Master Khoris = most annoying boss ever

This guy is a seriously annoying boss.

You can barely get anything off before you have to move out of an aoe, or he's jumping to you and stunning you and it's just a terrible, thoroughly unenjoyable fight. He's not a difficult boss to defeat, just an unimaginably annoying boss, and is currently #1 on my list of bosses I hate.

Does anyone have any other flashpoint bosses they hate? Is Master Khoris the most annoying boss ever, or can you think of worse ones to fight? Please share.

On my Sorc he's not as bad because I have plenty of instant casts to throw around while moving, but I made this thread after playing my Sniper.

He is very not fun on a Sniper, thank goodness for the instant cast snipe when you go into cover though. If it wasn't for that I don't think I would've gotten anything off! I don't think I managed to get any ambushes off because I never had 2 stacks of snipe and time to use ambush before they dropped off due to the heavy movement in the fight. I did get series of shots off twice, but the second time I ate the aoe lift thing as a result.

Overall it was just tedious and infuriating, especially as he always seemed to pick me to jump to and stun in the last phase.

I remember doing it once on my lowbie marauder, and that was not too bad because his continual knockbacks meant I could jump to him a lot. It did mean a lot of time running out of the aoe and not having much to throw at him from afar though; my mara's only in the teens so I have force scream and that's about it for ranged abilities. But at higher levels I imagine it's not as bad.

I don't like the droid bosses in these tactical fps cause its the only ones i can't seem to get done solo..

Also the droid in the korriban one as well... not soloable i've found.. bioware and there op companion killing droids... ;_;

Edited by AngusFTW

None of the KDY bosses are hard, all can be annoying to some extent, usually dependent upon the class you are playing and the composition of your group.

To me, the bosses just need a longer CD on their special abilities or reduced health. As it is, the fights are long simply because the bosses have high health coupled with spammable mechanics that keep up time low.

Couple that with getting a group without any heals and you spend a few seconds hitting the boss, and the rest of the time running from the circles and beams, running to the grenade cleaner, killing adds, and running to a click to heal box.

Also, for the 55 version, what is with getting Planetary comms on the few elites along with no gear / crafting mat drops while Czerka tactical drops Basic comms, 66 orange gear (decent for unloved companions or vendor fodder), and a chance at EEEs?

I get the version used for pre-55 shouldn't drop Basic comms and 66 gear and EESs, but at 55 when shared with the Czerka FPs in a random queue, I feel KDY drops should be similar to Czerka with the last boss having a chance at an EEE.

Edited by DawnAskham

Does anyone have any other flashpoint bosses they hate? Is Master Khoris the most annoying boss ever, or can you think of worse ones to fight? Please share.

The enhanced Vrrbllrltghttrbbv (even its name is annoying) on Czerka core flashpoint.

I have a jugg tank so the knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun every 10 seconds is extremely aggravating.... (it's supposed to be PvE, not PvP :p)

The enhanced Vrrbllrltghttrbbv (even its name is annoying) on Czerka core flashpoint.

I have a jugg tank so the knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun, knoback + stun every 10 seconds is extremely aggravating.... (it's supposed to be PvE, not PvP :p)

Exactly. The Enhanced Vrblther easily holds the crown for most annoying boss, and I don't even play a tank.

Edited by Danylia

Most annoying boss imo would probably have to be the boss at the end of HM Cademimu. Not particularly because he's difficult or has tricky mechanics or anything along those lines, but because of the constant spamming of those "shackles" roots that have to be removed by another player, and every time I run that FP it seems that I get the most incompetent people who don't watch the group frames for a root debuff to go and remove it, so with me being melee, that's rather problematic since if I get rooted outside of 4m a lot of my attacks aren't able to be used until Derp Groupmember #832,276 comes over to me and breaks the root.

This guy is a seriously annoying boss.

You can barely get anything off before you have to move out of an aoe, or he's jumping to you and stunning you and it's just a terrible, thoroughly unenjoyable fight. He's not a difficult boss to defeat, just an unimaginably annoying boss, and is currently #1 on my list of bosses I hate.

There are some with much more stuns ... but this one has ridiculous amount of HP for such FP (when you can end with 4 turret classes) and can make fight really annoying.

Big difference if I play melee (tank or dps no matter) and simply run around him or I have to stay on place to do reasonable damage (merc/sniper) ... we got 4 merc group once... it was so annoying.

Otherwise simple to the boot ... just move out of stupid circle.

CZ one above have at least ads to check are DPSs sleeping... and is mostly annoying to melee, Khoris is annoying to turret classes and have nothing more than too large HP pool.

As a Juggy tank I'd think you'd be more worried about the Enhanced Duneclaw! The only way I've seen Guardians/Juggernauts tank that fight well is by having a DPS dash over to the generator to be Interceded to. Because the Guardian is SLOW and doesn't have a speed boost or a slow-removing ability. Vanguards can use Hold The Line and Shadows can use Force Speed, but Guardians just get stuck.

