Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Commando

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Class Changes: Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Commando
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ArhatMax
06.16.2017 , 02:57 PM | #91
As it is typical for Bioware, to ignore what the whole forum has been pointing at in nerf-list Mercs (i means survivability, of course) and nerfed crits, which is the KEY to good DPS in Arsenal.

Do you even know that parsing in the Arsenal is like playing an endless roulette?! Trying to catch crits on Heatseeker Missiles, because without them this spec - useless. On each try on dummy/boss we has really different crits 37-46% with 1930+ crit rating on our gear. But that's not all, even if you have good crits, there is still a problem with misses, because we have worst misses 9-15% with more than 110% accuracy rating. IO, for example, has only 7-9% misses.
Therefore, in order to make a good DPS on dummy, the planets of your Zodiac, the line of luck on your hand and many other circumstances should be properly aligned.

Based on all of the above, you, developers, have to do something with such a huge different in the crits and misses and ONLY AFTER THAT, start the nerf of passives on crit. Just remove Trauma Regulators, because it does not often using in PVE content. I also agree with the rest of the nerfes.
But you should to delete the nerf Target Tracking / Deadly Cannon from the list, please.
I really hope that you will hear this cry of the soul.

Dweezill
06.16.2017 , 03:00 PM | #92
Do not worry, after 5 million of these small changes, we might arrive at decent balance
Johannesburg
Integral Calculus
<Filthy Casuals>

bluemustache
06.16.2017 , 03:03 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Dweezill View Post
Do not worry, after 5 million of these small changes, we might arrive at decent balance
Too optimistic. Sounds good. Doesn't work.
The Ryoku Legacy, so many titles that there is a scroll bar. now i need a bigger screen for them all

Strikehere
06.16.2017 , 03:18 PM | #94
It's all of the ************ and complaining of the PVP community that has brought us to this point. Very seldom does anyone in the PVE community say "OH, my damage is way to high or I can't be killed - I need to be nerfed into the ground". They do not know how to balance between PVE and PVP. If they had a completely separate spec that had to be used in PVP and the abilities could be isolated they could balance one without affecting the other, but we don't nor will we. So reap what you have sown. Pick another of the classes to play until that one ends up on the nerf block.

Hyper_Rescue
06.16.2017 , 03:21 PM | #95
People were complaining about overpowered Trauma Regulators and you decided to nerf the damage? *claps loudly*. Amazing decision, Bioware.

Bobby_McDonald
06.16.2017 , 03:23 PM | #96
So the only dcd that is going to be nerfed is the one that all the rerollers mostly dont know about and that many dont use frequently or time correctly. So its actually not much of a nerf. Mercs will do less damage but who ever complained about their dps? Its their sick dcds that everyone was complaining about.

Krazhez
06.16.2017 , 03:25 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Death-Hammer View Post
Nothing in the changes you list addresses the problems most people have with this spec. Leave the dps alone and reduce Trama Regulators and most complaints with this spec will disappear. Nobody is complaining about this spec's dps but it's survivability.
This^

Dhurwin
06.16.2017 , 03:34 PM | #98
It is worth noting that these changes are specific to Arsenal/Gunnery, while utilities are accessible by all three Merc/Mando specs. And they did say that they could tweak utilities, perhaps once all the class specific changes are out of the way they'll move onto what utilities they'll be tweaking. In my mind moving Trauma Regs to 3% (down from 5%) and imposing a rate limit (of something like 2 per second) on the reflect heal isn't a HUGE change, something easily within their tweaking limits. Bigger changes to utilities, like moving Kolto Surge to PT's, would probably not be seen until the dust has settled from all these other changes.

I'm sure they know by now that people are calling for utility changes (if they don't we got bigger issues) and constantly screaming (and/or insulting them) isn't going to change things. Right now they're concerned with DPS/HPS, and however flawed their reasoning for this may be, nothing's going to STOP them from focusing on that first. They will get to utilities eventually, and I'm sure they'll have similar threads for those changes as well. In the meantime, it's up to us to provide them with constructive criticism about these DPS changes, and mitigate any potential disastrous mistakes that pertain to pure DPS.

I do not believe that their "target DPS" is simply how well a class performs on a dummy parse, but instead changes based on individual fights within OPS. It could very well be that, of the Arsenal Mercs brought into PvE, they are over performing. And while these nerfs might seem like they are just making the class useless in PvE, they also noted other classes that were over performing as well. Once these other classes are brought down to "where they are supposed to be" it could be that Arsenal isn't in as bad a spot as everyone thinks. Or they could in be much much worse. It'll be hard to tell until they finalize ALL of the changes they have planned.

All that said, it was mentioned Corruption Sorcs in the same boat as Arsenal Mercs. You leave my healer sorc alone. Or I will go all Liam Neesons on every one of you.

bluemustache
06.16.2017 , 03:35 PM | #99
mercs always had good dps and the worst survivability. now we got a toncrap of survival and our dps must be taken??
and only arsenal is going to be nerfed???
THIS IS MADNESS
The Ryoku Legacy, so many titles that there is a scroll bar. now i need a bigger screen for them all

Bobby_McDonald
06.16.2017 , 03:38 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Strikehere View Post
It's all of the ************ and complaining of the PVP community that has brought us to this point. Very seldom does anyone in the PVE community say "OH, my damage is way to high or I can't be killed - I need to be nerfed into the ground". They do not know how to balance between PVE and PVP. If they had a completely separate spec that had to be used in PVP and the abilities could be isolated they could balance one without affecting the other, but we don't nor will we. So reap what you have sown. Pick another of the classes to play until that one ends up on the nerf block.
Sorry for the double post but I want to reply on this. I consider myself a part of the pvp community. I, and I think I can even say WE, never asked them for a nerf in dps. We asked them to nerf their selfheal utilities, which wouldnt effect pve. I used to main a merc myself and I am really annoyed now that they announce a nerf for my dps that would especially effect pve while they dont touch the real balance issue in pvp which is their selfheals.

From a PvP-perspective the only change I wanted was: first much less healing from trauma regulators and removal of the utility that decreases cooldown of energy shield. Second reflect should only reflect but not heal. Third enet should have longer cooldown. Should only be usable once in a average arena round.