Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On Tacos and Tattoos

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AlienEyeTX
02.09.2017 , 07:33 PM | #111
Best of luck, Tait.

Certainly can't blame you for leaving (just like us players!) if you want a change of pace. But why in the world are you leaving the place just named the best city to live in in America?

BTW, everyone else, it really is.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

kimiko_tomiyama
02.09.2017 , 07:49 PM | #112
For whatever reasons, you are leaving. It is always good to leave on your own terms. Good luck.

SirUrza
02.09.2017 , 10:38 PM | #113
Best of luck to you Tait. Thanks for everything you do.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Jedi_riches
02.10.2017 , 01:32 AM | #114
Should this not be in off topic with the rest of the I'm leaving' threads?

I'm joking, but seriously best of luck.

Do we know anything about your replacement yet? Is it someone being promoted internally but then again that should probably be a new thread entirely.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

t-darko
02.10.2017 , 04:12 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post

"What are you doing now, Tait?"

Hmm, Tait my man,I just remembered so I've been reviewing some of my notes from the the wz'(Yup I keep those). I'm quite sure U harassed me once or twice in those wz' to the degree that I made a rage ticket, dunno which server it was tho.

You gonna keep visiting us?

grania
02.10.2017 , 06:58 AM | #116
Anyone see the thread title and misread it as "Tacos on Tatooine"? Just me? >.>

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Extinctionzone
02.10.2017 , 07:41 AM | #117
Long time lurker, and ban hammer avoider troll Best of luck Tait, us Aussies will miss you. thanks for the shiz and giggles. all the best mate

Extinctionzone
02.10.2017 , 08:04 AM | #118
@Tait

Man! , you were the egg to the pancake, the bonding agent..... the "stream team" was nothing without lurkier Taitius Maximus... freeing the people from the bonds of slavery and awarding accordingly. Giving us free stuff during times of oppression (no offense fake Arcann aka Musco)

You will be missed

Fark man. just have fun. enjoy your new adventure #trollface the old.

DONT TURN BACK ....

otherwise you are fair game #Harbinger

EricMusco
02.10.2017 , 09:26 AM | #119 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
Should this not be in off topic with the rest of the I'm leaving' threads?
I made that joke to Tait when he made the post, straight to off-topic .

Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
Do we know anything about your replacement yet? Is it someone being promoted internally but then again that should probably be a new thread entirely.
It is impossible to replace our Taiters!

As Tait mentioned, his responsibilities are only in part on the Community team so it isn't quite as simple as just hiring a new person for that role. In the short term, his Community team functions such as patch notes and maintenance messaging will go to me. Looking forward we will look at how to handle those responsibilities. Whether that means hiring someone new or shifting it to someone internally, we'll see.

-eric

PS - Be afraid, maintenance times will never be correct ever again. Timezones are my weakness.
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Andryah
02.10.2017 , 11:22 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I made that joke to Tait when he made the post, straight to off-topic .

It is impossible to replace our Taiters!

As Tait mentioned, his responsibilities are only in part on the Community team so it isn't quite as simple as just hiring a new person for that role. In the short term, his Community team functions such as patch notes and maintenance messaging will go to me. Looking forward we will look at how to handle those responsibilities. Whether that means hiring someone new or shifting it to someone internally, we'll see.

-eric

PS - Be afraid, maintenance times will never be correct ever again. Timezones are my weakness.
No more vacations or even sick time for you I guess.

Seriously though..... one person, responsible for all customer facing communications, is insufficient for the size of this MMO and it's player population. It is simply not possible to do this well at that staffing level.

You don't need the army the studio had at launch... but you need at least 2 (but preferably 3) people in my view.... you, a right hand person to assist you, and one that works off hours to actively face the EU and AP players who really getting short changed with the difference in time zones and hours. Also, leaving the forum to free roam on weekends and holidays is not very good in my view. You just have to come in and mop up the mess on Monday, or sometimes in the middle of the weekend if the forum has gone all "jello smearing all over the kitchen floor" on you.

Having managed customer facing teams over the years........ I'd be happy to 'splain that to your boss if you like.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.