Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 5.4a

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sithfatherruiz
08.31.2017 , 01:28 PM | #881
I read the post from the Dev, the codes aren't meant to be compensation for lost time. I'm starting to feel like they never considered the time we paid for. I subbed to this, paid good money, and lost time isn't compensated?
Please tell me that's not what Eric meant on the Dev page.

Btw, I understand what the codes were for. Throw few out, let some people jump at them, and do it again later. Not a bad 20 second time killer.

But there has to be consideration for those of us who can't sit and wait for codes all day long. Please hook me up with something that says you guys care enough about those who pay for the game, and lost a day.

Keep at it guys, we all look forward to getting back in. Thanks for your hard work to get us there.

patpoitras
08.31.2017 , 01:28 PM | #882
Quote: Originally Posted by ThadiusMoor View Post
Wow...

Now I feel even more insulted...

Those lucky 20 or so people got something that now noone else will ever have...

Why? Because they have faster internet than everyone else...

Come on man...

Talk about really kicking the player-base in the face and then tossing salt and iodine into their bleeding wounds...

This is just stupid and the whole situation is really giving me second thoughts about continuing my support of this game.

8 Hours and counting...

I feel so sad and angry right now, I almost want to just walk away and forget this game ever exsisted.

dude i was online when he posted them, i tried picking one up randomly within 10 seconds of the post going up pasting to my second window took another 20 second to find the redeem a code page... so really under 45 second i was pressing submit and it was not redeemable so it leaves me to conclude either someone was able to copy and paste all of them and got multiple codes or the codes were not redeemable in the first place.

so honestly at this point either do things right for the community and grant everyone something for the time off the game to keep the majority of the people happy or dont and risk loosing subs in the long run. A game like this running for the amount of time it has is soon to hit the pinnacle or it might already has and it doesn't need a bad hit as i know for a fact a dead server is not fun to play on.

with the multiple of new games coming out soon these events might hurt bioware more than they might think. well this is my opinion.

cheers

SnEaKyMan
08.31.2017 , 01:28 PM | #883
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric
Send me a tawn fawn code please. I think that one is part of the legacy achievements which can no longer be acquired?
Delegate
<It's a Trap> | <Take á Seat>
SWTOR Caster | Twitch | Youtube | Referral
You have hate… you have anger… but you don’t use them.

BWskipm
08.31.2017 , 01:28 PM | #884
Codes really seem to influence only the few lucky enough to be refreshing their feed every few seconds in hope of getting codes. The worst we can have is silence, so thanks for the periodic updates.

Seylija
08.31.2017 , 01:28 PM | #885
i can't complain. i redeemed one of each code and i wasn't even fast. was watching pubg streams on the side. :S
following you people lapse into hysteria, trying to lynch a Dev that only wants to do some good to you, is just a bonus on top. plebs will be plebs. if you ever wonder what went wrong with modern society - just look into the mirror. do you still think you deserve any better?

MelgarCorties
08.31.2017 , 01:29 PM | #886
I demand compensation for the time i missed. Full tier 4 geared please that will do the trick!

HitokiriAkins
08.31.2017 , 01:29 PM | #887
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
That I can do
I'm following all this on twitter, and as I said there, so long as you guys are being transparent, that's all that matters to me.

I'll admit that I'm upset that I've lost nearly a half a day of play, but I logged in this morning and saw the bugs that happened; the quest log showing numbers instead of text, the buffs that were gone, and how my Scoundrels had to redo their discipline perks? Yeah, I'm perfectly willing to wait for those to be fixed. This is the first time I've experienced bugs that were a detriment to my gameplay, and I'm willing to lose a day if it means that I can play fine tomorrow.
Give me a duel autodecline, please!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=583230

bbjbkbjdb
08.31.2017 , 01:29 PM | #888
well things happen and you and your team are working to fix them thank you ignore all the hateful comments some or most appreciate what you and the team does thank you for an awesome game and the updates you guys are awesome

Sarova
08.31.2017 , 01:29 PM | #889
Quote: Originally Posted by HaoZhao View Post
Do a live-stream of the developers fixing the game while you shout encouraging slogans at them, please. Thanks.
Developers? You know it's just one poor unpaid intern hamster! And he's not had his doughnuts yet...poor guy.
More Story/Quests With Our Original Companions Please
Quinnmancer Security Chief Quinn Thread Theronmancer
Magical Clicky Link

Jesira
08.31.2017 , 01:29 PM | #890
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
No, we don't
yes we do
C.E. V.I.P. Member