What's your /played time?

CloudCastle

I posted this in the other thread

The last time I did a check on all my characters was back in May this year. The total amount of play time on all my characters was 9082 hours or 378 days. Back then my Sorcerer had 59 days and my Jugg had 36 days.

I’m not sure what they are now.

#Altloverwithnolife

Edited by Totemdancer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the /played time of the average player is? Because...I'm not sure any of us on this thread are "average." :D Most people posting here are probably on the more dedicated side.

I have to say though, that I'm starting to think that people with alt-centric play styles are going to be at a disadvantage when it comes to names during this merge. I'm guessing the devs haven't taken that into consideration, but if it were up to me, I'd place some weight also on the RL time that a player has had a name as well. That would also cover any loyal players who have been here for years but who only have limited free time. Being around since the beginning, for example, shows a certain degree of dedication and love for the game regardless.

They should add an /account played option so we don't have to add up our numbers!

I have 19 characters, but only 6 of them can be considered my main/crafting characters.

My "main" was originally my Sentinel, but a Gunslinger is now my "main" main.

Sentinel - 33 days

Gunslinger (main) - 28 days

Gunslinger #2 (crafter/GTN) - 29 days

Sage - 28 days

Vanguard - 24.5

Marauder - 8

That totals up to 150.5 days - not counting the other 13 characters. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

So, with all this talk about name preservation criteria, I was wondering what the /played time was for all my characters. I was especially curious since I've heard people toss around numbers like 100, 200, or even 300 days. So I checked my main, who I have had since early access and played regularly since. She clocked in at 48 days, 13 hours.

Which has me wondering...are there actually people with 100+ days on a single character? I was kind of hoping that people throwing around those numbers were just exaggerating. I mean, I'm not even close to that after playing almost nightly since Dec 2011, although I have always divided my time between alts as well, so that lowers all of them overall.

My next highest alt was at 15 days. I was actually surprised that I had several alts with higher times than other alts who I considered "more important." I finally figured out what was causing this discrepancy: KOTFE and KOTET. Those are two VERY long storylines, and every character I had who I'd taken through them had higher times than the ones who had not, even when my perception was that I'd played other chars more.

What's your highest /played time? That of your next highest alt?

Of late I've been having a nagging concern that my playtime might be a little out of my control. I feel I play waayyy too much and might have a problem. Sometimes, after hours of play, I'd sit staring blankly at the monitor, just tired of playing but not willing to log out. I've played since launch, with a two or three year break in between. I've sometimes thought I need to delete all my characters and force myself to quit - for my own good.

So after seeing this post I went and checked my /played, fully expecting to be horrified. On my main:

14 days 8 hours 15 minutes

Ya'll need Jesus

And maybe a job or two. LOL

Edited by Vagessel

Since time spent is real, I'll express the number in real time:

Main toon: A house renovation and a 2-week vacation.

2nd toon: car trip from Atlanta to Chicago and back, Hurricane Irma cleanup, and a long Labor Day weekend

3rd toon: my nephew's graduation, roundtrip commute time from home to a friend's 50 miles away twice a month

Yes. Lots of time.

My playing time is mainly spread across 4 chars:

Operative: 117 days

Merc: 76 days

Scoundrel: 67 days

Vanguard: 52 days

Scoundrel was created in early 2014, the others in early to mid 2013.

Edited by Mubrak

How do you get a legacy total?

I'm assuming they logged in and added up. I started doing that today for kicks and got distracted after 6. :p

Those 6 added up to ~180 days, between 8 days 8 hours 0 minutes on the least to 53 days 22 hours 20 minutes on the most of those 6.

The 53 day character was one of the first 5 or 6 I created, as was a 45 day and change one. The others that were created before 2.0 era and after haven't been added up yet.

Would save me some time and from having to remember to do it if there were a Legacy /played command.

Edited by docbenwayddo

So I have way too much time on my hands. :p

Sunk near a year an a half into characters here. 524 days and 17+ hours.

The least played has 8 days and 8 hours played.

The most has 82 days, 15 hours and 21 minutes.

