Old Augment Slots

DiabloDoom

This had better be a BUG and not 'working as intended'. Either way: FAIL

I have crit crafted lvl 49 augmented gear that I can't fit LVL 35 augments in?? Getting the message I need a higher level augment slot? On level 49 gear?? Really??

EDIT: While I'm at it... 'existing' augment slots DO NOT INDICATE WHAT LEVEL THEY ARE.

Edited by Mirthadrond

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This had better be a BUG and not 'working as intended'. Either way: FAIL

I have crit crafted lvl 49 augmented gear that I can't fit LVL 35 augments in?? Getting the message I need a higher level augment slot? On level 49 gear?? Really??

EDIT: While I'm at it... 'existing' augment slots DO NOT INDICATE WHAT LEVEL THEY ARE.

They confirmed this is a problem and looking into a couple pages ago. and since they don't have an augment level even level 1 augments don't work.... SO MUCH FAILS. hopefully a hotfix can be applied? or are we having maintenance again tonight?

It does kind of go off rails from the design system for mod Armor.

I can put any tier mod in any mod slot. There are no levels for them.

But for augments, you have to have the proper tier of augment slot. Even those augments have less over all effect on stats that mods.

This could have been avoided on several levels. The easiest way to have changed this, would have been to apply level restrictions to augments, just like mods, so that a level 11 in an orange gear with a 22 augment could not equip the item, till they were 50.

It's always worked that way. The whole point for the tiered augments is to fix the fact that low level custom stuff is equal to high level stuff, but far cheaper to make. (so effectively far better), which this suggestion, (which, as stated, is how it already has worked for forever) doesn't address. So, it's *intentional* that low level critted stuff is (basically) worthless... because it's mats are (or should be) basically worthless. THAT is the whole point of the tiering system. So there's a point to the lvl 50 orange stuff. and having high skill.

Personally, I probably would have preferred them cranking up ALL the orange schematics to be lvl 50 only, using grade 6 mats. (or dropping them all to lvl 20, or w/e using grade whatever mats. Just as long as they were all equal.)

Edited by GnatB

This --> http://i.imgur.com/Iql2j.jpg

Is complete & utter bollox.

Crit crafted gear prior to 1.3 was expensive (relative to other items of its level due to not being RE'able) to make & therefore expensive to buy, if this image is the correct information then BioWare you just screwed every crafter that made crit-crafted for themselves, sold it, & everyone who bought it.

Your own dev had said this:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449346&page=14

So crit-crafted items should have a augment slot level to match the grade of the item, this not the case.

Which seems to indicate that the problem people have highlighted is a bug, yet the CS says it is not - which is it?

Is your left hand wrong, or your right hand?

Edited by SkuzBukit

Crit crafted gear prior to 1.3 was expensive to make & therefore expensive to buy,

Only the higher level stuff. The lower level stuff was cheap to make, which is why players were churning it out, and is the whole reason for this tiered system.

Only the higher level stuff. The lower level stuff was cheap to make, which is why players were churning it out, and is the whole reason for this tiered system.

I've amended my post.

However, custom gears I crafted of all levels sold at high prices if they had an augment slot in them, some players preferred the lower level item appearance (as I sold the full range at the same base price not adjusted for materials cost).

I feel my customers have been shafted.

I've amended my post.

However, custom gears I crafted of all levels sold at high prices if they had an augment slot in them, some players preferred the lower level item appearance (as I sold the full range at the same base price not adjusted for materials cost).

I feel my customers have been shafted.

Agreed that it's a HORRIBLE move on BW's part. (I would have been inclined to argue that existing slots should have been mk6, regardless of whether or not they were slotted)

(and, of course, I at least sold the lower level stuff for *far* less than I sold the higher level stuff... and the target market was still lvl 50 players, not "at level" players, so relative to other stuff of that level is sort of irrelevant)

Agreed that it's a HORRIBLE move on BW's part. (I would have been inclined to argue that existing slots should have been mk6, regardless of whether or not they were slotted)

(and, of course, I at least sold the lower level stuff for *far* less than I sold the higher level stuff... and the target market was still lvl 50 players, not "at level" players, so relative to other stuff of that level is sort of irrelevant)

Horrible. Also hilarious, in a morbid sort of way. In the very same patch they advertise with the phrase, "CREATE A UNIQUE LOOK," Bioware doesn't just nerf the crap out of lower level, augmented custom equipment going forward; they retroactively nerf the crap out of all existing augmented custom equipment.

