Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Are pub stories good?


krakadyla's Avatar


krakadyla
01.10.2019 , 03:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JJKerryee View Post
This isn't completely true. When you arrive at Tython you are basically a nobody..you only start getting called a hero after saving Tython from the Flesh Raider threat. You don't just arrive on the planet and have everyone bow to you for simply existing like you're trying to imply. You also go through one of the worst situations a Jedi can face.
Thing is, 1) Flesh Raiders are pathetic chumps; 2) Consular faces the same chumps and it's brushed off because they are, well, chumps not worth paying attention to. Vermin. You should not be too proud about vermin extermination achievements. Well, not unless you think getting "You tried" award is worth something. And it's not even in the same galaxy with "the worst situations a Jedi can face"

As for the spoiler thing...it's very brief, not detailed and -- most importantly -- at the end of it you find out that you are not just the super duper Chosen One, but, gasp, super duper PROPHECIED Chosen One! With a prophecy to back up your Chosen Oneness! Proof you're better than Revan, Exile and them two + Kreia raised to the 11st power! OMG W T F BBQ!

...yeah. Not a fan of the JK story, if anyone could not guess by now.

JJKerryee's Avatar


JJKerryee
01.11.2019 , 08:24 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
Thing is, 1) Flesh Raiders are pathetic chumps; 2) Consular faces the same chumps and it's brushed off because they are, well, chumps not worth paying attention to. Vermin. You should not be too proud about vermin extermination achievements. Well, not unless you think getting "You tried" award is worth something. And it's not even in the same galaxy with "the worst situations a Jedi can face".
That isn't the point. You don't get congratulated for killing flesh raiders. You get congratulated because you saved Tython from Bengel Morr a dark Jedi who was using the flesh raiders as an army to seize the planet and for saving Master Orgus. You also make an alliance between the Kalikori Village and the Jedi. Consular's story doesn't touch on that subject because it wouldn't make any sense for both stories to work around it since the Knight ends the threat.

About the " worst situations a Jedi can face" I wasn't talking about the flesh raider threat, but talking about falling to the dark side. Also, my point still stands about the fall to the dark side.
Use my referral link, you know you want to: http://www.swtor.com/r/qb2Ygz And we both get good things!
Retreat is not weakness, it is strategy.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
01.11.2019 , 08:39 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
...yeah. Not a fan of the JK story, if anyone could not guess by now.
I'm not either, but for different reasons.

The entirety of Chapter 2 of the JK story can be summed up as "gross stupidity and blindly fatuous optimism". From all participants, including the player character. I'm definitely not a fan of that.

OK, I get that there's a bit of that in all the stories, somewhat (Inquisitor, I'm looking at you), but it's taken to the N thousandth degree by the JK.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

TGaP_Andrey's Avatar


TGaP_Andrey
01.11.2019 , 11:59 AM | #24
You all are keep saying Consular story is "dull-dull-dull-dull-dull"(Zash's impersonation mode on/off).
But I also heard a lot of similar negative remarks about Inquisitor story, though I very like it and like it more than everything else I've completed at this moment.

I do like Force-related stuff, Jedi/Sith way, obscure technics, mysticism and all that. The only thing in KotFE which I did enjoy was 12 chapter consisting of talking with Satele and Marr about Force and matters of power, making a lightsaber and confronting the spirit of Valkorion. The chapter that had the least amount of combat and war, now who would have thought?

Furthermore I really disdain "Hero's Jorney"-like stories e.g. OT movies and first KotOR, so, considering what you all have said about JK story, I guess I won't like it that much. And SW story was just a tasteless Vaderesque pile of crap imo - I still regret I've played it - though it's like the most popular story among players (no offense every1). "Boo, I beat the strongest guy of our enemy, IM KEWL AND STRONK -/L-A-P-D-O-G/-, DUUUH" - no, thanks.

So keeping in mind everything I said about my taste, what do ya think, will I still find Consular's story boring and dull? I need a somewhat more intel about the story apart from "it's about diplomacy and *****"

krakadyla's Avatar


krakadyla
01.11.2019 , 01:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TGaP_Andrey View Post
"Boo, I beat the strongest guy of our enemy, IM KEWL AND STRONK -/L-A-P-D-O-G/-, DUUUH" - no, thanks.

