Starting Galaxy-Wide chat channel

Sydth

I know, I know... I've seen what "world chat" is like in other games but i'd really like to have something for finding groups when Group Finder isn't hitting. I'll take the spamming, Chuck Norris jokes and all that because i can shut it off anytime i want. In swtor we can make our own chat channels! All you have to do to create a new channel is type /cjoin and a channel name. Whatever channel you create can be seen GALAXY WIDE!! But can only be seen by those who also join the channel. Once you do this it will keep you logged into the channel forever (until you type /cleave).

So, lets make a 'World Chat". I'll start!

How about we cal it Galaxy? If you're reading this go to your server and copy this into your chat box: /cjoin Galaxy

If no one else has done it yet then you will have started it. If anyone already has then you'll be joining it. It's that simple.

When I first started playing when the game released there was a channel that someone created that was galaxy wide, and they where advertising for people to join it.. However, given how often new people login you'd have to advertise way more than is reasonable across all the planets to get enough people to join to make it worthwhile.

Also, at the time it told you ever time someone joined or left the channel (the way guild chat does) which was crazy annoying.

I know I would not join a Galaxy wide channel unless it was a built in channel that everyone auto-joined.. but even then I'd probably disable that channel since it'd be more annoying than useful.