It's true that lower level custom gear was cheaper to craft, and thus cheaper to augment, under the old system, but this is very much the wrong way to fix that problem. The whole game seems to be an exercise in well-intentioned-but-premature overcompensation for potential, long-term problems. The devs are furiously adding punitive money sinks, for example -- but they're alienating current players for the sake of fixing a problem (potential inflation) the merest hint of which hasn't even appeared yet. Likewise, the augments-in-low-level-custom-gear issue was an abstract balance problem, the kind of thing that probably should be avoided, but isn't likely to upset or drive away current players.

So what does Bioware do? They make extra damn sure that current players will be annoyed by the fix.

Edited by Invictos

Is your left hand wrong, or your right hand?

Both are wrong, the whole crafting system is pointless, anything craftable bar Biochem and augs are completely useless. I've seen Indie games with grad students designing better crafting systems than this, how embarrassing for BW with all those EA resources at hand.

Edited by DiabloDoom

Bioware doesn't just nerf the crap out of lower level, augmented custom equipment going forward; they retroactively nerf the crap out of all existing augmented custom equipment.

Not really much of a nerf, at least not the intended effect. They gave plenty of notice that existing augmented gear would have converted augment slots if the augments were not slotted. So anyone who sat on augmented gear and didn't slot an augment screwed themselves. Now, the bug part of it is on BW.....where gear WAS augmented and the slot didn't transfer so they can't swap augments on the gear now....or where the gear was supposed to get an augment slot converted to the gear and didn't. But if you stockpiled level 11 augmented orange gear with no slots, then that's on you.....you had way more than enough time to throw an augment in it. I wouldn't call that a "nerf" to existing augmented gear.

Horrible. Also hilarious, in a morbid sort of way. In the very same patch they advertise with the phrase, "CREATE A UNIQUE LOOK," Bioware doesn't just nerf the crap out of lower level, augmented custom equipment going forward; they retroactively nerf the crap out of all existing augmented custom equipment.

It's true that lower level custom gear was cheaper to craft, and thus cheaper to augment, under the old system, but this is very much the wrong way to fix that problem. The whole game seems to be an exercise in well-intentioned-but-premature overcompensation for potential, long-term problems. The devs are furiously adding punitive money sinks, for example -- but they're alienating current players for the sake of fixing a problem (potential inflation) the merest hint of which hasn't even appeared yet. Likewise, the augments-in-low-level-custom-gear issue was an abstract balance problem, the kind of thing that probably should be avoided, but isn't likely to upset or drive away current players.

So what does Bioware do? They make extra damn sure that current players will be annoyed by the fix.

I sort of have to disagree with a few things here.

1. It didn't nerf the crap out of low level custom equipment. It's still just as good as high level custom equipment. It *did* nerf the crap out of low level *crit* custom equipment, but that was rediculously in need of it. I said it before 1..2 dropped, but the heavy handed "everything gets an augment slot" in 1.2 was a HORRIBLE idea. It largely trivialized high skill.

2. The "OPness" of the low level custom stuff being BiS *was* haveing a significant negative effect on new players. Now, I'm not sure it would be enough to drive them away though. Those low level mats were rediculously overpriced because they were used to make those BiS stuff. Which meant there was a significant dearth of low level crafted stuff which those mats SHOULD have been going to for them to buy/use. Now, with that fixed we should see the prices of those mats rapidly settle back to realistic levels, and more "normal" crafted stuff in that range showing up.

Please leave SWTOR crafting in general and tiered augment crafting in particular out of this thread to avoid confusion. 1.3 has introduced a very specific major bug: augmented crafted gear of various levels, including 50, cannot accept ANY augment in its augment slot, of ANY augment tier.