Any KotFE/ET was inflicted on top out at 10 days.

92.3% of the characters counted are not and will never be "the outlander"

Edited by docbenwayddo

I'm assuming they logged in and added up. I started doing that today for kicks and got distracted after 6. :p

Those 6 added up to ~180 days, between 8 days 8 hours 0 minutes on the least to 53 days 22 hours 20 minutes on the most of those 6.

The 53 day character was one of the first 5 or 6 I created, as was a 45 day and change one. The others that were created before 2.0 era and after haven't been added up yet.

Would save me some time and from having to remember to do it if there were a Legacy /played command.

It’s time consuming when doing over 50 characters. An account /played would be the best solution.

• 4 weeks later...

130+ on main. Mostly due to so many hours of PVP and game exploration.

From there drop off is steep. My swtor vanilla toons drop to 20+ days at most. Its odd that they seem to fall into 2 tiers, with a few at the 20 day mark, and the others all less than 10 days. As the years have gone by, I've become a lot more efficient with my time, and leveling has gotten easier with boosts and rewards, so past 2-3 years (basically since RotHC) if I've started a new character we're looking at 6-8 days (if just doing the class/planetary stories).

Generally speaking if I've done a lot of socializing, GTN shopping, or SH decorating, on a toon that playtime will naturally be higher regardless of level.

Edited by veritas_prime

Pub main: 167 days, 7 hours

Pub second: 36 days, 17 hours

Imp main: 41 days, 15 hours

Imp second: 25 days, 8 hours

Pub main and second were created during early access in 2011, but I didn't play the second until I redesigned the character for a better voice/look match. Imps have been created in late 2012.

All of them would have more if it weren't for the DvL event and a 10 months break after 5.0

Edited by KyaniteD

In no particular order ...

Kegger Legacy

Bodhisattva: 21D 18H 39M

Halflife: 19D 19H 35M

Galactic: 17D 19H 43M

Cuisinart: 23D 5H 31M

Laserbrain: 8D 5H 5M

Gibilgashru: 18D 11H 15M

Jawabunga: 3D 17H 2M

Bouree: 1D 13H 19M

Melekalikimaka: 0D 15H 13M

Carnivoyeur: 4D 11H 26M

Cyclonight: 10D 19H 51M

Connoisseur: 4D 11H 9M

Hempeweizen: 4D 0H 3M

Missiletow: 4D 4H 43M

Ruhroh: 10D 13H 11M

Vendeada: 11D 22H 59M

Forblefarb: 0D 10H 16M

Honjo'masamune: 2D 6H 55M

Cheapdrunk: 0D 8H 35M

Cyclotrimethylene: 2D 4H 29M

Noksukao: 0D 16H 5M

Botrytis: 0D 4H 42M

Solommo'sucks: 0D 4H 55M

Nosolostory: 0D 13H 20M

Trìage: 7D 2H 4M

Rocks Legacy

Cyclonite: 0D 18H 44M

Cyclotrimethylene: 4D 0H 48M

Slapdance: 0D 13H 55M

Tifosi: 2D 5H 35M

Kotorwannabe: 1D 4H 25M

Hostiletakeover: 2D 19H 17M

Dirtwater: 0D 9H 42M

Cummerbund: 0D 3H 48M

Surfzone: 0D 23H 57M

TOTAL: 177D 363H 1036M (if my math is accurate)

At least 98% of this is from the first 4 years ... before December 2015 when I began my boycott of CC purchases. Which coincided with KotFE's early access when I saw what they did to the game and started my string of on-again off-again subs. Had the game not gone one size fits all and remained intact as a MMO throughout you could probably add another 2 solid years worth of game play (50% or roughly 90 days) to that /played total ... as well as a commensurate increase in CC purchases.

I'm embarrassed to admit now that I was once a staunch BW defender and SWTOR whale.

Edited by GalacticKegger

At least 98% of this is from the first 4 years ...

I'm pretty much the same. Vast majority of my /played was in the first few years, before and during RotHC. I was playing regularly but infrequently through SoR, then irregularly after KotFE. I have yet to finish KotET on any character.