Votekicks for lack of PVP gear

Kiesu

So, I am curious.

I'm mostly a PVE player but when I do jump in PVP for change of air, I find it odd how many people scream for votekics if a player doesnt have pvp gear on wz. So how is one supposed to gather WZ comms to buy PVP gear if you are not welcome on WZs in the first place? What am I missing here, not exactly trying to run ranked.

Edited by Kiesu

Well, when the comment goes "Kick these PVE gear *******" there isnt much advice to be taken there :p

Also how does one ignore these screamers when you actually do get kicked for apparently this reason? Its rare but then again I rarely PVP anyway, not sure how common this is among others

Edited by Kiesu

If you initiate combat, they can't kick you. So every time they try to kick, just initiate combat.

Beyond that, don't wear anything higher than 162 rating so you get decent expertise and you'll do fine.

As to ignoring, try /ignore. I have quite a few PVP people on my ignore list. Makes for much more pleasant matches.

A lot of pvers were queuing and doing nothing for the conquest points along with other stigmas, so you cant really blame pvpers for being annoyed.

yes you can. pvpers have been railing on undergeared players long before this conquest **** came about. I understand the frustration. there's some justification to it. but you can't kick someone for that. the solution is to quit yourself if you don't want poorly geared players on your team. which is what the better pvp players seem to do.

A lot of pvers were queuing and doing nothing for the conquest points along with other stigmas, so you cant really blame pvpers for being annoyed.

It has made nodeguarding that much more fun. In a lot of matches I've noticed that every other minute a PvE geared fellow marches to my node with grim determination. Not much of a challenge, but it's better than just watching Target of Target to pass the time.

Most expect you to have pvp'ed at least some in your leveling process and have what they consider to be the acceptable minimum of pvp gear.

The thing is, I lvled my characters years ago, so those comms are long gone at this point :D

Honestly, with bolster PvP gear is not that much of an advantage if you get the right PvE set (blue level 45 mods are still pretty darn good). I get more annoyed with players that enter PvP matches without augments. They are way more useless and there really is no excuse for not obtaining them prior to queuing, other than ignorance or pure laziness. On my server we have folks that are nearly full Brutalizer running without most of their PvP gear in augments. And they get offended when I politely inform them they are severely undergeared.

If a player has at least gone to the effort of reading L-Randle's excellent post on gearing for PvP and made an attempt to set their character up with mods that bolster reasonably well and has augmented them, there is nothing to complain about.

Edited by Vodrin

So, I am curious.

I'm mostly a PVE player but when I do jump in PVP for change of air, I find it odd how many people scream for votekics if a player doesnt have pvp gear on wz. So how is one supposed to gather WZ comms to buy PVP gear if you are not welcome on WZs in the first place? What am I missing here

Well if you are rolling in with 40K Hp and no augments people are going to blast you. Most will not take the time to help. Someone above mentioned L-Randle's guide I put the link below:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204.

Lots of good info in the post. Best of luck and don't let the trolls get you down!

Edited by Msonder

Well, when the comment goes "Kick these PVE gear *******" there isnt much advice to be taken there :p

Also how does one ignore these screamers when you actually do get kicked for apparently this reason? Its rare but then again I rarely PVP anyway, not sure how common this is among others

Unless you were immobile out of combat for a while you've never been kicked.

Well if you are rolling in with 40K Hp and no augments people are going to blast you. Most will not take the time to help. Someone above mentioned L-Randle's guide I put the link below:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=707204.

Lots of good info in the post. Best of luck and don't let the trolls get you down!

Nah, I have BIS 168 with augments, gives about 35k hp (from when TFB/SAV HM just came out. Then took a break and now I'm back). Should I actually get worse gear than this to keep people from QQing? Seems like such a hassle.

Thnx for the link. So from what I gather people just QQ with no actual reason. Bummer, really takes away the enjoyment :p

Nah, I have BIS 168 with augments, gives about 35k hp (from when TFB/SAV HM just came out. Then took a break and now I'm back). Should I actually get worse gear than this to keep people from QQing? Seems like such a hassle.

Yes, you need to get downgraded gear. The 168s don't bolster nearly as well as the 156s and 162s. I have a shadow tank that has somewhere between 39,500 and 40,000 hit points in PVP with only 5 pieces of PVP gear and gets 2001 Expertise. None of his other gear is over 162 and the implants and earpieces are rated 156. Go higher than that and the expertise loss costs you more than you gain with the higher rated gear.

FYI, 156 gear is dropped when you do Oricon and the 162 rated gear is purchased with basic comms.

Thnx for the link. So from what I gather people just QQ with no actual reason. Bummer, really takes away the enjoyment :p

It's not qq'ing for nothing or he has low expertise he must suck etc. It is quantifiable. In gear with ****** expertise, your survivability goes down because you are getting hit harder. The more you die the less dps/heals you are doing which hurts the team. It is a pain for healers to try and heal someone with low expertise because they are getting hit harder than others. With damage a bit overtuned right now that problem is exacerbated. Whenever I am dps'ing and I see someone with out of place hp or hit them for like a 13k heatseeker or smash, I make a note to just find and kill that person because someone in pve gear can still do decent dps if left alone, but they are really easy to dispose of so it makes sense to kill them when you see them.

