Security Key Problems

Quepide

Okay, so I'm currently starting to get really pissed of at this dysfunctional process of getting a security key. I have downloaded the app and logged in on my account on the website, I typed in the serial number given on the computer into the phone. Then, when I write in the security key from the phone to the computer, this comes up:

Sorry, we couldn't find your serial number. Try again?

Does anybody know how to solve this mess? I really want the perks you get from having a security key. I have tried several times to uninstall the app and re-log in to retstart the process, but it doesn't *********** work. I'm starting to lose my gosh darn patience with this...

I have tried to make contact with the useless customer service at EA, but I can't find out how the **** I get hold of them; it's such a sprawling mess of websites that don't give any answers. Would be easier to make contact with my dead ancestors' spirits through an oujia board.

If anybody knows anything about how to solve this I would be endlessly thankful.

Here is the link to the the EA support page for setting up a security key. Perhaps it will help you; perhaps not.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-security-key-faqs

Here is the link to the contact info page for EA support.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=star-wars-the-old-republic&platform=pc&category=technical-support&issue=game-performance&subject=SWTOR&isChannelSelection=true

• 2 weeks later...

I'd definitely give them a phone call. This is the kind of thing that they've helped me out with. Previous responder had the link, but here's the phone # (in U.S.):

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available from 9.00-21.00 CST)

Okay, so I'm currently starting to get really pissed of at this dysfunctional process of getting a security key. I have downloaded the app and logged in on my account on the website, I typed in the serial number given on the computer into the phone. Then, when I write in the security key from the phone to the computer, this comes up:

Sorry, we couldn't find your serial number. Try again?

Does anybody know how to solve this mess? I really want the perks you get from having a security key. I have tried several times to uninstall the app and re-log in to retstart the process, but it doesn't *********** work. I'm starting to lose my gosh darn patience with this...

I have tried to make contact with the useless customer service at EA, but I can't find out how the **** I get hold of them; it's such a sprawling mess of websites that don't give any answers. Would be easier to make contact with my dead ancestors' spirits through an oujia board.

If anybody knows anything about how to solve this I would be endlessly thankful.

use "settings/menu" button/key on your phone, for samsung galaxy s 3 android, its the left button on your phone.

click "settings"

it will open a whole new page of SWTORSK, look carefully down in that screen, "Sync Now" click it.

try again.

This is a VERY common problem with phones+computers, this action will correct server time/clock. If its still not work, then go your phone clock/time/date settings, and disable "use network supported time" and/or vice versa.

Thats why all of this stuff is called "synchronization"

This is your fault because you did not enabled synchronization features on your phone. (Gmail,system,

apps etc) An app requires the correct time/date to work properly. Just like windows clock on your computer. If you put clock older time in your windows, then you will notice Google Chrome,Firefox and/or programs will have outdated issues. For example.

Learn computer basics before insulting to BioWare.

Edited by ShieldProtection

• 1 month later...

The security key authenticator for Android, although updated, creates 6 digits serial number, and I cannot log in the game with it. Please fix it! It's not a matter of Sync the app, it simply does not generates the 8 numbers of the security key.

I had to remove it in order to keep using tha game.

Those keys just generate a numeric password based on an initial "serial number" and the current time. The serial number needs to be known to both sides, and there are two ways how this works:

The physical key fob (no longer sold but still working) generates the 8 digit key with a proprietary algorithm. It has a serial number printed on its back that you have to type in here at swtor.com to initialize the key. After typing in the device's serial number to swtor.com, the server asks for a key in order to adjust the time used for key validation to your device's internal clock.

The app uses a generic algorithm to create a 6 digit key. Here you need to initialize the app by typing the serial number provided by swtor.com into your phone. if it doesn't work, you most likely mistyped and need to reset/reinstall the app. Other apps like Authy or Google authenticator work just as fine and allow you to delete the key and try again without reinstalling.

Edited by Mubrak