Gearing Cmpanions

Miyaka_Vigiles

I have just arrived on Tatoonie and noticed that there is a vendor that sells orange gear for money.

Where can I find a similar vendor?

Even if its a low lvl/high vendor, all I need is orange gear that can be bought with money.

My basic idea was to get badges on each planet and buy orange comadation gear but I cant do that for all my companions (that would need way too many badges).

I have just arrived on Tatoonie and noticed that there is a vendor that sells orange gear for money.

Where can I find a similar vendor?

Even if its a low lvl/high vendor, all I need is orange gear that can be bought with money.

My basic idea was to get badges on each planet and buy orange comadation gear but I cant do that for all my companions (that would need way too many badges).

Nar Shaddaa also has such a vendor in the promenade. You can try your luck on the trade network as well.

Hands: Taris Armor Vendor, Quest Specialty Goods Vendor (27,250 credits)

Legs: Belsavis Armor Vendor (47,850 credits)

Feet: Light / Dark side vendors on the fleet (8,000 credits)

Chest: Nar Shaddaa and Tattooine Armor Vendors (14,050 credits)

Weapons: Dromund Kaas, Coruscant, Taris, Nar Shaddaa, Tattooine, Alderaan, Quesh, Hoth, Belsavis, Corellia, Ilum (varying credits)

No one sells customizable bracers or belts :( The head appears to only be sold for Commendations, but on 3 different planets, for 12 commendations each: Nar Shaddaa, Hoth and Belsavis - so you can spread your commendations out to get a helm for each companion :)

Edited by Zoopercat

Hands: Taris Armor Vendor, Quest Specialty Goods Vendor (27,250 credits)

Legs: Belsavis Armor Vendor (47,850 credits)

Feet: Light / Dark side vendors on the fleet (8,000 credits)

Chest: Nar Shaddaa and Tattooine Armor Vendors (14,050 credits)

Weapons: Dromund Kaas, Coruscant, Taris, Nar Shaddaa, Tattooine, Alderaan, Quesh, Hoth, Belsavis, Corellia, Ilum (varying credits)

No one sells customizable bracers or belts :( The head appears to only be sold for Commendations, but on 3 different planets, for 12 commendations each: Nar Shaddaa, Hoth and Belsavis - so you can spread your commendations out to get a helm for each companion :)

You are my hero :)

I know you're not there yet, but once you get to level 50 there are daily quests on belsavis and several of them will allow you to gear your companions up with nice level cap stuff. The gear you get for them from these quests has the companion's name on it and is only wearable by them.

It's interesting that there are so few moddable belts and bracers. I don't have the rakata belt drop yet from raiding, but I was able to purchase a "Pilot's belt" using my fleet comms and then put raid-gear mods into it. I had to spend fleet-comms because that's literally the only way I could think of to get my hands on a fully moddable belt.

Could people please stop spreading this misinformation

Bear in mind that companions cannot wear any gear with a light or dark requirement.

Yes they can wear gear with light or dark requirement.

Companions don't have an alignment of their own, but their ability to wear alignment gear is dependent on your playable characters alignment.

If you're light III then all your companions can wear light III gear

If you're dark IV then your companions can wear dark IV gear

And so on and so on...

And look at this:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7393/sssib.jpg

It's a companion and it is wearing light side gear

Edited by Eternalnight

I know you're not there yet, but once you get to level 50 there are daily quests on belsavis and several of them will allow you to gear your companions up with nice level cap stuff. The gear you get for them from these quests has the companion's name on it and is only wearable by them.

Is this gear better than Orange Gear with Commidation mods into them?

Is this gear better than Orange Gear with Commidation mods into them?

I believe he means the daily heroic4 quest on Belsavis which rewards you with orange companion weapons with blue lvl50 mods on them.

The "gear" they were referring to is actually just Orange Weapons designed for them. You receive these by doing a heroic Daily quest on Belsavis. For the empire the Mission is called "lights Out" and the republic version is called "Open Communication". Both can be soloed if you don't mind a death or two. If you're a stealth class you can do it with no deaths.

At 50 either way you can give your same stats companion your hand-me-downs while the rest you can gear up using commendations after you're done using them on yourself. Also you might on occasion get lucky to be in a group and win an item that no one needs to which you can give to your companion.

Also if you have a decent GTN you can keep an eye on that for upgrades for your companions.