Sometimes when we run a premade, one or two people in my group are bringing like full/partial 180 gear trying to gear themselves up, and whenever I heal I always give them **** for it for the above reason.

Edited by Jimmajamma

Maybe you entered the ranked queue rather than the unranked? I know this has happened to me once clicking the wrong button, and the entire team spat on me for not having pvp gear. Never in unranked have I ever heard anyone complain someone was not in pvp gear. I've seen Juggs have willpower, and operatives have aim, which are amusing to witness, but I feel most of the gear snobbery is in ranked.

Maybe you entered the ranked queue rather than the unranked? I know this has happened to me once clicking the wrong button, and the entire team spat on me for not having pvp gear. Never in unranked have I ever heard anyone complain someone was not in pvp gear. I've seen Juggs have willpower, and operatives have aim, which are amusing to witness, but I feel most of the gear snobbery is in ranked.

Its not snobbery. In ranked if you're in pve gear you literally don't belong there. Solo ranked matchmaking is terrible enough as is. Having to deal with a pve geared player is even worse especially since you need to get reg gear to even get the ranked gear. So you are creating a 3v4 scenario for the team and you can't even buy the gear. Players in ranked really have every right to be angry about it, especially since BW refuses to put a gear requirement on the ranked queue.

For all of you peeps who want to pvp at 55 and aren't geared up yet do this:

get a set of black market gear (162 mods)

If you use 168 anywhere and higher your bolster gets borked

Get the artifact microfilament earpiece and implants

Start by using pvp comms on the obaron relics then get your pvp 2 piece then 4 piece set bonus (check forums on ac specifics as pve set bonus could even be a benefit in some circumstances)

Augment everything with purple main stat augments

I run a combo of pve 158/162 and I have the 180 main hand hilt with 158 or 162 mod and enhancement as well as pvp obaron relics, 4 piece (couple obaron and couple brut) pvp armor, and 2 pvp implants (one orb one brut)

You should have at least 1800 expertise IMO and try to get to 1900 as a baseline- those toons with 1400 exp are the ones everyone shudders at- 1900 expertise and you can at least see who it is that melts you

I have 1922ish expertise

This works fine for solo ranked and all the reg que stuff

The key is not to go above 162 pve mods

Not to mix pve and pvp mods in a single piece of gear

And augment everything

If you pve lots you should have tons of comms to get 162' stuff even if it is "downgrading"

I tried running with those level 48 mods and I just felt gimped so I just upgraded from level 50 onwards until I got to 162's and then all subsequent pve upgrades were in my pve only gear

The buff to black market gear to make it bolster better is all you need to take advantage of

In many ways black market is the all around gear for entry level pve and pvp IMO

Edited by Daxy

So, I am curious.

I'm mostly a PVE player but when I do jump in PVP for change of air, I find it odd how many people scream for votekics if a player doesnt have pvp gear on wz. So how is one supposed to gather WZ comms to buy PVP gear if you are not welcome on WZs in the first place? What am I missing here

Just ignore them and have fun. After all, this is a game.

Start by using pvp comms on the obaron relics then get your pvp 2 piece then 4 piece set bonus (check forums on ac specifics as pve set bonus could even be a benefit in some circumstances)

Augment everything with purple main stat augments

Only augment with mainstat if you have access to a +9% mainstat skill in one of your trees. If you have a +6% mainstat skill, a player could go with either power or mainstat. With no access to either one of those it is best to go with power augments.

I'm personally a little fed up of having what I call PvP tourists in WZ's. They are doing them for the conquest points and don't do much besides back peddle and keyboard their way back into the spawn box. Some of them are good and help out but a lot of them are totally clueless.

A lot of them don't make calls, can barley play their spec when they have to move around or deal with stuns/interrupts and die crazy fast, that 40k HP won't last that long when you get hit by Heat Seeker/Maul/Snipe/Carnage Scream for 10-12k. I can't tell you how many times this week I would get into the fray with my team and 4 globals later be 5 v 1'ed by the other team since all my teammates were dead already.

There's always going to be noobs, if you started playing another game you would be a noob.

Alt's always have noob hear that doesn't mean they're noobs. It definitely seems that sill < gear. Low gear doesn't necessarily mean noob.

But to your point, everyone has to be a noob before being leet first.

There's always going to be noobs, if you started playing another game you would be a noob.

Alt's always have noob hear that doesn't mean they're noobs. It definitely seems that sill < gear. Low gear doesn't necessarily mean noob.

But to your point, everyone has to be a noob before being leet first.

There are "NOOBS" and then there are "NEWBS".

What you described above is someone that is a newb. New to a game or aspect of a game but they are willing to work to get better.

Noobs have no desire to get better and will not listen to advice no matter how good it may be and blame other players, or other factors, on why they lose.

it might also depend on what you are trying to do. If you are running into ranked with pve gear, then yeah, you need to be kicked. But in terms of unranked reg pugs. take your punches, get gear and learn. Ask for advice when and where needed and observe.

No I'm not running ranked without expertise haha. If I would be all the complaints would be totally legit

Thx for all the replies anyhoo.