As a Juggy tank I'd think you'd be more worried about the Enhanced Duneclaw! The only way I've seen Guardians/Juggernauts tank that fight well is by having a DPS dash over to the generator to be Interceded to. Because the Guardian is SLOW and doesn't have a speed boost or a slow-removing ability. Vanguards can use Hold The Line and Shadows can use Force Speed, but Guardians just get stuck.

I don't have any problems with that boss on my Juggernaut and I don't need to Intercede. You know, we can spec into a speedboost that we get the moment our guarded target is under attack (Rule of Two). Guess what sandstorm does :) Oh, and using mass taunt when the sandstorm begins helps your healer and Saber Reflect reflects the sandstorm.

I agree playing as Sniper Khoris is the most annoying piece of trash. Usually when this boss is picked, I just Entrench and say to hell with the mechanics. But then he force pushes a melee dps half-way across the room and then jumps to him...

Yeah that's actually my experience as a Sniper against this guy :D

The fight I'm always hoping for on my Sniper is the droid :o , drop down under the droids feet and start shooting :D

A little side note, as a sniper you can hold aggro on this *bleep* Jedi pretty easily, the insta-snipe works wonders :D combine that with power shot(?), forgot the name, the semi-insta hard hitting one,works out of cover as well. And you're golden :cool:

Also are all of you position this guy so that he knock you back in to kolto iinjectors? Just wondering

Edited by toha

Also are all of you position this guy so that he knock you back in to kolto iinjectors? Just wondering

You mean like all the time? Force push you from injectors then root you with force leap as you are running back to it. Most of the time your team mates are eager to watch you die and are milking every single nanoseconds that you are tanking the boss so they can pew-pew.

You mean like all the time? Force push you from injectors then root you with force leap as you are running back to it. Most of the time your team mates are eager to watch you die and are milking every single nanoseconds that you are tanking the boss so they can pew-pew.

Not sure what you mean...

But yeah all the time; if position myself correctly, and avoid the circles correctly as well, he launches me into the injector.

Use it when you/the group taken some damage, and reposition so that the next push sends you into the other injector.

Rinse, repeat.

Took me some practice, but it's doable on an Concealment Op, MM Sniper, Mara, Sorc, Merc. Haven't gotten around to doing it on a PT, Sin or a Jugger.

Oh man, I came on here to post the same thing, not surprised so many people have already gotten around to it. I was going crazy this past weekend, obviously running this flashpoint non-stop to level my lowbies. On my Marauder and Assassin it was just so painful, and I kept getting this boss almost every time.

Then I logged on my Sniper. I wanted to punch my monitor by the end of it. This fight is not difficult. Not at all. It is just so pointlessly tedious. This is the worst encounter in the entire game, such horrible design.

Pretty much all boss fights for me. I hate boss fights, especially ones that need an ops group, like world bosses, the Eyeless, those sort of fights. I find them incredibly boring, just endlessly bashing at a big monster while being pestered by ads.

Considering how much I dislike boss fights, I guess choosing an MMO to play wasn't a very smart move on my part. :)

Curiously, having said all that, one of my favourite games of all time is Shadow of the Colossus, which is made of boss fights. But those are interesting boss fights where you get to do cool stuff, rather than "The thing with a gazillion hit points that takes all day to kill as you stab at it with a pin."

I don't have any problems with that boss on my Juggernaut and I don't need to Intercede. You know, we can spec into a speedboost that we get the moment our guarded target is under attack (Rule of Two). Guess what sandstorm does :) Oh, and using mass taunt when the sandstorm begins helps your healer and Saber Reflect reflects the sandstorm.

Yup, Rule of Two is teh awesome. And it doesn't have a limit so the speed boost is up for the whole bit. I also do the Mass taunt and Saber Reflect, I wait for the rampage cast on boss to activate them though, since it seems during the smashes it does the most damage. It's a short window though, 1 second iirc, but since both are off gcd is enough if you are paying attention, if you're not you get stunned (how original:rolleyes:) and you eat the whole thing...

But back to the Vrbrllrterhhre (cba with proper spelling :p) boss, what I don't know how it works is the stun for the others. As tank you have the charming knockback+stun combo every single time. But when I'm healing for example, I sometimes get stunned, sometimes I don't. I don't think it's range, since I tried to be as far as possible, also in melee range, always at the boss' back or side... and no difference...

oh lord, yes. I hate tanking it on my jugg when another group member doesn't run ahead so that I could intercede to them (which happens majority of the time) edited to add... hmm... having seen comments above, maybe I should go over my spec again.

at least the spore boss i can cheese by hanging out on a rock by the entrance. sure, he takes longer to kill, since you can only weaken him half the time, but at least you are not bouncing all over the room.

that said, I find all the bosses in KDY annoying. not hard. annoying. especially as a force user. becasue at least with other characters, even if I cannot really go through a normal rotation, at least I can dot and basic shot them while I'm running away from circles.

Edited by Jeweledleah