So keeping in mind everything I said about my taste, what do ya think, will I still find Consular's story boring and dull? I need a somewhat more intel about the story apart from "it's about diplomacy and *****"
Hi five, my man. I privately nicknamed SW "Darth Pitbull" after I finished the story.

I think you would like JC story. It has plenty of Force stuff, obscure rituals and mysticism, and everything's presented in a pretty thoughtful way. The oft-forgotten aspect of what makes a Jedi (other than swinging a glowstick really gud) -- reaching out and trying to understand varied, different cultures to gain knowledge, or to mediate between squabbling factions -- is sufficiently explored as well. Plus, starting from Chapter 2, you have the most interesting ship of them all, with a bunch of quite different people hanging out and offering comments after each mission. And remember how Sith Inquisitor would say things that make people go "Eheheh...", nod and slowly back away? Jedi Consular has them too, only puzzled look and "Whatever you say, Master Jedi" version.

And if you don't like it, feel free to come back and tell what you think about my taste in video games.

TGaP_Andrey's Avatar


TGaP_Andrey
01.11.2019 , 02:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
I think you would like JC story. It has plenty of Force stuff, obscure rituals and mysticism, and everything's presented in a pretty thoughtful way. The oft-forgotten aspect of what makes a Jedi (other than swinging a glowstick really gud) -- reaching out and trying to understand varied, different cultures to gain knowledge, or to mediate between squabbling factions -- is sufficiently explored as well. Plus, starting from Chapter 2, you have the most interesting ship of them all, with a bunch of quite different people hanging out and offering comments after each mission. And remember how Sith Inquisitor would say things that make people go "Eheheh...", nod and slowly back away? Jedi Consular has them too, only puzzled look and "Whatever you say, Master Jedi" version.

And if you don't like it, feel free to come back and tell what you think about my taste in video games.
Thanks for the reply. May I ask You the last question before I try it?
How does Dark side JC works? Does this work at all?

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
01.11.2019 , 02:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
Hi five, my man. I privately nicknamed SW "Darth Pitbull" after I finished the story.

I think you would like JC story. It has plenty of Force stuff, obscure rituals and mysticism, and everything's presented in a pretty thoughtful way. The oft-forgotten aspect of what makes a Jedi (other than swinging a glowstick really gud) -- reaching out and trying to understand varied, different cultures to gain knowledge, or to mediate between squabbling factions -- is sufficiently explored as well. Plus, starting from Chapter 2, you have the most interesting ship of them all, with a bunch of quite different people hanging out and offering comments after each mission. And remember how Sith Inquisitor would say things that make people go "Eheheh...", nod and slowly back away? Jedi Consular has them too, only puzzled look and "Whatever you say, Master Jedi" version.

And if you don't like it, feel free to come back and tell what you think about my taste in video games.
All that, plus it's the only class story with a mission objective:

Objective: Open the Blast Doors

And you do, indeed, open the blast doors. Permanently. Ain't nobody ever gonna close them blast doors.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

VelvetSanity's Avatar


VelvetSanity
01.11.2019 , 03:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
All that, plus it's the only class story with a mission objective:

Objective: Open the Blast Doors

And you do, indeed, open the blast doors. Permanently. Ain't nobody ever gonna close them blast doors.
That was one of my favorite moments. Those doors end up open wider than a Huttís mouth at a pie eating contest!

Loved the people on the ship, didnít care for the deck plan (layout/map). So far Iím torn between the Agentís ship for the deck plan and the Smugglerís (it even has a galley!!!)

From what you said, TGaP_Andrey, I agree with krakadyla. Youíll *love* the consularís story.
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twiílek Sith Sorceress

TGaP_Andrey's Avatar


TGaP_Andrey
01.11.2019 , 03:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by VelvetSanity View Post
the Smugglerís (it even has a galley!!!)
Smuggler's ship easily the best in the game, no discuss. It somewhat reminds me of the Firefly or the Bebop because of its atmosphere. "Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot staaaand..."

VelvetSanity's Avatar


VelvetSanity
01.11.2019 , 04:31 PM | #30
Note for anyone that thinks consular is bland/boring/cliche: have you forgotten the Jedi Knight the smuggler encounters on Tattooine, Nariel Pridence? You only see her for a couple of cutscenes, but she pretty much defines bland/boring to me...the VA delivered her lines completely monotone...
Pre-CU Bria refugee
Syvari Lun - Cathar Jedi Sage
Darth Vaccina - Twiílek Sith Sorceress