LFG/LFM, if they get a decent player that really knows how to heal/tank/deal damage. (But we already have that in ther game, skill resets.) Yes, I know that, but for the sake of the majority of the playerbase and the community, lets ask ourselves: would it be more beneficial if we were to have a little button that will do in a single click, something that you would do with miles of travelling, ages waiting/respeccing, and loads of credits to achieve the same thing?

- There's a difference with dumbing down things, and making things more convenient and beneficial. For example, implementing a one-button macros is dumbing down things over 9000, but enabling mouseover-targetting macros is convenient and beneficial, especially for healers. Dual-speccing does not dumb things down.

- How about pure PvE'rs? Don't they get a use for dual specs? Well the specs are definetely not limited to a Tank/Heals spec and then a DPS spec, or a PvP spec and a PvE spec. You can mix and match different specs whether it's for PvP/PvE, tanking/healing/DPSing, or if a certain spec suits your playstyle (say, a spec on the same tree but with a few tweaks to suit what you need, like mobility/survivability vs damage-dealing)

- And lastly, Guild/raid expectation: Say you are DPS by heart. But your guild badly needs a Tank/heals. At this time without dual specs, what do you do if you badly wanted to join an Operation? You respec and get your appropriate gear if any, right? Or if you really don't want to be a tank, you stay as DPS and cry in the corner, right?

Well, let's say Dual Specs are implemented. But you are DPS by heart. Then, your guild badly needs a Tank/heals. So, what do you do if you badly wanted to join an Operation? You respec and get your appropriate gear if any, right? Or if you really don't want to be a tank, you stay as DPS and cry in the corner, right?

Yes, I copy+pasted. The ONLY difference is that without dual specs, you run back to the fleet, respec, then allot talent points. With dual spec, it will only be a push of a button, and maybe an activation time and even maybe a long cooldown.

--
Again, as an alternative to dual speccing, I already tried to reroll a character, and although I liked that up to some point, (yes I was able to play a DPS and a healer and enjoyed playing that), creating two characters of the same AC, JUST to "experience" the other spec, is REALLY NOT FUN in the long run. With the limited char space per server, linear storyline, SAME GEAR TYPE you need, and alot more things, a Dual-Spec System will yield a better experience of the game.

plokolplok
04.14.2012 , 11:29 PM | #486
Aaanyway, yes they said dual specs will be implemented soon, so let's just hope SWTOR will have one that rocks.

Nemmar
04.15.2012 , 05:15 AM | #487
In my opinion this is in high demand. The reason why is the Operations. Some need 2 tanks, some dont.

While so far you could get away with a DPS in tanking gear or just heavy gear taunting for a while, that is no longer the case on Denova. If you dont have a second tank specced tank you're gonna struggle a bit.

I am actually playing the role of off-tank but im actually a DPS. Were starting hardmode Denova soon and i am dreading whats coming given i already got battered on normal mode.
If i had dual spec i could easily swap to tank spec without having to feel too bad about it.

The main issue is that ALL fights need to need 2 tanks or none. This whole limbo creates a problem to players like me.

Zangonest
04.15.2012 , 06:10 PM | #488
They definitely need dual specing. I like to PvP and PvE at the same time you know..

Rompdomp
04.16.2012 , 12:25 PM | #489
I really enjoyed Rift's talent system, it was fun being able to mess around and create new hybrid specs, plus you could have a spec for almost every situation if you were the right class. That being said I can understand why some people think it would erode the integrity of the current system. It is more just personal preference. I lvl'd up as a medic spec op and it really wasn't bad at all. On my server there are a good number of healers and tanks leveling up so getting groups is easy, plus its an excuse to add somebody to your friends list and increase the social aspect of the game. Therefore, I think the game is fine without it, but it will be a nice quality of life improvement when they do add it.

wolfmith
04.18.2012 , 11:51 AM | #490
PvP and PvE Specs are different in most classes. People should be able to swap between them without needing to waste tons of credits on the NPC.
Slancerk | Wolfmith
Kyrar Kote Legions Of Lettow
Proud PvP Player -
981h of playtime (26/05) powered by ASUS ROG G74SX