Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Krea's Shadow/Assassin PvP Guide

AxeDragoneth
05.11.2015 , 09:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
I guess people just really really hate the class as a whole D:
You can say it breeds a lot of.... hatred.

Rahc, All-Galaxy Powertech [when top3 PT mattered]
Ignore me, I'm just washed up and salty.

AlrikFassbauer
05.11.2015 , 10:36 AM | #32
Where is the PvP guide for Gunslingers ?

Of course the guides for OP classes arrive first ... No surprise here ... Move on ...
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Floplag
05.11.2015 , 10:40 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Exosasa View Post
What's with all the hate? It's not our fault the class was made OP--hell, myself and others don't even main Hatred. This guide encompasses all specs, not just FotM.
Speaking only for myself, i hate any spec that become so overpowered that it takes skill out of the equation... as much as anything resembling skill is actually a factor in these games, and thats what Sins/Shadows are right now in PVP. When that class is so dominant on the leaderboards that the rest become insignificant... its a problem.

That isn't intended to be an insult to the good players, far from it, but lets be real.. when a class is OP and even an average player rises well above his ability, the good players become ungodly strong.

No, it is not your fault the class was made OP.. and those of you that have played one even before all this just got touched by the gods... and when i say FOTM i am not referring to those who stood with it when it wasn't what it is now, but those who are only playing it for that reason and were not maining sins prior to the release of 3.X

Frankly i think i have as much or more issues with Ops 1V1, but in team environments... well weve all seen the leaderboards

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 11:21 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Bryanseven View Post
Thanks for the write up, I finally gave up on Marauder because it is so boned in the utilities.

Can you talk about Tank in dps gear? I really like deprevating bolts, because it looks so cool and is about to useable on the move.

Thanks!
Sure, I will update that section of the guide. There is actually a special set of high endurance dps gear that I use when I tank sometimes in solo ranked that is capable of putting out a lot of damage while maintaining pretty good survivability.

Jinre_the_Jedi
05.11.2015 , 11:25 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post

Of course the guides for OP classes arrive first ... No surprise here ... Move on ...
I beg your pardon? I have literally years of knowledge of Shadow/Assassin. This guide took 7-8 hours to write. If you would like to create a comprehensive guide on Gunslingers, then by all means, do so and i will support it, but you don't need to come here and sling mud because you are upset that I took time out of my day to put together a guide for my main class first, that's just childish.

Jimmajamma
05.11.2015 , 11:45 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Here you go

It's all in Sniper terminology, so you will have to convert to GS. Other than that, pretty straightforward.
Garbinger
Dirty-randy
Make America Great Again

Aetideus
05.11.2015 , 11:55 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinre_the_Jedi View Post
I guess people just really really hate the class as a whole D:
You should blame BW not them.
BW modified a slightly op spec pre-3.0 to a PvP swiss knife.
The class is excellent and didnt need op specs.

Vallerine
05.11.2015 , 11:58 AM | #38
So basically you play hatred, DOT everyone and kite?

Oh healing out of combat while mezzing someone shouldn't be allowed tbh. No wonder there are so many assassins in the top 100, because of the overpowered class.

Adovir
05.11.2015 , 12:02 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Exosasa View Post
No! Don't post it here! Now everyone else will know how we work and learn to counter it .
A META SHIFT THE **** IS THIS SHlT!?!?! THE DEVS WILL GET A VERY STRONGLY WORDED POST ABOUT THIS!!!
you know you want to
Quote:
speak not to that which you do not know lest you look a fool
ToFN's resident regstar scoundrel

Jimmajamma
05.11.2015 , 12:08 PM | #40
Why do people need to come in here and bash the class? Everyone knows they are too strong. Trying to derail this thread by bringing up something everyone knows makes you look petty. Just say "thanks", or "nice guide", or give feedback/suggestions on the guide.

Kre'a, from what it looks like, seems to be doing much more than a lot of people to help the community. Take your grievances elsewhere.
Garbinger
Dirty-randy
Make America Great Again