Prodigal Knight Bundle vs. Infamous Mercenary Bundle are Inconsistent

Sorrai

This post is to voice my frustration, disappointment and expectations on the latest new bundles we've seen added to the Cartel Market.

As of this writing the Infamous Mercenary Bundle and Prodigal Son Bundle are both selling on the Cartel Market for 4,800 CC with the same 25% discount.

The Infamous Mercenary Bundle comes with the following items:

Infamous Mercenary Armor Set (Gold item, 2,100 CC)

Payday Blaster Pistol (Platinum item, 1,800 CC)

Amban JP Blaster Rifle (Platinum item, 2,500 CC)

By comparison the Prodigal Son Bundle only comes with the following:

Jedi Knight Revan's Armor Set (Platinum item, 2,600 CC)

Redeemed Revan's Lightsaber (Platinum item, 3,800 CC)

While the CC value assigned to these bundles amount to an equal total of 6,400 CC each, I find them to be glaringly inconsistent from one another, especially with the Fallen Revan's Lightsaber (Gold item, 1,300 CC) being excluded from what is obviously a Revan-themed "bundle" pack.

As a paying customer, I find the arbitrary nature for how value is assigned to these items very frustrating, especially with these particular products which were released concurrently. For what amounts to the exact same price, a player can receive 1 Gold item 2 Platinum Items with the Infamous Mercenary Bundle, but are only receiving 2 Platinum Items with the Prodigal Son Bundle.

How does this reasoning make sense, especially when a Gold-rated Revan-themed item is released simultaneously but not included in a Revan-themed bundle pack?

When releasing these premium bundle packs I expect consistency and value if I am to consider paying such an exorbitant cost. Two equally priced premium bundle packs should give the same amount of items at the same level of quality.

Edited by Sorrai

While the CC value assigned to these bundles amount to an equal total of 6,400 CC each, I find them to be glaringly inconsistent from one another, especially with the Fallen Revan's Lightsaber (Gold item, 1,300 CC) being excluded from what is obviously a Revan-themed "bundle" pack.

I thought it was *obviously* a "Jedi-Revan" themed bundle, for which the Fallen sabre wouldn't fit.

I thought it was *obviously* a "Jedi-Revan" themed bundle, for which the Fallen sabre wouldn't fit.

You're missing the main point of my post, Steve, which is two premium bundle packs released back-to-back that are priced exactly the same despite one of them containing less than the other. That is the central issue here. I only referenced the Fallen Revan's Lightsaber because it happened to be released at the same time. It was very arbitrary for them to offer 2 Platinum items in one pack while the other has 2 Platinums plus a Gold. If they didn't want to include the Fallen Lightsaber in that pack because it didn't fit their arbitrary Light Side Revan theme then they should have included a "Redeemed Revan" offhand, shoto, or dualsaber instead.

Infamous Mercenary Bundle has 7 gold armor pieces + 2 platinum weapons.

Prodigal Knights Bundle has 9 platinum armor pieces + 1 platinum weapon.

That seems about rigth to me to list these bundles at the same price.

You're equating the number of pieces in a single armor set as being proportional to the price. Even going by that rationale it still doesn't equate to the same value. 2 extra alternate pieces to 1 set of armor doesn't amount to the same value as an additional 3rd, Gold-tiered item. When you start rationalizing on that level it opens the door to all sorts of inconsistencies with armor sets: some sets only have 4-5 pieces. Revan's original armor set doesn't even come with boots. It has only been in recent times that some armors have been including alternate pieces. To me, a couple of extra pieces doesn't justify slapping a price tag that equals another premium bundle pack that offers more.

I disapprove of how arbitrary they have been when assigning value to Cartel items. Doing so undermines the whole point of their Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum tiers.

Edited by Sorrai