Recommended GTN Update / Changes

Nightblazer

I know some of these have been requested in other threads. I am making a master list of recommended GTN Changes / Updates

1. Add a filter check box that removes from the search results, items that have been unlocked from collections.
  2. Add a second Sub-Category for further filtering.
    • When filtering Crafting Materials for example, this can have a list for Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, etc.
    • For Cartel Items, this can resolve the first issue of having an option for All, Collected, Uncollected, just like the Collections window. The second sub-category can be used for filters for any primary sub-category and changes accordingly

[*]Right align prices

[*]Do not allow Cheap or Standard items to be sold on the GTN. The filters for these should be removed. This will deter junk auctions.

[*]Remove the Usable By filter as companions don't need gear for stats anymore. This will add room for a second Sub-Category that can be used as a dynamic filter depending on the Primary Sub-Category.

[*]Under the sell Tab, add a field for "Unit Price". This would allow when selling stacks, to set the unit price and have it automatically calculate the Buyout price.

If any one has anything else that they want to add feel free and to comment so we can have a master list going.

Edited by Nightblazer

Presence *does* exist, and it *is* still possible to look in your Archive to find old schematics for items with it.

Expertise and Surge, however, do not.

I'd like to reverse the order of categories for armour: first select part, then weight class, because I want to be able to find stuff that fits my chest, for both (say) Heavy and Adaptive, which I can't do as it stands.

Presence *does* exist, and it *is* still possible to look in your Archive to find old schematics for items with it.

Expertise and Surge, however, do not.

I'd like to reverse the order of categories for armour: first select part, then weight class, because I want to be able to find stuff that fits my chest, for both (say) Heavy and Adaptive, which I can't do as it stands.

Thank you for that. I updated what I out so it's just expertise and surge.

Remove decimals from unit price - simply round it up/down as normal.

More important than showing or not showing decimals" is consistency. Currently it shows them conditionally.(1) That condition should be removed, and they should be always shown (always at the same number of places) or they should be never shown (always zero places).

(1) The condition is "show them if they are not .00".

I absolutely love this one:

1. Add a filter check box that removes from the search results, items that have been unlocked from collections.

What's worse, when you mouse-over items to see if you have unlocked it for your character, the tooltip is inaccurate. It will show me than an item (such as a vehicle or title) is unlocked for my character when it is actually unlocked for a different character in my Legacy.

I would not do these:

1. Do not allow Cheap or Standard items to be sold on the GTN. The filters for these should be removed. This will deter junk auctions.
  2. Remove the Usable By filter as companions don't need gear for stats anymore. This will add room for a second Sub-Category that can be used as a dynamic filter depending on the Primary Sub-Category.

I wouldn't ban Cheap and Standard items because they are useful for recipes and cosmetic items, plus there is an option that lets you filter them out.

I would love the ability to hide any items that aren't Usable By me. It would make sense to remove our companions from the list, but we do need a checkbox to filter for items we can use.

Edited by Xina_LA

I absolutely love this one:

What's worse, when you mouse-over items to see if you have unlocked it for your character, the tooltip is inaccurate. It will show me than an item (such as a vehicle or title) is unlocked for my character when it is actually unlocked for a different character in my Legacy.

There are four possible unlock statuses:

1. Locked.
  2. Unlocked for this character.
  3. Unlocked for a different character.
  4. Unlocked for the whole account.

"Locked" is, of course, mutually exclusive with any and all of the rest, as is "Unlocked for the whole account." The two middle statuses (this character and that character) can exist alone or together - it's possible to unlock an item individually on more than one character. But in one important way, they are equivalent.

Let's look at an alternative of statuses:

1. Cannot pay for a global unlock.
  2. Can pay for a global unlock.
  3. Already paid for a global unlock.

This corresponds neatly to the three status strings in tooltips; "Locked in Collection", "Unlocked for Character in Collection", and "Unlocked for Account in Collection".

Alternative reasoning: "Unlocked for Character in Collection" does NOT say "this Character". It implies "*A* Character" and, indeed, in some languages there is no indefinite article ("a" / "an"), so the confusion would not arise.

Alternative wording suggestion: "Unlocked for at least one character"

I would not do these:

1. Do not allow Cheap or Standard items to be sold on the GTN. The filters for these should be removed. This will deter junk auctions.
  2. Remove the Usable By filter as companions don't need gear for stats anymore. This will add room for a second Sub-Category that can be used as a dynamic filter depending on the Primary Sub-Category.

I wouldn't ban Cheap and Standard items because they are useful for recipes and cosmetic items, plus there is an option that lets you filter them out.

I would love the ability to hide any items that aren't Usable By me. It would make sense to remove our companions from the list, but we do need a checkbox to filter for items we can use.

The reason I suggested it was cheap for example are gray junk items you offload to a vendor. Those just seem unnecessary. I've seen a few standard equipment items but they are usually what drops or is bought from a vendor. Which was my reasoning there.

As for the usable by, it currently doesn't filter out correctly. That's why I suggested replacing that drop down with a filter dropdown.

For example the options could be:

None

Unlocked in Collections

Unlocked for account

The second choice removes items that are unlocked in your collection but not unlocked to transfer a copy to your toon.

The third option removes items both unlocked in collections and ones that are unlocked for your account

Other options to do the opposite of those as well could be included to remove locked in collections still for example.

