Hodoring

SebastiaanZ

Seriously this is becoming very annoying and irritating. People are spamming the chat full with "Hodor". Especially on fleet and starter planets. Can Bioware please make this a forbidden word and add it to the censor list? For people who don't want to turn of the chat, this is a true annoyance.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's not that word, it's something else. Last time I really paid attention, in fact, the word was "jawa". Sorry for your annoyance but the truth is if the developers keep adding "forbidden words" to some sort of list, eventually we won't be able to chat, period. So .. ignore the little brats. They only do it cause they know it annoys you, after all.

Consider yourself lucky, OP. The server on which my primary legacy resides? GC still hasn't moved past jawas on the starter planets and fleet...jawas and things far more crass and revolting than Hodoring...

/ignore is your friend :)

Wth is hodoring?

It's a Game of Thrones thing, a reference to a certain character who says one word: "Hodor" (also his name).

If it's not that word, it's something else. Last time I really paid attention, in fact, the word was "jawa". Sorry for your annoyance but the truth is if the developers keep adding "forbidden words" to some sort of list, eventually we won't be able to chat, period. So .. ignore the little brats. They only do it cause they know it annoys you, after all.

Exactly.

If they block one word they will just make up some other word. God knows we have enough stupid slang and terms being used in games already and many that make no sense at all. No need for new ones. :)

Plus they spam crap because they know it gets under peoples skin. That really is all Spam is about. The only true way to stop it is to stop chat entirely, and that would be worse for an MMORPG.

Ugh, it's really annoying on The Red Eclipse lately. People genuinely asking for help only to receive 'Hodor' as an answer (goes right there with the unavoidable Alt+F4 hint). I'm glad that the majority of the players avoid such behaviour. Still think it won't end up on a banned words list anytime soon though.

Hodor used to be funny ten years ago. Now it's just irritating.

I am ignoring most of the people on Tython/Korriban/Ord Mantell/Hutta that keep saying Hodor (I play on Tomb of Freedon Nadd), but this way the ignore list would become pretty big. And yeah I realize that its not easy to put it on the forbidden list.

Kaas on Red Eclipse has been full of this nonsense lately. But last night it was much better. We were talking about all kinds of other nonsense instead, and while it got a bit silly at times, it was enjoyable banter rather than the brainless spamming of the latest meme, and it was also very civil.

Only one Hodor the whole time I was on the planet, and everybody ignored it, so it slunk off sadly to cry in the corner. Best time on Kaas in ages. Not sure why. Someone in chat speculated that it was because all the kids had gone to bed, but I'm not so sure that the "kids" actually are kids, myself.

Edited by PLynkes

Seriously this is becoming very annoying and irritating. People are spamming the chat full with "Hodor". Especially on fleet and starter planets. Can Bioware please make this a forbidden word and add it to the censor list? For people who don't want to turn of the chat, this is a true annoyance.

Methinks someone has yet to discover the ignore feature.

And has way too much time on his hands.

Edited by branmakmuffin

It's a Game of Thrones thing, a reference to a certain character who says one word: "Hodor" (also his name).

Not to knitpick but his name is Walder, hodor is just the only word he knows (would love to get a reason on that as it is rather a random word).

Would love for GRRM to end the story with a monologue from hodor, would be hillarious.

Not to knitpick but his name is Walder, hodor is just the only word he knows (would love to get a reason on that as it is rather a random word).

Would love for GRRM to end the story with a monologue from hodor, would be hillarious.

I thought about pointing this out but didn't want to annoy anyone with my fangirling :D Glad someone else seems to have read the books as well though! :)

I thought about pointing this out but didn't want to annoy anyone with my fangirling :D Glad someone else seems to have read the books as well though! :)

It is not in my nature to let information go unshared, even if it makes me look like a <insert whatever derogatory word you like/>

I, also, have read them. Which makes watching the series totally spoiled (for me, anyway).

I guess for readers the most enjoyable thing is the flabbergasted reactions of the non-readers. My boyfriend refused to continue watching after the RW :cool: (he did eventually)

I guess for readers the most enjoyable thing is the flabbergasted reactions of the non-readers. My boyfriend refused to continue watching after the RW :cool: (he did eventually)

The most enjoyable parts for me are the interactions between Bron and Tyrion.

It's been so long since I read the first books that I have no memory of minor events. The spoilers of course come in knowing the fates of major characters and I keep thinking "OK, now when is this thing gonna happen to that guy?" and knowing "This person is still alive in book 5, so nothing bad's gonna happen to him here."

Too harsh bro :(

Damn, I knew I should have used a big smiley. :D

Edited by branmakmuffin

Nitpick away :D it's been a while since I've read the novels, I stand corrected (the series, watched the first couple seasons, saw 0% of the last, haven't really missed it...but I do recall him being referred to as "Hodor" pretty much across the board, cast listings included).

The most enjoyable parts for me are the interactions between Bron and Tyrion.

Arya & Tywin - I really wished they had broken the book and had Tywin adopt Arya and replace all his good for nothing children with her (and let her slowly torture and kill Joffrey). Maisie and Charles did those scenes so well.

My wife and I recently went through season 1, 2, and 3 again. My wife knew it was gonna happen and has now watched it twice and she still bawls. But only for Talisa and Grey Wind, screw all the other people who bought the farm :D