Darth Maul is alive and Obiwan fighting with a Red LightSaber

Eommer

Last episode Clone War Season 4 Epis 22 - Revenge

While Darth Maul (yes he is alive and back) was about to kill Obiwan, Ventress comes to kill Mauls Brother Savage Opress too. Here the follow conversation:

Obiwan: Ventress?

Ventress:It looks like I'm here to rescue you.

Obiwan: When did you become the good guy?

Ventress: Don't insult me.

Obiwan: Ah, what a lovely sight to wake up to.

Ventress: Don't flatter yourself, Kenobi.

Obiwan: You've never been much to look at, especially now.

Savage (Mauls Brother): The witch and the Jedi.

Darth Maul: Here for our taking.

Ventress pass one of her lightsabers to Obiwan at this point.

Ventress: I want that back.

Obiwan: That's fine. Red's not my color.

To see directly go to 17:00 minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trqqnVt6YzM

Edited by Eommer

hehehe...tired about people saying that Bioware just kill the Star Wars lore.

Doctor Sheldon Cooper talk man...

Technically they still did. He used it as a last resort to ensure his way out.

In game people would be using red sabers just cause they can.

Technically they still did.
Not at all

He used it as a last resort to ensure his way out.
Eh, he just said it wasn't his color.... he had no trouble using it.

In game people would be using red sabers just cause they can.
So... red's their color... like Leia?

Guess its to combat people saying Jedi dont use red sabers.

Yet Obi-wan showed in a comical way that Jedi don't use red sabers and aren't even supposed to like using one..hense how he made the joke on how he didn't even want it and tossed Ventress' saber back at her asap when he got his blue saber back.

Funny how people are so desperate that they try to justify JEDI using red sabers... :rolleyes:

Edited by Eillack

The color of the saber means nothing, look at Exar Kun, the first creator and wielder of the double bladed lightsaber, its' focusing crystal and color is blue. The red focusing crystals are a result of Sith alchemy, and has become traditionally but not exclusively associated with the Sith, with red being the color of passion (an important tenet in the Sith Code) Purple is also mostly associated with the Sith (Darth Bane's Lightsaber color was purple) and that is why some controversy rose when Windu created his purple-colored lightsaber but he insisted on using it, so strictly speaking, lightsaber color is just that, color. Edited by celebrei

The color of the saber means nothing, look at Exar Kun, the first creator and wielder of the double bladed lightsaber, its' focusing crystal and color is blue.

Exar Kun wasn't always evil and he just kept his orig color really....

This isn't even canon. Maul was killed on Naboo. End of story.

But it is Canon, it has always been, it's also canon how many years after the clone wars, Darth Maul searched and fought Obi Wan Kenobi while hiding in Tattoine.

So you know, Adi Gallia used a red lightsaber so theres a source that jedi can and she used a synthetic crystal too.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adi_Gallia

Gallia progressed through the academy until she graduated and was selected by a Master for one-on-one training. Crafting a lightsaber using a synthetic red crystal.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

But it is Canon, it has always been, it's also canon how many years after the clone wars, Darth Maul searched and fought Obi Wan Kenobi while hiding in Tattoine.

How is it canon? It completely ignores the happenings between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. It's a spin-off. Anyways I believe that was non-canon as well.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Maul

Scroll down to the Non-canon section.

How is it canon? It completely ignores the happenings between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. It's a spin-off. Anyways I believe that was non-canon as well.

You're correct about Maul & Obi-Wan on Tatooine... that's from an Infinities project (SW's version of Marvel's "What If...?" or DC's "Elseworlds") called Visionaries...

...but The Clone Wars is about as canon as can be. How does it ignore what happened between AOTC and ROTS otherwise? Right now, all it's 'ignoring' are the comics and books set between AOTC & ROTS--and there's enough wiggle-room in the show and the books that you could argue that nearly all of it still happens, just in slightly different ways (though Ventress' story is very different from how it played out in the comics).

The only real sticking point I've noticed is Anakin's line to Dooku at the beginning of ROTS about being twice as powerful as the last time they met (implying the AOTC duel). They've clashed a few times in TCW so far, but it could still work. Filoni & Crew have also been good about not letting Anakin & Grievous officially meet; they crossed paths in the episode where Grievous kills Captain Tarpals, when the Gungans exchanged Grievous for Anakin, but Anakin was unconscious at the time.

lol the people saying jedi's can use red lightsaber's obviously know nothing about Starwar's lore at all. no jedi ever used a red saber. that was a 1 time situation where he had too. red sabers are sith color and sith only.

Seems like you're the one who doesn't know the lore... the lore of the EU, in which this game is set.

The movies are not the only lore there is for Star Wars, they're just the highest level of it--and really only pertinent to the time period of the films themselves. 3900 years before the films? Mace having the 'only' purple saber, Jedi not being allowed to marry for love, and Jedi pretty much being restricted to blue or green sabers--NONE of that matters. That's the movies, about the decay and fall of the Jedi Order, because they've been uptight jerks for 1,000 years.

It's canon because Lucas says it is. Anything Lucas says is canon is canon. Especially if he works on it. And he works on The Clone Wars, at least with plot ideas.

And there have been at least four Jedi that used red sabers - Adi Gallia, Leia, her daughter Jaina, and Mara Jade. Though I think some sources call the last one magenta. Close enough.

and the big point was "Red is not my color"

Red is not my color is not the same thing as I can't or shouldn't use red.

Edited by CelticMutt

Seems like you're the one who doesn't know the lore... the lore of the EU, in which this game is set.

The movies are not the only lore there is for Star Wars, they're just the highest level of it--and really only pertinent to the time period of the films themselves. 3900 years before the films? Mace having the 'only' purple saber, Jedi not being allowed to marry for love, and Jedi pretty much being restricted to blue or green sabers--NONE of that matters. That's the movies, about the decay and fall of the Jedi Order, because they've been uptight jerks for 1,000 years.

Theres also the whole thing with saber crystals.

Before the Russan Reformation, lightsabers existed in virtually every shade and color. After the Reformation, the majority of crystal sites are destroyed or quarantined, leaving places like Ilum as the only place to get crystals.

Jedi use green and blue sabers, because those are the ones they have access too. This is why sabers of exotic colors are rare and unique because they are either difficult or downright impossible to find. Heck even Windu fits this rule, because he wanted a better crystal (his purple one) and he had to go through tons of hardships to finally get it.

lol the people saying jedi's can use red lightsaber's obviously know nothing about Starwar's lore at all. no jedi ever used a red saber. that was a 1 time situation where he had too. red sabers are sith color and sith only.

Funny. I seem to recall Leia useing a scarlet blade on several occasions.....

Besides many jedi players lean dark side and were practicaly forced into useing red. in addition they are actually UNABLE TO USE blue and green. Considering your aversion to any jedi useing red at any time im left to wonder why i didn't see you whineing about that. This patch is a step in the right direction and is 100% supported by cannon. Deal with it.

Edited by TheBentOne