Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Confused on the rotation itself, vigilence

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
Confused on the rotation itself, vigilence

MasterHazar
08.11.2018 , 10:35 PM | #1
So granted its been a long time since i played, the rotation just doesn't flow as nice as it used to. I find my skills coming off CD together and/or having all my skills on CD and me having to hit slash once or twice. I've tried looking at some of the rotations but I'm generally confused. Is there a priority of skills that go before the other or am I just overthinking it? Just frustrated with how different the rotation is and not being able to grasp it since coming back. Any help appreciated so I can better understand my bread and butter again.
The Eternal Warrior From Beyond
5/5 HM DF 8 & 16 5/5 HM DP 8 & 16 5/5 NiM TFB 8 man
Redemption - Hazir Antreas Le'noir

Rion_Starkiller
08.13.2018 , 12:39 PM | #2
Vigi is a priority rotation, so you will need to use a filler quite often.

Try to use these 5 "free" fillers: Sundering Strike (builds focus), Blade Barrage, Saber Throw (builds focus), Vigilant Thrust, and Whirling Blade (if procced or enemy below 30% health). Only use Slash if you have excess focus (which should be rare).

Your main abilities that you want to use on CD to maintain DoTs are: Overhead Slash, Plasma Brand, and Blade Storm. Make sure you have enough Focus to be able to use these when they come off CD.

This guide is still pretty accurate: http://dulfy.net/2016/12/30/swtor-5-...de-by-rydarus/. Just ignore the part where he mentions Freezing Force. That ability is no longer viable for PvE as it was heavily nerfed.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

MasterHazar
08.14.2018 , 12:32 AM | #3
Ah okay thanks for the info man. Much appreciated.
The Eternal Warrior From Beyond
5/5 HM DF 8 & 16 5/5 HM DP 8 & 16 5/5 NiM TFB 8 man
Redemption - Hazir Antreas Le'noir

mrphstar
08.14.2018 , 02:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Vigi is a priority rotation, so you will need to use a filler quite often.

Try to use these 5 "free" fillers: Sundering Strike (builds focus), Blade Barrage, Saber Throw (builds focus), Vigilant Thrust, and Whirling Blade (if procced or enemy below 30% health). Only use Slash if you have excess focus (which should be rare).

Your main abilities that you want to use on CD to maintain DoTs are: Overhead Slash, Plasma Brand, and Blade Storm. Make sure you have enough Focus to be able to use these when they come off CD.

This guide is still pretty accurate: http://dulfy.net/2016/12/30/swtor-5-...de-by-rydarus/. Just ignore the part where he mentions Freezing Force. That ability is no longer viable for PvE as it was heavily nerfed.
Thrust is NOT a filler.

Correct rotation:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=944120

Or take a look at the 5.9 rotation someone posted here. While the post itself has many mistakes in it, i wrote a reply with Dos and Donts for guardian/jugg rotation.

Rion_Starkiller
08.14.2018 , 11:11 AM | #5
Don't question my art, man.

Direct quote from Rydarus:
Quote:
When taken as a whole, the rotation fits together like the solution to a complex puzzle, a solution that suddenly explains that the puzzle is simple after all.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

mrphstar
08.14.2018 , 11:14 AM | #6
Don't question my art, man.

Direct quote from Rydarus:
Cant argue with that, but only if you use Thrust/Slam on the same Level as your 3 Dots

AdjeYo
08.14.2018 , 11:55 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mrphstar View Post
Cant argue with that, but only if you use Thrust/Slam on the same Level as your 3 Dots
It's actually on the same level in Rydarus' rotation as well. Though I would argue it's the one you would delay the easiest out of those four abilities.

mrphstar
08.15.2018 , 07:17 AM | #8
You could, but why would you.
Its one of your hardest hiting abilities and if you delay it, the pieces of the puzzle just wont fit together again, untill you delay the whole rotation.
It would **** up your resource management if you replace it with a resource consuming filler.
Gotta have Enrage/Focus ready to bounce back from there without loosing to much dps.

I would agree if you delay it after a downtime, movement phase etc. to start the rotation with the 3 dots all over again.

Rion_Starkiller
08.15.2018 , 10:07 AM | #9
I think you're thinking in terms of dummy parses. In raids and pvp, sometimes you need to time your Thrust DoT spread.
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

KendraP
08.16.2018 , 02:44 PM | #10
I think you're thinking in terms of dummy parses. In raids and pvp, sometimes you need to time your Thrust DoT spread.
Yes but that doesnt make it a filler. Vigi aoe is even easier:
Plasma brand --> smash --> cyclone slash until smash is almost off cd --> overhead slash --> smash --> repeat using sundering strike and combat focus as needed for focus.

Over simplified a bit obviously. But its not worth delaying vigi thrust for a PB spread.