There are four possible unlock statuses:

1. Locked.
  2. Unlocked for this character.
  3. Unlocked for a different character.
  4. Unlocked for the whole account.

This is true. The problem is that the tooltip will tell me it's unlocked for my character when it isn't. It's a bug. I have to go into my Abilities list of pets and vehicles, or into my collection for color crystals, to see if my character really does have access to an item.

Edited by Xina_LA

This is true. The problem is that the tooltip will tell me it's unlocked for my character when it isn't. It's a bug. I have to go into my Abilities list of pets and vehicles, or into my collection for color crystals, to see if my character really does have access to an item.

Did you read the rest of my post? Apparently not.

It doesn't say that it is unlocked for *THIS* character. It says it is unlocked for *A* character, or, more accurately, for *AT LEAST ONE* character. It's badly worded, true, but it isn't *inaccurate*. The bug is not that it says "Unlocked for this character" even if it's a different one, because it doesn't say that. The bug is that it says something ambiguous. A better wording would be "Unlocked for at least one character". If it said that, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If it said that, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I should have added: We'd be having a conversation about whether it would be nice for it to say something different if that "at least one" included this character. My opinion is that it would, but it's not a critical issue.

It doesn't say that it is unlocked for *THIS* character. It says it is unlocked for *A* character, or, more accurately, for *AT LEAST ONE* character.

That's not what it says on my screen. It says "Unlocked for character", not "a character". Anything else in the game that says "for character" does in fact mean the current toon. You can't have that phrase mean one thing in part of the game and something else in another part, not if you're practicing good game design.

Here's why it's a bug. Depending on the type of item, with no Legacy unlock, you get different messages.

Current character HAS the item:

-- No tooltip message.

or

"Unlocked for character in collections."

Current character DOES NOT have the item but another character does:

"Locked in collections."

or

It really needs to be consistent.

Edited by Xina_LA

I really like many of these ideas. I'll go through them and note my comments to each one then add my suggestions to the end of the list.

Add a filter check box that removes from the search results, items that have been unlocked from collections.

This would be great. I've sat there trying to weed through what I do and do not have and it would be nice to have the ability to click a box and remove those from the search results.

Remove the Droid category and sub-categories for Core, Parts, Motor and Sensor. These items no longer exist.

Definitely, it's long overdue to remove this category.

Add a second Sub-Category for further filtering.

]When filtering Crafting Materials for example, this can have a list for Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, etc. For Cartel Items, this can resolve the first issue of having an option for All, Collected, Uncollected, just like the Collections window. The second sub-category can be used for filters for any primary sub-category and changes accordingly

Yes! Please!

Right align prices

Not sure about this. I think they're fine the way they are now.

Do not allow Cheap or Standard items to be sold on the GTN. The filters for these should be removed. This will deter junk auctions.

Also not sure about this one. Some people use the junk auctions to transfer credits to friends when their friends aren't online

Remove the Usable By filter as companions don't need gear for stats anymore. This will add room for a second Sub-Category that can be used as a dynamic filter depending on the Primary Sub-Category.

The following stats do not exist and should be removed from the stats drop down:

• Expertise
  • Surge Rating

Past overdue to remove these.

My suggestions:

Add a feature where you can list items that may only be sold to your fellow guild members when the box is selected. Anyone can see the listings but cannot purchase them if they're not in the same guild as the seller.

Allow us to set actual auctions, in addition to posting buyouts. It would be nice to have the ability to bid on items rather than just buy them outright.

That's not what it says on my screen. It says "Unlocked for character", not "a character". Anything else in the game that says "for character" does in fact mean the current toon. You can't have that phrase mean one thing in part of the game and something else in another part, not if you're practicing good game design.

Here's why it's a bug. Depending on the type of item, with no Legacy unlock, you get different messages.

Current character HAS the item:

-- No tooltip message.

or

Current character DOES NOT have the item but another character does:

"Locked in collections."

or

It really needs to be consistent.

That's why I said that the (easy) fix is to change it to say "Unlocked for at least one character in collections".

Another to add to the list:

Add two check boxes for filters: 1 to filter out Cartel Market items and 1 to filter out anything that is NOT a Cartel Market item. This would be very useful for those of us who want to see weapons or armor, for example, that are either crafted or obtained through the CM. Thanks!

• 2 years later...
what the GTN also miss and its also inportement is that it most show when you punt a item on for sale on the GTN that the price most show the lowst price from the same item somebody else are selling all in the GTN and not a npc price but that it shows the Lowst price of the same item that is all on the GTN

• 4 weeks later...

/signed

@Nightblazer

and what about the selling time from the GTN that there most remove the 6 hours,12 hours,1 day,2 day's and 3 day's selling time and chanc it to 7 day's that items stay's for max 7 day's in the GTN is also better since 3 day's selling time is short for some off the items and to put the items each 3 day's back on the gtn is at some point also not fun more.

what is your meaning about that?

Another to add to the list:

Add two check boxes for filters: 1 to filter out Cartel Market items and 1 to filter out anything that is NOT a Cartel Market item. This would be very useful for those of us who want to see weapons or armor, for example, that are either crafted or obtained through the CM. Thanks!

Seeing as the thread has already been necro'd, I'd like to add a +1 to this :) browsing for non crafting dyes is a pain when you have to go through all the pages of crafted ones first.