Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

Adovir
05.11.2015 , 12:25 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Where is the PvP guide for Gunslingers ?

Of course the guides for OP classes arrive first ... No surprise here ... Move on ...
Wow, way to be a **** dude. The guy mains a shadow and is the #1 shadow so he thought he'd put something out there to help all members of the community. Now you know the reasoning behind it so now try to find ways to counter it, evolve to counter the current meta it doesn't matter if the class is OP or not it's not this guys fault that it is the class he has mained for a long time. If you want a guide so badly for GS why don't you make one your self or ask the best players that stream, I believe Cryyc is coming back so there is always that
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Rilok_Singz
05.11.2015 , 12:36 PM | #42
Also bro i'm sure you thought about it, but why not make some instructional vids to correspond with your guide. Its one thing for people to read it, but another for them to see it.

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 12:43 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Rilok_Singz View Post
Also bro i'm sure you thought about it, but why not make some instructional vids to correspond with your guide. Its one thing for people to read it, but another for them to see it.
I was going to do that with the "Maps" section, showing detailed breakdowns of how to use each map to the fullest.

DomiSotto
05.11.2015 , 03:39 PM | #44
Thanks, Kre’a.

I find as a tank, it is hard for me to choose what I want to put as a Focus Target – the foe’s DPS, or friendly heals/most likely to be focused DPS, so I can swap quickly with the modifier. Looking at your text though, I am wondering if I should keep Focus on the friendly as it is easier to pre-set, and start using the Target’s Target to track the party member getting focused. It’s something I had on my L2 list before I took a break from my tank.

I am looking forward to the section on the maps once it’s finished, even though I don’t play a Shadow. But the Arena maps were never fully explored strategically, so it will be helpful to see it from the PoV of someone who literally saw each one hundreds of time (scary, I know).

We really need a sticky or a resource page with the PvP Specific Guides. Zetsuma-Vesev’s Guardian, Hottie’s Scop Heals…. These things tend to get lost in the class fora.

I too wonder at this need to sabotage anything good. Boggles the mind….
Deal.

Cryowolf
05.11.2015 , 04:25 PM | #45
Nice guide, thanks. I won't be dusting mine off, but definitely pointed out some good tips for helping me better counter the ones I run into.
Raisins--Scoundrel--The Harbinger

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 06:04 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Thanks, Kre’a.

I find as a tank, it is hard for me to choose what I want to put as a Focus Target – the foe’s DPS, or friendly heals/most likely to be focused DPS, so I can swap quickly with the modifier. Looking at your text though, I am wondering if I should keep Focus on the friendly as it is easier to pre-set, and start using the Target’s Target to track the party member getting focused. It’s something I had on my L2 list before I took a break from my tank.

I am looking forward to the section on the maps once it’s finished, even though I don’t play a Shadow. But the Arena maps were never fully explored strategically, so it will be helpful to see it from the PoV of someone who literally saw each one hundreds of time (scary, I know).

We really need a sticky or a resource page with the PvP Specific Guides. Zetsuma-Vesev’s Guardian, Hottie’s Scop Heals…. These things tend to get lost in the class fora.

I too wonder at this need to sabotage anything good. Boggles the mind….
I have updated the maps section in the original post in the shadow forums, but i will update it here too, for QoL for the lazy . It is best to have a hotkey to acquire Target's target as well as Acquire Focus Target's Target, and have a focus target set to a heavy hitting dps, this will net you the most protection per match.

DomiSotto
05.11.2015 , 07:46 PM | #47
Thank you, I will give it a try & check the maps out.
Deal.

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 08:20 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DomiSotto View Post
Thank you, I will give it a try & check the maps out.
No problem

Darth__Reaver
05.11.2015 , 09:33 PM | #49
Ty for the guide even tho I'm still the type of player who "goes his own way" none of the less ty. Btw way better then Evo.

KumbayaGOD
05.11.2015 , 11:03 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
Sure, I sacrifice the armor buff for 30% DR while stunned. This is because the armor utility only increases DR by 4.7% (last time I checked) but in ranked, stuns will be flying out left and right, so having 30% DR while stunned will give you more survivabilty than the armor utility will. The movement speed is actually a good utility, but is more effective in Drception than Hatred because Deception has no rotational slows or roots while Hatred does have a root in it's core damage rotation. Also, it sounds like you don't take the knockback root, which is truly valuable, as I will explain later when I finish updating the "Maps" section of the guide.
i take the knockback root because it is 5 sec roots which huge , i will follow your skill tree krea , thank you for your guide
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE