Feedback on master mode chapters

T_T_P

After doing them all solo without the help others I can say that I was slightly disappointed by the difficulty they presented. Very few chapters gave me the sense of accomplishment after finishing them.

Most of the KOTFE chapters were just too easy to be called master mode. KOTET chapters were slightly harder in general but only few of them provided challenge worthy of master mode most notably chapter 2 Run for the Shadows and the rancor fight in Dragon's Maw. Vaylin and Valkorion were pushovers not something I'd expect from the main villains. What I'd personally like to see is a fourth difficulty level called Grandmaster which would add new mechanics to the boss fights and maybe even increase the damage output a little.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions of others who have done some or all chapters?

After doing them all solo without the help others I can say that I was slightly disappointed by the difficulty they presented. Very few chapters gave me the sense of accomplishment after finishing them.

Most of the KOTFE chapters were just too easy to be called master mode. KOTET chapters were slightly harder in general but only few of them provided challenge worthy of master mode most notably chapter 2 Run for the Shadows and the rancor fight in Dragon's Maw. Vaylin and Valkorion were pushovers not something I'd expect from the main villains. What I'd personally like to see is a fourth difficulty level called Grandmaster which would add new mechanics to the boss fights and maybe even increase the damage output a little.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions of others who have done some or all chapters?

Currently working my way through KOTFE and I tend to agree. Haven't gotten to KOTET yet but almost there. I'm stuck on Chapter 16 of KOTFE in the Arcann fight. The damage output seems too high as you approach him for the final shield smash. I always get to that point of the fight and can never make it up the stairs before the damage becomes too much for the shield/Valkorian heals. How did you overcome that?

Currently working my way through KOTFE and I tend to agree. Haven't gotten to KOTET yet but almost there. I'm stuck on Chapter 16 of KOTFE in the Arcann fight. The damage output seems too high as you approach him for the final shield smash. I always get to that point of the fight and can never make it up the stairs before the damage becomes too much for the shield/Valkorian heals. How did you overcome that?

I just made sure to have near full hp before the shield bashes, did all of the chapters as a Hatred assassin if it helps at all. Medpack and Overcharge Saber is a powerful combination.

Only started and on Chapter IV so not much to tell, but from what i can see its same as Veteran, meaning that i die more on trash than on boss fights, its just annoyingly huge damage output, no real work involved in it. I am hatred assassin too "stealth class" so its faster.

I just made sure to have near full hp before the shield bashes, did all of the chapters as a Hatred assassin if it helps at all. Medpack and Overcharge Saber is a powerful combination.

Okay I've cleared this and have moved on to KOTET. So far, I'm finding it a bit more challenging than KOTFE. The Horizon Guard encounter during Chapter 1 in the Voss Temple with Theron and Lana is no joke. Stuck on that at the moment. Damage output is really high. Thundering Blast can one shot you and there are three of them. Unless there's a way to cheese this encounter, this may be considered appropriately Master-ish.

Edited by FiatJustitia

Humbrag thread, lol

Post gear ratings, mastery total, and companion levels.

If you want more challenge, you'd have to calibrate it yourself by wearing weaker gear. I think that's the only way because there's nothing you can do about already having leveled up a companion to 50 or having all the datacrons.

This will be a good side dish in the forum for those threads where people complain master mode chapters are too hard.

I assure you.. we have even had players complain during 4.0 that heroics were too hard and companions were too weak.. right along side threads claiming the opposite.

In other words.. some players will agree with you, some will disagree, and some players will be fine with Master level and some will struggle with story level.

And.... your GrandMaster level is already in game... just run Master level naked, or with your companion on passive. :p

Edited by Andryah

• 2 months later...

I did 7 chapters kinda easy ( tho damage most enemies do is ridiciouls ), had to use every possible save almost each fight with trash. Most of bosses/minibosses did like 30-50% hp hits, some even did like 80%.

Than in chapter 8 i found it is impossible to solo Arcann at last fight, he does ridiciolus damage even through saves, can't cc him, cat really kick, and has alot of hp. He killed tank companion in like few seconds. Either they really increased it difficulty or id like to see solo arcann on master. I have ~240 gear.

Edited by Engik

Difficulty is solely based on gear and companion level. As long as people aren't touching SM I'm cool. So sure add in whatever mechanics but when master mode first entered the scene people struggled in 230 gear and underleveled companions. But the difference in a well geared toon and a level 50 comp is staggering.

My operative nearly died several times on Iokath where you defend your ally faction base. Theron was level 12 and he went splat in 10 seconds (I couldn't get any help from the republic mobs as they just stood there)

Took my Jedi Knight in with a level 47 Theron and the mobs barely touched him dmg wise

Yea companion influence might be a problem in my case, i basically started master from 0, btw HK dies in that fight how can i raise his influence so he doesnt die in 2 hits. Spam gifts before?

Chapter 3? How you kill that walker cause he's laying down AOE and spamming channels. Comp don't live long, and they don't move faster enough when you recall.

Chapter 6 (?) Dragon's Maw. That beast keeps heading for Indo Zal. I can't kill it in time. In story mode he goes for the other rebels first and Indo last but in MM he just makes a beeline for Indo and the fight resets.

I find much of the stuff is easier on my Immortal because of saber reflect. Had Difficulty on chapter 2 with Angral and Tarnis, until I figured engage from stealth (force camo) then use awe. I choke Angral and burst him down, and pacify Tarnis; end of fight.

Difficulty is solely based on gear and companion level. As long as people aren't touching SM I'm cool. So sure add in whatever mechanics but when master mode first entered the scene people struggled in 230 gear and underleveled companions. But the difference in a well geared toon and a level 50 comp is staggering.

My operative nearly died several times on Iokath where you defend your ally faction base. Theron was level 12 and he went splat in 10 seconds (I couldn't get any help from the republic mobs as they just stood there)

Took my Jedi Knight in with a level 47 Theron and the mobs barely touched him dmg wise

The people that done them at start were mostly in 224 gear like me :p

• 2 months later...
So I have been doing most of the KOTET Master Chapters and I'm stuck on Chapter 7. I barely made it past the Horizon Guards and the Captain but I find fighting the Scientific Abominations to be really tough. Both of them hit like a truck and the aoes they drop will kill my companion quickly.

• 3 weeks later...

I do kinda wish there were another step between Story and Veteran, or, at least, that Story scaled to level. As it is, if you hit 70 before starting KotFE, the missions are way too simple.

I do kinda wish there were another step between Story and Veteran, or, at least, that Story scaled to level. As it is, if you hit 70 before starting KotFE, the missions are way too simple.

I agree, the difficulty gap in Story and Veteran for KOTFE seems to be pretty wide. I think scaling would be a good idea.

Aren't companions bolstered to 45 in Master Mode?

I noticed that Darth Marr was boosted to rank 36 in Chapter one, but for example Empress Acina was still rank 1 in KOTET and you really had to take her to fleet to get her affection up! At least when I did it.