Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do all the Race/class Story happen at the sametime?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Do all the Race/class Story happen at the sametime?

LinkNukem
08.15.2015 , 07:12 PM | #1
For example during the Sith Warrior class story does the Jedi Knight story happen at the sametime?

While my Sith Warrior is doing chapter one, does the Jedi Knight, Consular, Bounty Hunter and etc are also doing their chapter one or the other classes doesn't exist?

SithKoriandr
08.15.2015 , 07:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkNukem View Post
For example during the Sith Warrior class story does the Jedi Knight story happen at the sametime?

While my Sith Warrior is doing chapter one, does the Jedi Knight, Consular, Bounty Hunter and etc are also doing their chapter one or the other classes doesn't exist?
Yes, but they don't exactly end and start at the same time.

They all start at 10 ATC (After the Treaty of Coruscant) What we don't know is how long Chapter 1-3 is, but we can say it's not a 1 day or even month thing. There is some time between some missions, planets, stories. Jedi even goes months between chapter 2 and 3.

We know Chapter 3 for SW finishes before SI.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Diviciacus
08.15.2015 , 07:33 PM | #3
Chapters one through three take a year (to answer SithKoriandr).

That's a lot of time for stories to start roughly the same time, and end roughly the same time, but there's occasionally hints that allow you to put relative chronologies into effect. But, because we're working with a year's worth of time, there's some with a lot of leeway.
  • Thanaton is on the Dark Council during the finale of Warrior story, so it must necessarily end before Inquisitor Corellia.
  • Knight finale can happen any time after Warrior Voss. (Knight and Warrior stories are heavily intertwined, by the way.)
  • Smuggler is done on Alderaan around the time the Bounty Hunter gets there, because the head in a jar you drop off as a smuggler is already on display in the museum which the bounty hunter breaks into very early on.

And that's only the ones I can remember immediately.
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

LinkNukem
08.15.2015 , 07:35 PM | #4
I found this image that was around the net.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...ha-d6wwupy.jpg

It say that between chapter there is a 1-2 years gap, but i could be reading this wrong.

SithKoriandr
08.15.2015 , 07:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
Chapters one through three take a year (to answer SithKoriandr).

That's a lot of time for stories to start roughly the same time, and end roughly the same time, but there's occasionally hints that allow you to put relative chronologies into effect. But, because we're working with a year's worth of time, there's some with a lot of leeway.
  • Thanaton is on the Dark Council during the finale of Warrior story, so it must necessarily end before Inquisitor Corellia.
  • Knight finale can happen any time after Warrior Voss. (Knight and Warrior stories are heavily intertwined, by the way.)
  • Smuggler is done on Alderaan around the time the Bounty Hunter gets there, because the head in a jar you drop off as a smuggler is already on display in the museum which the bounty hunter breaks into very early on.

And that's only the ones I can remember immediately.
How sure are you on that 1 year. I've heard up to 3 years. Knight is held by the Empire for months going out doing bad things.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Diviciacus
08.15.2015 , 08:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
How sure are you on that 1 year. I've heard up to 3 years. Knight is held by the Empire for months going out doing bad things.
Because it makes zero sense that everything from 51-60 happens in less than a year. Between Makeb and level 55 daily areas and story sections and Forged Alliances and Yavin and Ziost there's so many blasted breaks of several weeks to months that it's literally not possible for that to all happen in 3640BBY. (Despite Wookieepedia saying Makeb is already 3640BBY.)
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

SithKoriandr
08.15.2015 , 08:31 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
Because it makes zero sense that everything from 51-60 happens in less than a year. Between Makeb and level 55 daily areas and story sections and Forged Alliances and Yavin and Ziost there's so many blasted breaks of several weeks to months that it's literally not possible for that to all happen in 3640BBY. (Despite Wookieepedia saying Makeb is already 3640BBY.)
I agree on that as well. Makes no sense for Makeb all the way up to Ziost to be under a year. Hell, Lana and Theron being gone before Rishi felt like lots of time went by while they were in hiding.

Then more time seemed to have gone by between Yavin 4 and Ziost. More than just a few weeks.

Yomond
08.15.2015 , 11:42 PM | #8
I had heard, and just believed, that each chapter was about a year. and then one year for each real world year. so seven years total. which i like until I see a dev post to say other wise.

Burnheartzero
08.16.2015 , 12:47 PM | #9
Okay well spoilers for both Smuggler and Agent stories but, a certain figure from the Smuggler storyline who appears very briefly in the post alderaan part of act 1
Spoiler
appears in a holocall in the Agent storyline between Belsavis and Voss which you are told is 6 months old, meaning that act 2 takes less than 6 months. That is the only concrete timeline info the game gives you, that i've seen at least.

SithKoriandr
08.16.2015 , 05:07 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Burnheartzero View Post
Okay well spoilers for both Smuggler and Agent stories but, a certain figure from the Smuggler storyline who appears very briefly in the post alderaan part of act 1
Spoiler
appears in a holocall in the Agent storyline between Belsavis and Voss which you are told is 6 months old, meaning that act 2 takes less than 6 months. That is the only concrete timeline info the game gives you, that i've seen at least.
So the end of Chapter 1 Smuggler and Middle of Chapter 3 Agent is about 6 months, but it doesn't really give us a good timeline.

Knight was held prisoner for months as well, but if memory serves, the Warrior ends after the the Knights.