Eh whatever. Customer service can just go ahead and sen me the 3 dozen mk6 kits they owe me. I don't wanna hear about updates, patch notes or anything else. I want my stuff that I spent hours on working as it did. I play, I don't sit around reading notes, diaries or any other garbage.

Stop screwing up already. It's something every time. Get it right and if you can't do be bothered to do that then make it right.

Your complete disregard and respect for our time is literally sickening.

Just get it done.

This is the type of person who needs help.

This is a game. We all pay the same money. We all have the same issues. They will fix it. Calm. Down.

Nice work! You went from wrong to couldn’t be more wrong very nicely there. I know it’s easy to kick BW and put down everything they do in SW:TOR (because most of it is horrible) but you also have to understand that sometimes you just don’t get it. Like this case.

Low level augments are the only part of the system that works, because now as you try and purple out the items you want to use personally you are also getting augment kits for the REs. The mindset that everything is a grind is the problem; in this case augment materials add a consolation prize to not getting the RE you wanted to blue or purple, and creates another incentive to craft. You were already crafting 5 greens on average to get one blue and then 10 blues on average to get one purple; now when this process is done you ALSO have 15 augment parts and can augment the purple you end up crafting. Bonus!

It’s at 50 it’s broken, because who gives a crap about purpling out the level 49 stuff? Recruit gear, which you GET FOR FREE NOW, is way better than 49 crafted purples in just PVE stats. So that’s the tier where you needlessly grind 10 belts to make a kit without any other motivation.

That's the problem. The system didn't NEED low level tiers. People who want to trick out their lowbies are generally playing alts and therefore more than likely have easy access to the materials to make a 'high level tier' augment kit anyways (or the credits to just buy one from the gtn). Augments themselves -already have a level limiting system inherit in them-, so you don't have to fret about a level 11 sorc putting a "high tier augment slot" on their gear and then shoving in a resolve 22 mod because they can't do that anyways.

So you see, there really WASN'T a need for augment tiers. It just overcomplicated and caused problems for a system that already had the checks and balances it needed in place. Having low level augment slots + a level limitation on augments already is just a double redundancy that, as we well see, is causing more problems than it ever should have.

Let's just hope they fix it soon. I've got alts sitting on full sets of level 50 pvp oranges with level 22 mods waiting for them D:

Level 50 augmented gear should have a corresponded MK-6 slot added on craft.

I mean for the love of peaches I have half the gear like that with 22 augments already inserted! If I take it out I can't put it back in...

This is an obvious bug and needs fixing...

Level 50 augmented gear should have a corresponded MK-6 slot added on craft.

I mean for the love of peaches I have half the gear like that with 22 augments already inserted! If I take it out I can't put it back in...

This is an obvious bug and needs fixing...

Newly crafted stuff does, this is a problem of transition. I'm guessing the conversion process to change our kit from old model to new model just didn't happen for some reason.

Please leave SWTOR crafting in general and tiered augment crafting in particular out of this thread to avoid confusion. 1.3 has introduced a very specific major bug: augmented crafted gear of various levels, including 50, cannot accept ANY augment in its augment slot, of ANY augment tier.

Dude, just no. They are related topics which also need to be brought to light more, they are problems, crafting being a major problem. Augments are basically the only piece of gear worth crafting. Apart from creating the MK6 components, craft and RE, yeah they have really put crafting to a good use there .... It just annoys me that this is the best crafting system they can come up with which is the worst I've ever seen!, just shows me how competent they really aren't at designing an MMORPG.

Agreed. It seems as if this issue would come up as quickly on the PTS as it has on live.

Probably didnt come up on PTS because they took away our previously crafted augment slots. I had three items with augment slots but soon as my toon was copied it was removed. But I did hear that they did that because the old augment slots were causing issues but then I also heard they just wanted to test the new stuff. Ionno. But yeah something like that should not have hit live and they should have tested the gear as is and not have made any changes to it.

Yeah, so maybe it's my old brain, but I still can't understand why a crit crafted set of blue boots with a level 29 requirement can't accept a blue augment with a level 29 requirement. Pretty sure they are the same tier.