Queues on East Coast Servers

EricMusco

We are getting a bit closer. We are almost to the point of having things back up for us to test their stability. If everything goes well, roughly a 20 minute ETA.

-eric

Awesome, we know you get a lot of flak for this and that's but the quick communication and replies are refreshing even if our frame rates aren't.

Edited by LeBrood

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, it doesn't make any sense, east coast servers are literally the only ones that ever get shut down for any reason, what the **** is going on over there

Incorrect, for a while it was Harbinger. Harbinger was always being shut down until recently. I been on Ebon Hawk for over 5 years and this is the first time the East Coast servers have had any problems. While it is a frustrating, it is incorrect to say no other servers have been shut down for problems, when the Harbinger has had a history of it.

As a Harbinger resident, I'm not really sure what to do with myself. A non-harbinger server is having issues? Whaaaa?? I almost feel like they should just power down Harby as well, 'cause it just doesn't feel right. :p

Keith, I hope you feel the love, in spite of all the angry video gamers. Just laugh it off and keep on doing what you do. :)

Edited by teclado

Incorrect, for a while it was Harbinger. Harbinger was always being shut down until recently. I been on Ebon Hawk for over 5 years and this is the first time the East Coast servers have had any problems. While it is a frustrating, it is incorrect to say no other servers have been shut down for problems, when the Harbinger has had a history of it.

wait what? its been like 6 times in a month the servers go down lol

Edited by scardera

Seriously, it doesn't make any sense, east coast servers are literally the only ones that ever get shut down for any reason, what the **** is going on over there

Enough with the dramatics.... New servers, new data center, whatever the reason, it happens.... And no, speaking as someone who has been here since launch, this hasn't been a regular occurrence for east coast servers. We have been pretty much trouble free for years as far as outages.

I could count the times that the Harbinger went down over the last five years... but I only have ten fingers and ten toes, so... I would need help...

As a Harbinger resident, I'm not really sure what to do with myself. A non-harbinger server is having issues? Whaaaa?? I almost feel like they should just power down Harby as well, 'cause it just doesn't feel right. :p

Keith, I hope you feel the love, in spite of all the angry video gamers. Just laugh it off and keep on doing what you do. :)

They swapped out the evil sith hamsters running Harbinger and stuffed them into JC.....Cantankerous little bastards.

I could count the times that the Harbinger went down over the last five years... but I only have ten fingers and ten toes, so... I would need help...

May i suggest counting Hutt toes, they are infinite

We are getting a bit closer. We are almost to the point of having things back up for us to test their stability. If everything goes well, roughly a 20 minute ETA.

-eric

But why did it take almost 30 min for anything to be posted on Twitter or the forums? The in game message said to check social media and the forums for info.....for which there was NOTHING! Who had the 1 job that they failed at?

• Dev Post

Thanks! Servers should be up soon!

On a side note, it seems the east coast servers have been laggier since you guys started using these "newer servers," and I'm not sure why that would be. I've been playing the game from the west coast and had stable latebcy throughout my entire five year plus time playing the game, and recently the lag has started to become irritating.

:\

On a side note, it seems the east coast servers have been laggier since you guys started using these "newer servers," and I'm not sure why that would be. I've been playing the game from the west coast and had stable latebcy throughout my entire five year plus time playing the game, and recently the lag has started to become irritating.

All "servers" are in Redmond. East or West are the time zone suggestion only.

I really have not seen a change in lag or latency or ping.

I get solid pin from northern California of 2-25 for west coast and 90-95 to east coast, and have seen no recent changes.

I know some people insist the servers are all in the same location now... but Pingplotter clearly disputes this. So unless the studio is putting in an artificial delay of 70ms from west coast to an east coast labeled server (which would make no sense at all)... there are still two distinct server locations in the US.

Edited by Andryah

Dont let Blizzard hear you laugh, they might send a fleet of Drakes to destroy our servers

they wouldn't need them to destroy the server, pretty sure a lonely grunt unit could do that

Also first few years I had 20ms ping to the east server now correlian run had 20ms when it merged to The Shadowlands i started with 20ms few months later it became 45-60ms if I lucky I will see 20ms and that usual only last few days till server goes stupid. when it goes from 20-40~60ms you notice it, and when starts going higher the difference much much greater.

Edited by Kyuuu