Summer of SWTOR Update

BruceMaclean

Hello everyone!

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

• The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

new story arc = PvE content

new operation = PvE content

new operation = PvE content

4v4 arenas = PvP content

new gear = PvP/PvE content.

so the update you (bioware) have been hyping for the last ~2 months as being the best thing since sliced bread for PvPers, is going to be mostly about adding PvE content? please tell me that this is the most broad outline of an update ever.....

and new gear? again? ffs...... :rolleyes:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh...so...4v4 "arenas" is all you have slated for PvP? Bruce....who's asking for SMALLER warzones?! We need/want MORE warzones, not smaller ones.

I have to agree with TUXs on this.

Can we get a clarification?

Are you guys mentioning 4x4 Arenas because that's the major new thing for PVP or because that will be the only thing for PVP (along with the gear) and there will not be any new normal WZs?

Dear Eric,

I must confess, I am an altoholic. It started many years ago when I started playing Diablo 2 and got myself into Guild Wars 2 for 6 years with 19 characters.

So here I am in SWTOR. I really like the game, there are some flaws and I don't always feel like EA/BW get it right when it comes to customer appreciation and such, but I really do like this game...and I have 14 characters and a 15th slot ready to go.

Now, why do I bring this up here? Well, I do take certain level of pride in my alts. So at the moment I have 9 level 55s and am getting close to having all of them in at least 66 gear and fully augmented with purple 66 augments. Not quite there yet but just two characters left that aren't fully there yet. My main is 69/72 geared and really needs a little time still to be fully 72. I am not even looking at 75 yet because nice as it is, NiM is not an easy undertaking and it will likely be a while before I can get there.

So please, don't bring in a higher level of augments. It's taken so much work. time, credits, crafting to do it and I would cry. I might add that Oct 1 is my birthday...I prefer to celebrate it over crying.

Also please don't bring more than one new tier out. I am not a hardcore endgamer but I do like to be at least close to maximum gear.

And finally. I do appreciate that you are bringing out lots of content this year still, with the previous thoughts in mind that I hope you're not gonna turn it into a big rat race for gear at high speed. I really am happy there's lots more content coming and it makes me happy to see that there's quite a lot coming, but please do not forget horizontal progression. If it's just going to be more fp's and ops with higher level gear and new level caps then I think you are not doing this game justice.

I am patient (still here playing), but I have to admit that I loved reading this thread until it said new elder gear. It really does worry me. It was painstaking to get all those toons augmented. It was painful to upgrade as it was. If I have to do that again within a matter of months, I just....well, no, that would really suck...unless of course you'd make it a LOT less painful to augment characters. Surely, I can't be the only altoholic in this game?

PS: This post is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I do essentially mean what I put forward here.

Edited by Tsillah

and new gear? again? ffs...... :rolleyes:

I kinda feel the same :D

reading this again it might just be new skins to go along with the new ops / warzones it doesn't say a new tier of end game gear but these blog "updates" are not very informative and just a lot of PR speak no real info

I think I remember Jessy Sky mention that the gear designs were going to go with the "theme" of the ops in future content

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Hello everyone!

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

• The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

really? instead of more pve content which you guys seem to love adding, make a pvp patch with new maps for pvp.. i dont undertstand how you can have 20 million planets that are HUGE but yet its hard to make a pvp map every few months. 4v4 sounds cool i guess but what about rwz? no incentive still to do those

I have to agree with TUXs on this.

Can we get a clarification?

Are you guys mentioning 4x4 Arenas because that's the major new thing for PVP or because that will be the only thing for PVP (along with the gear) and there will not be any new normal WZs?

I'm afraid that if this is all there is, 4v4 will be the best they could hope for. What a freaking disappointment Bruce...seriously...do you guys pay ANY attention to your customers?! Who asked for 4v4???

uh...so...4v4 "arenas" is all you have slated for PvP? Bruce....who's asking for SMALLER warzones?! We need/want MORE warzones, not smaller ones.

This.

Once again, the PvP community has been rooked, and left crumbs. 2.4 isn't "the great pvp patch". It's just another PvE centric patch with something resembling Arenas in them.

Nothing more.

Oh wait, new gear to regrind, instead of actually being able to gear an alt or two. Keep that hamster wheel going with lackidaisical PvP actual content.

Edited by islander

Bioware I really hope that there is more coming for the PvP players than just 4vs4 arenas. We have been waiting for some time for season one of ranked and a new map...oh and a properly working bolster system.

I was under the impression that 2.4 was going to mainly be a PvP update and it appears that it has as much PvE if not more than PvP.

New warzones, season one, working bolster are some of the things we have been asking for from over a year ago to as recent as well bolster hit 2.0 on the test server.

Don't get me wrong I am curious to see how arenas pan out but I was looking for a reason to resub and I don't think arenas alone will do it.

Edited by cycao

Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of hitting our schedules for the Summer of SWTOR

• New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

BW, You said 2.4 would be a PvP update. Your loyal PvP supports are sticking around through the bolster debacle, the year long + "preseason of ranked", and bugs that (like roaches) once you fix one, two new ones pop up. We are loyal, we stick around through summer even though you introduce nothing for us whatsoever. We do this on the promise of 2.4.

Then all I see in 2.4, based off the information you have released, is 3 PvE items and 1 PvP. If you are only going to give PvPers one patch per expansion for them, rather than introduce stuff every PvE patch, then at least make the "PvP" patch about PvP, not PvE.

I know your gonna say the list isnt exhaustive and have more instore, to which I will say, well the info you released should have been all PvP info and the PvE stuff you have instore for that patch should have been on the list of stuff not told to the community.

Good job on the arenas and what ever else PvP you have store, please dont let arenas be the only thing though.

Edited by Mikeieveli

as many other players has mention....WHY IN JAWA HELL IS 2.4 IS A PVE PATCH ?

I like pve as much as the next guy, but you said bruce that 2.4 will be a MAJOR pvp patch. I think you got your "e" and "p" mixed up there.

I'm with ya astro...I PvE as much as I PvP...I'm fine with a PvE update...but we were promised a freaking PvP update...FINALLY! We were TOLD PvP. We were PROMISED PvP. This is a freaking PvE update with a few minutes worth of work for PvPers. What a pathetic and lazy excuse of an update...

• New 4v4 Warzone Arenas

New planet = Everyone/RPer's

New Op = Raiders

New Op = Raiders

New 4*4 Arenas (Note PLURAL) = PvPers

New Gear Grind = yuck! Time to start saving up those WZ comms again!

Get out your torches and don't even bother to read the last part about exhaustive list!

I'm hoping they're just hitting a few points on 2.4, because while I'm pretty pleased with new ops as someone who primarily plays pve, 2.4 was billed as the pvp patch. Any pvp question that has come up in the last months has been answered with 'just wait for 2.4.' If 4x4 arenas are it...good luck to you, devs, good luck to you.

I dont think this is the response they expected.

That's because their so flipping removed from reality it's sick. If they'd take 5 minutes to read the freaking PvP forum, they'd see a hundred phenomenal suggestions...4v4?! And I bet you that those are in the existing WZ's we have...all they did was cap them at 4 players, not 8.

I dont think this is the response they expected.

That's what happens when you put PvP development on the back burner, introduce a terrible, TERRIBLE bolster system that should have never made it to live and with the first summer of swtor update say that 'patch 2.4 will be centered around PvP' and offer no details beyond that (lol /rubshands) and then release details of said PvP patch to include more PvE content than PvP.

Frustrating to say the least. Though with almost a year of waiting for content at least we are getting some even though the community seems somewhat divided on arenas as I was against it for some time but would take anything at this point.