Where did my decorations go?

ladyhesper

So about 2-4 weeks ago, I picked up every single decoration in my stronghold, preparing to redesign everything. Then I got busy, and never got around to doing so. Now, over half my decorations are missing from the decorations window. This includes decorations I bought via Cartel Market, Galactic Market, and through vendors. How do I get them back?!

There may have been one or two game updates between the time I picked up decorations and now.

I will also be submitting a customer service ticket.

So about 2-4 weeks ago, I picked up every single decoration in my stronghold, preparing to redesign everything. Then I got busy, and never got around to doing so. Now, over half my decorations are missing from the decorations window. This includes decorations I bought via Cartel Market, Galactic Market, and through vendors. How do I get them back?!

There may have been one or two game updates between the time I picked up decorations and now.

I will also be submitting a customer service ticket.

Ever since Bioware introduced the ability to "search" your decorations list it has been finicky about what it displays. It also sometimes will not display items if you are in edit mode and have a hook selected. It tends to only show you items that would fit on that hook, rather than all of your items with some grey'd out if they wouldn't fit there.

To see if the items you are looking for are truly missing from your decoration list, I would suggest the following:

1- Leave your stronghold so that you are certain you are out of edit mode.

2- Open your personal stronghold decorations list and make sure it is displaying "All" (not "All Available" and not any particular category, but the broadest "All" that is possible).

3- Check that list for the decorations you picked up, making sure that they are not 0/999 or whatever their limit is, and that they appear there when you are not in the decorating UI.

If you can see the items you are looking for, then it is a matter of the "search" or "display" shenanigans I mentioned at the top of this post.

If you cannot see the items you are looking for, then definitely submit a ticket asking why the decorations are not showing up.

Because, if you picked them up and have not put them back down anywhere, they should be there or else I suspect a bug of some type.

Good luck!

She's not kidding. The Search window for stronghold decorations, how best to explain ... IT'S A TRAP!

If it starts filtering decorations even after you press Clear or manually delete the textbox contents, the only solution is to quit the game and restart. Simply re-logging a character won't fix it.

There's also a situation where some items will get filtered that doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Search box. I've never quite been able to track down the cause.

For example, I have a ton of Astromech droid pets that make fine decorations.

If I search for "a", I should be able to see them all, but sometimes I see a handful of them.

Yet if I search for "ast", suddenly they're all there. Go figure.

Good luck finding your decorations!

Edited by Xina_LA

She's not kidding. The Search window for stronghold decorations, how best to explain ... IT'S A TRAP!

If it starts filtering decorations even after you press Clear or manually delete the textbox contents, the only solution is to quit the game and restart. Simply re-logging a character won't fix it.

There's also a situation where some items will get filtered that doesn't appear to have anything to do with the Search box. I've never quite been able to track down the cause.

For example, I have a ton of Astromech droid pets that make fine decorations.

If I search for "a", I should be able to see them all, but sometimes I see a handful of them.

Yet if I search for "ast", suddenly they're all there. Go figure.

Good luck finding your decorations!

When the search box doesn't clear, what always works for me is to type something new into the box (even just random letters) and then clear again, then they all pop back up. Of course, this may not work for everyone but it's worth a try before quitting the game.

Edited by KamiSongheart

When the search box doesn't clear, what always works for me is to type something new into the box (even just random letters) and then clear again, then they all pop back up. Of course, this may not work for everyone but it's worth a try before quitting the game.

Sadly, it doesn't work for me. If I type something like "a" and then clear it, it seems like everything pops back up, and for awhile I thought it did. Unfortunately, I started noticing that some decorations were still missing. It's most of the list but not everything. At least it's better than a big empty inventory.

I've tried a few times to figure out what causes it, hoping if I put in a good bug report they'd fix it, but it's still a mystery to me.

Edited by Xina_LA