Returning player. Where are all the peeps?

MaximusVen

Last week I came back to the game after over 2 years hiatus. I have 8 toons (4 on each side) on this server at level 55. Between all the changes to the game and my outdated gear, I've been having quite an interesting time trying to acclimate back to the game.

I've been playing on Makeb trying to level 2 different toons and I want to start doing the Heroics 2+ missions. Sadly, there is usually only like 20 of so players on this planet whenever I log into the server. After about a week, the highest I've seen was 32 players on this planet. I been trying to get help in forming a group to do the heroics, but there doesn't appear to be any interest.

Anyway, I don't know if this is due to the server having low population in general or the particular planet that I am on or perhaps the players there have better gear than me and can solo the heroics, but getting a group started isn't working. Have the majority of the people moved on from this game already?

I don't like to PVP. I'm mostly a casual PVE player. My old guild is gone and so are my old "friends." From what I can tell, most guilds that advertise are into PVP, Raids, etc. So joining a new guild may not work for me at this time. So at this point should I go to Black Hole and try to level up there?

There are usually groups of people on fleet putting together heroic parties to farm them.

One of the changes in 4.0 was that a Heroic Mission Terminal was put on each Fleet and you can pick up any/all applicable Heroic Missions there. Each mission now gives you a Mission Inventory Item that can be used to quick travel to that specific Heroic Mission.

Hope that was helpful.

You are two expansions behind, so with the level cap now at 65, Makeb is really just as much a leveling planet as the rest. Harbinger is definitely one of the busiest if not the busiest sever.

So at this point should I go to Black Hole and try to level up there?

Well, the planets now have a feature called level-sync which automatically lowers your character level and caps your endurance and mastery stats at the highest level the planet was intended for. Its a way to keep things challenging. So, you'll still earn xp in Black Hole, doing the dailies, but you won't be five levels above.

I don't like to PVP. I'm mostly a casual PVE player. My old guild is gone and so are my old "friends." From what I can tell, most guilds that advertise are into PVP, Raids, etc. So joining a new guild may not work for me at this time. So at this point should I go to Black Hole and try to level up there?

We do all kinds of activities in our guild and we are always looking for new members! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534195

Edited by phalczen