Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

unlawful ban


Batwer's Avatar


Batwer
12.15.2019 , 04:46 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Seaturkey View Post
You shouldn't get banned for buying in-game gold in the first place. Ban the sellers if you must, but a player has the right to spend his/her money as they see fit. If MMO's actually wanted to stop gold spammers they could have an employee watching the chats on the servers and insta-ban anyone who's selling, but they don't. They let the sellers spam ad's in gen chat all the damned time, constantly, and yet they want to ban the players? Bass ackwards logic at it's finest.
Can I read from this post that you are doing it?
Earn your gold like any normal player who is not lazy. It is forbidden. Whoever breaks the rule will be banned. Finished.
If people didn't buy, there would be no spammers.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Pirana's Avatar


Pirana
12.15.2019 , 05:50 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Batwer View Post
Can I read from this post that you are doing it?
Earn your gold like any normal player who is not lazy. It is forbidden. Whoever breaks the rule will be banned. Finished.
If people didn't buy, there would be no spammers.
Winner!

The reason currency sellers are in the game is because they know people will buy. It's not the other way around. Remove the buyers and the sellers start to dwindle.

The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

MadDutchman's Avatar


MadDutchman
12.15.2019 , 06:37 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Seaturkey View Post
You shouldn't get banned for buying in-game gold in the first place. Ban the sellers if you must, but a player has the right to spend his/her money as they see fit. If MMO's actually wanted to stop gold spammers they could have an employee watching the chats on the servers and insta-ban anyone who's selling, but they don't. They let the sellers spam ad's in gen chat all the damned time, constantly, and yet they want to ban the players? Bass ackwards logic at it's finest.
No, you do not have the right to spend your money however you see fit. You waived that right when you accepted the TOS

Everyone involved in criminal activity is liable for that activity. Some might face stiffer penalties than others, but still, everyone is responsible. It's the same deal here.
I Have Spoken

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
12.16.2019 , 12:52 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Seaturkey View Post
You shouldn't get banned for buying in-game gold in the first place. Ban the sellers if you must, but a player has the right to spend his/her money as they see fit. If MMO's actually wanted to stop gold spammers they could have an employee watching the chats on the servers and insta-ban anyone who's selling, but they don't. They let the sellers spam ad's in gen chat all the damned time, constantly, and yet they want to ban the players? Bass ackwards logic at it's finest.
That's not true. You are not allowed to spend money on illegal things either. In fact if you buy stolen property you can be held accountable for that as well. So there are always limits.

In the case of a game like this you agreed to the ToS/EULA and there you agree to not doing such things. The context being that gold sellers are using BW's property to make money for themselves without permission. As this is not legally regulated, it's on an agreement basis. In the end if no one buys the credits, the credit sellers leave cause they have no business.

So it's part of the agreement to play this game. And yes I do say BW's property because you and I as players own NOTHING in this game. Everything is a lease or rental until they shut down the servers. Even items you buy in the cartel markets or your characters are not owned by you.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
12.16.2019 , 01:51 AM | #35
Wrong place to post. If you read the TOS / EULA (linked at bottom of the page....) you would note this part;

Quote:
If you believe that any action has been taken against your Account or device in error, please contact Customer Support at help.ea.com.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Sinhammer's Avatar


Sinhammer
12.16.2019 , 11:44 AM | #36
If your friend was buying gold, I honestly wish he'd used the money to purchase you a keyboard with working punctuation keys instead.

REAL friends help friends punctuate.
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
----Darth Wolfhammer Hellstorm of Star Forge----

fushnchips's Avatar


fushnchips
12.16.2019 , 12:10 PM | #37
When you get banned they will mention what the offence is in the email they just don't ban out of the air they have to for the paper trail.
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

sharkfishman's Avatar


sharkfishman
12.16.2019 , 05:33 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Sinhammer View Post
If your friend was buying gold, I honestly wish he'd used the money to purchase you a keyboard with working punctuation keys instead.

REAL friends help friends punctuate.
Best post of the week.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."